Author Topic: longrange shooting  (Read 1328 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
longrange shooting
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:51:44 PM »
See Rule #7, #5
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:24:25 PM by Skuzzy »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
longrange shooting - turekill heya, this was just a little skill :)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:58:45 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:24:49 PM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 11:05:05 PM »
not at all, if you stopped thinking the whole world want ed your blood and just watched THIS  ---->  http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/longrange1.wmv

you would see the your call or BS is not fair.

that is all.

forget the ah film watch this link, will only take 2 mins. tell me that amount of fire right into the cockpit wouldnt kill you.

i post it openly because people deserve to see evidence of long range gunnery soing damage.

how come you dont complain that your tailgun rounds hit me from the same range???
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 11:07:24 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 11:34:23 PM »
watch it come on, you can clearly see about 50 hits in the canpopy and left wing root and engine area. it was a high on killshot, not BS in my opinion.

edit: just look, theres no doubt you would die. note the ranges left on the screens.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 11:39:09 PM by mechanic »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 05:44:57 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
how come you dont complain that your tailgun rounds hit me from the same range???

I only shot you about 3-4 times with the tail gun while on autopilot completely leveled out. It is crap jsut like a few days ago when I got damage from a B17 from more then 1k away. Balistics seems off. In flight a guns dont shoot strait. The vibration of the engine and guns throw the aim off. And the dispersion at 800yds is going to be pretty big. Bat theres no skill involved when shooting 50cals. Iv shot people down from 800-1k many times with them and each time even I called BS. And I said before I dont need to watch it I was looking behind me when you where shooting and I watched the tracers hit me. Me N7 and storch were going to the MA after that sortie anyways. I really just dont think the P38G should be in this setup. Then spitIX and hang with all our planes and the only ones that almost turn it is the 110 and F4 adding the P38 just screwed us over, because now in a fight there are planes that we cant out turn or out run flying around. I dont even know why I even flew that sortie I told myself I wasnt going to fly a fighter untill the new setup. And that was my last fighter sortie for this setup. Ill take my chances in the Ju88, but even that thing is lighting up like a zeke from 1-2 cannon hits.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »
I recall not to long ago when a certain F2M did the same thing to me;)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:02:50 AM »
guys, honestly, 800yrds is really not that far when your target has a 16.5M wingspan and from nose to tail is close to 13M.  

you shoot from 800 yrds at a 15M target target with a heavy MG on thr ground you will hit it at least some.
 in my mind if you hurl over 500 rounds of MG fire over 800yrds at a target 16MX13M you are likely to have a reasonable chance of hitting, and if you shoot good enough and concentrate fire....

Truekill you're saying 'i dont need to watch the film'   you should. it shows slow-mo of about 50 hits to cockpit and wings. at the time fo the killshot..

anyhow i display my evidence and rest my case. out.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »
I have to disagree

800 yard hit is bogus, 800 yard kills are arcade stuff

800 yards = 2400 feet - almost half a mile

mile = 5280ft, 1/2 = 2640

maybe a 800 yard hit on a bomber if you stay back and lob a shot in but against an agile fighter... nah, dont think it happened much in rl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

storch

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 11:59:07 AM »
yup gamey stuff

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

storch

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 03:26:48 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
http://garytakahashi.md/braden/NastyMeds.wmv

All im gonna say.
sure is nice shooting but it is irrelevent to the topic.  that is a stationary shot with optics.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 04:30:34 PM »
:yawn
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 05:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
http://garytakahashi.md/braden/NastyMeds.wmv

All im gonna say.

Im guessing that, that was a M82 50cal semi auto sniper rifle. That is a single shot wepon on the ground not a full auto MG flying around. And to compare the two is just plain stupid.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »
Bat Im not saying anything about how you aimed is BS any one can hit with 50cals at 800+yrds. What Im saying is what storch and eagler said its to gamey. Here are some screen shots of the target at 1100yrds. With jsut alittle pull of the stick and aiming alittle bit higher then the bullseye you can hit it with no trouble.This shows you the dispersion of the 50cals and 20mm on that P38 at 1100yrds

First the 50cals

Now the 20mms
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 05:56:03 PM »
If one bullet at long range can pulverize a chunk of rock or liquefy an animal, what do you expect when 4 fully automatic weapons firing the same basic cartridge are hitting a glass canopy? :huh
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.