Author Topic: Responsibility  (Read 1208 times)

storch

Responsibility
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2005, 05:59:33 AM »
President Bush, in three words effectively neutered the oppositions sniping and ankle biting by doing something that no democratic party politician ever will, step up to plate and accept what ever comes his way.  his acceptance of responsibility for the relatively poor emergency response to what is arguably the worst natural disaster in U.S. history will more than likely be noted and even possibly remembered by the citizens.  you can be sure i will utilize this example of leadership as we sit in the shade and discuss things next national election cycle.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2005, 06:37:58 AM »
Originally posted by storch
President Bush, in three words effectively neutered the oppositions sniping and ankle biting by doing something that no democratic party politician ever will, step up to plate and accept what ever comes his way.  his acceptance of responsibility for the relatively poor emergency response to what is arguably the worst natural disaster in U.S. history will more than likely be noted and even possibly remembered by the citizens.  you can be sure i will utilize this example of leadership as we sit in the shade and discuss things next national election cycle.

You really arent trying to say that no dem has ever taken responsibility?
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

storch

Responsibility
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2005, 07:14:46 AM »
trying?  with the exception of Harry Truman (who was someone that undoubtedly would be a republican today)  I can think of no other post war democratic party politician that has ever accepted responsibility for anything ("I did not have sexual relations with that chubby intern, no suh, uh uh not me, nooooooo suh, nevah, nope, uh uh").  finger pointers and whiners, a party of effeminate whiny finger pointers down to the lowest of the rank and file.  look at who the democratic party champions are today.  :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 07:23:26 AM by storch »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Responsibility
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »
klinton took responsibility for Waco but he's not on death row.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 09:17:35 AM »
I remember Reno taking full responsibility, not Clinton... but I'm getting old and memory fails me now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »
Yep it was Reno.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 11:33:11 AM »
Yep Reno stepped up to the podium and said the decision was hers, not the on scene commander. I may not agree with her decision but I can and do respect her for stating she was the one responsible.

Going in that same concern, it took a FBI investigation complete with DNA analysis to get the head of the same administration to admit what the evidence already proved and confirmed that he committed perjury (a felony) while in office. In that situation, had he just simply said, yep I did it, I'm sorry and it won't happen again, the Republicans wouldn't have had any ammunition to use in a investigation much less an impeachment. Quite a bit of money would have been saved.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 11:52:43 AM »
Originally posted by storch
trying?  with the exception of Harry Truman (who was someone that undoubtedly would be a republican today)  I can think of no other post war democratic party politician that has ever accepted responsibility for anything ("I did not have sexual relations with that chubby intern, no suh, uh uh not me, nooooooo suh, nevah, nope, uh uh").  finger pointers and whiners, a party of effeminate whiny finger pointers down to the lowest of the rank and file.  look at who the democratic party champions are today.  :D

Uhn, this wouldn't be you with your whiny, finger pointing of others here, now would it? ;)

I remember Carter taking responsibility for the failed Iran hostage rescue mission.

I can't recall Reagan ever taking responsibility for Iran-Contra. His "best" response was "I can't recall." That ecoed the same in the MCA scandal around when he was governor as well.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Responsibility
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2005, 12:32:04 PM »
This responsibility thing may be catching..

>> "We all know that there were failures at every level of government: state, federal and local. At the state level, we must take a careful look at what went wrong and make sure it never happens again. The buck stops here, and as your governor, I take full responsibility," Blanco told lawmakers in a special meeting of the Louisiana Legislature. " <<

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/091405cccawwlblanco.91ae1386.html

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2005, 12:38:24 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

I remember Carter taking responsibility for the failed Iran hostage rescue mission.

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain President Carter never did anything of the sort.  Even though the mission failed it was not because of planning or logistics it was a sand storm and mechanical failures.  While the failure may be a part of the reason he lost the election, the media never blamed him for it.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2005, 12:45:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I remember Reno taking full responsibility, not Clinton... but I'm getting old and memory fails me now.

Clinton apologized for Vietnam, slavery, the Tuskegee syphilis experiments,  the arrest and convictions of several dem campaign contributors (oh wait that was pardons) and he apologized for disappointing the American public over Monica.  But he didn't apologize for torching men women and children at Waco.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain President Carter never did anything of the sort.  Even though the mission failed it was not because of planning or logistics it was a sand storm and mechanical failures.  While the failure may be a part of the reason he lost the election, the media never blamed him for it.

I remember it. It was televised.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 12:57:28 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
I remember it. It was televised.

Its not a biggie, but I dont suppose you have a link to the transcipt ?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
Its not a biggie, but I dont suppose you have a link to the transcipt ?

Sorry, most what I post are from memory. You'll have to search for it as I don't have the time right now.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Responsibility
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »
I believe that both reno and klinton accepted responsibility for Waco... they both made the same meaningless gesture...  neither was punished in any way.

lazs