Author Topic: chairboy...ACLU  (Read 2266 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2005, 11:29:03 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yep... it's time to quit screwing around... let's get this all out in the open..  let's have some SC ruling (after dubya pumps up the court with honest men).

So MT.... if the SC heard the case for the second.... How would you want the ruling to go?

lazs

Based on what I've read in this thread, and on the great internet.... It doesn't matter one iota.  

Let me explain.

If the SC says it is an individual right, not a whole lot changes.
If the SC says it is a collective right, not a whole lot changes due to the definition of a militia. So tell me. Why should I care?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2005, 02:38:10 PM »
Hardly.... if the SC admits that it is an individual right that can't be infringed upon then all that is left is to determine what are arms and what arms could be useful to a militia...

The first thing that would happen is that more states would be forced to adopt gun laws much like Vermont or face a rash of court cases that would drown em...  At the same time the gun control acts of 1934 and 1968 would become moot and be recinded.

The BATF would have to close it's doors for lack of anything to do and billions of dollars a year that is being spent on gun control would no longer have any government agencies to go to.

No taxes or fees would be allowed since these would be infringments.   It says "shall not be infringed" not "you can have guns if you can afford the fees"

you could still have any gun control laws you wanted on private property.

lazs

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2005, 11:26:34 AM »
I can see them restricting ownership to felons and parolees.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2005, 03:51:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

No taxes or fees would be allowed since these would be infringments.   It says "shall not be infringed" not "you can have guns if you can afford the fees"

lazs

Well hell, let's take this one step further....
I want my gun for free then. I mean, those high prices are infringing my buying that Barret Light 50. ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2005, 04:36:33 PM »
You are not buying the gun from the Government.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
chairboy...ACLU
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2005, 08:57:59 AM »
I can see getting rid of the whole parole thing.

To me... once a criminal is released from prison he should have all his rights restored.... if you don't think him capable of restored rights.... of walking amoung us.... why did you let him out in the first place?

And... if he wants to use a gun then he will.   No law will change that.    

lazs