Author Topic: New Patch A Flop???  (Read 772 times)

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:53:40 PM »
I have had nothing but trouble with this patch ..Awesome FPS but i get nothing but screen lockups while in an Aircraft  .I have talked to alot of people tonight about this patch and very few are not expericencing  any trouble ..
      Many complaints of horrible gameplay .. I can no longer play im to frustrated with not being able to strafe a town with 110  it locks up and then into the ground i go or here come plane to shoot me while i cant see a thing ..I have died 20  times back to back from same problem so i give up .. I will frequently check to see if it is any better . if not I guess I will cancel my account and move on ..
     I love aceshigh ,for the 5 years I have been here ..I just dream about fun 10k fights with the smoothest gameplay and highest FPS like back in the good ol ah1 days BUT as graphics increase and new things are added everyone needs to upgrade.. upgrade for what?? 15$ a month??? hell at 15$ a month we should be supplied with the hardware needed.15$ A MONTH  5 years . .
    I guess im just venting but I did have perfect gameplay before the patch and new I shoulda just kept on playing but I relogged figureing i would have to download it eventually.. >>S<< to all hope to see u soon ..AND HOPE to see gameplay fixed

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 06:44:21 AM »
More information is needed here. What type of video card do you have?

If you do not know, run DXDIAG (Start->Run->DXDIAG), then select the "Display" tab and get the exact name of the device from there (upper left), and also post the video driver version (upper righ) and date of the driver.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Re: New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:52:20 AM »
Originally posted by FlyingFortress

upgrade for what?? 15$ a month??? hell at 15$ a month we should be supplied with the hardware needed.15$ A MONTH  5 years . .

Oh come on. Where can you get entertainment this great that cheap?

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 04:36:31 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
More information is needed here. What type of video card do you have?

If you do not know, run DXDIAG (Start->Run->DXDIAG), then select the "Display" tab and get the exact name of the device from there (upper left), and also post the video driver version (upper righ) and date of the driver.

SORRY skuz .. I am running the minimum requirements 64MB geforce MX4000 ..I have been told that I need a new card .. Even the new mx4000's are 128 MB..  But I get a 128 MB card ..then whats next im gnna need a bigger one and a bigger one ,  Here add some ram too ,maby  u guys should start selling pre made computers  that will run the game perfect.. id rather just dump my comp and buy a new one lol

NV4_disp.dll
  VERSION: 6.14.0010.5303
        DATE: 12/17/03
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 04:43:34 PM by FlyingFortress »

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 05:19:47 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Oh come on. Where can you get entertainment this great that cheap?

SKYWOLF does my initial  post sound like entertainment to you???? ..didnt think so

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 09:31:35 PM »
Originally posted by FlyingFortress
SKYWOLF does my initial  post sound like entertainment to you???? ..didnt think so

No... your initial post sounded whiney. It was the part about them somehow owing you hardware or something that was amusing. To me anyway.

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 12:43:20 AM »
open ur eyes and you would see the ''just venting'' part .. it gets frustrating when trying to play a game and u just cant..especially when ur paying for it and meet the requirements ..this is nowhere near a whine, more like a cry for help:(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 07:25:27 AM »
FF, make sure you are running version 61.77 of the NVidia drivers.  If you are running later drivers, you will suffer stutters, lockups, and generally poor performance.

For Windows 2000/XP, click here to get the 61.77 drivers.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Jedman7

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thegreenmountainboys.com
Sorry to hear, FF
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 08:17:48 AM »
Flying,

I'm sorry to hear your having such a bad time of it.  I just downloaded and installed the new AH last night and so far it is working fine.

Question:  is the "op" stuff built in to this new patch?  I downloaded the 65 meg v2.05 and installed it last evening, then got online and found out I needed the 30mb 2.51 patch.  Does this provide all the optimizing stuff I've been reading about?

Jed

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
yes
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 01:07:35 PM »
Yes Jed, while in the MA or any other Arena ,hit

Then do the same thing with them unchecked . That way u can see which ur game runs best with or without. i find with opterrian unchecked i get better fps but with them both unchecked i get better gameplay ..

Iam in the middle of updating my drivers like skuzzy said above ...thanks skuzzy ,I havent updated my vidcard drivers in about 8 months ..We will see if this works >>S<<

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 01:23:10 PM »
I hope you are getting the 61.77 drivers and not the latest drivers from NVidia or you WILL have many problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »
Yep 61.77 off the link you gave me .. I clicked on mirrior 1. lol im on 83% now because of dialup connection. :lol

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 04:04:58 PM »
Well i have been playing consistantly for almost 2 hrs now ...gameplay is 95% better but still have sum unwanted freezes .. mostly when in ground vis  or alot of action going on around me ... but that is normal its been that way for years =) ty skuzzy!!!!! and again sorry for any troubles i may have caused over the years

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 10:09:47 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
FF, make sure you are running version 61.77 of the NVidia drivers.  If you are running later drivers, you will suffer stutters, lockups, and generally poor performance.

For Windows 2000/XP, click here to get the 61.77 drivers.

Skuzzy this dl did not help me i am still lockin up badly here is my info
Device:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 eith AGP8X

Driver: nv4_disp.dll

Date: 7-15-04

this has never been a problem for me so i dont know what else to do

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
New Patch A Flop???
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 10:14:47 PM »
It was good earlier.. I loged in tonight and still getting freezes as well ...=( soo frustrating can no longer play .I ill see if its any better tomorrow