Author Topic: Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2005, 02:32:32 PM »
originally posted by Slapshot
'Tis sad ... people getting their jollies at ruining someone elses night ... but that is atypical of the mindset of most MA players.

strange comment this coming from the fact that u lot were applauding zazens blatant attempt at "ruining" others fun when he swapped sides to steal a cv.

its ok when it doesnt affect you directly but when its done to you all i hear is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :rofl :p

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2005, 02:36:35 PM »
WOW, is it fun to sit in a closet and masturbate with 80 grit sand paper? No...I didnt think so.

So what's so fun about having a CV that's not being used?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2005, 02:54:30 PM »
Disabling all the bases in area which is normally very active, solely to deny others their fun is griefing.

Changing sides to put a stop to a group exploiting an aspect of gameplay is not griefing.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2005, 02:59:01 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
WOW, is it fun to sit in a closet and masturbate with 80 grit sand paper? No...I didnt think so.

So what's so fun about having a CV that's not being used?

You want to know what was wrong with it?  A month later, some people are STILL pissed off.  This alone should tell you something, morph.

And in case you were wondering what that "something" was, it should tell you that it was a childish, nasty thing to do on zazen's part.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
strange comment this coming from the fact that u lot were applauding zazens blatant attempt at "ruining" others fun when he swapped sides to steal a cv.

its ok when it doesnt affect you directly but when its done to you all i hear is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :rofl :p

What you forgot about oh Hammy one is that the CV that was snatched out from under them ... again ... was being used to "grief" in the game.

Through an obscure hole in the terrain, the "griefers" were allowed to sit just outside the port and spawn a never ending stream of LVTs to resupply the port base and prevent its capture.

Nice try tho !!! Come back again when ya have something solid ... :aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2005, 07:18:19 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
Yup, you and your squad should be proud of yourselves.  Almost 90 strong now.. and all you can do is crash into hangars and take undefended bases that noone would ever want to take.  Seems like the favorite saying of those in your squad when called out is: "Grow Up"...  You guys sure lead by example.  And here I thought you were just a bunch of know-nothing yokels...  heh, go figure

:lol

WELL MAYBY you can get off your a** and DEFEND or just keep crying about it :cry
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Re: mr maturity
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
The fact that you knew what was going to be the reaction, that you knew it was going to piss off a lot of people (including some Bish), and you did it anyway just show what lack of maturity you actually have.

Knowing something is wrong and then doing it anyways is about as childish as it gets. Either that, or it's psychopathic.

Well he's actually just jealous of us who play the game for  FUN!

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2005, 09:29:22 PM »
Is there a limit to the height of the mountains on a map?  If not, why not just make the ring arounf FT ridiculously high?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2005, 10:16:14 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
WELL MAYBY you can get off your a** and DEFEND or just keep crying about it :cry

I knew right away who was involved.  You Defended, we took.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2005, 10:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
The best thing to do for fighter town is just to not have any towns attached to the airfields.

No town, no capture is possible.

Let those Bish who screwed up the furball fun try to take a base without a town.

It should be a simple fix to the map that would require no programming.

Fighter Town on Sunday night was the most fun I have had in AH in months.

And entertainment is why I fly this sim.

The issue with that idea is that every base MUST have a maproom. It doesn't need a town, but needs a maproom. Even CVs have them (look at the top left of the Baltic map, or all around Trinity). A solution could be to put the maprooms extremely far away, but then anyone with a buttload of time in a goon could take it. Then again, you could surround them with a couple thousand acks that "belong" to the base...that would be awesome.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
The issue with that idea is that every base MUST have a maproom. It doesn't need a town, but needs a maproom. Even CVs have them (look at the top left of the Baltic map, or all around Trinity). A solution could be to put the maprooms extremely far away, but then anyone with a buttload of time in a goon could take it. Then again, you could surround them with a couple thousand acks that "belong" to the base...that would be awesome.

In an earlier post, I suggested this :

"Just move the towns for the FT bases deep into each countries territory, preferably very near their HQ so that they can be defended by 163’s and easily taken back."

The point is of course that there are some easy solutions to preventing these FT bases from being taken easily, and to make it very easy for a side to take them back.

HT really cannot control the behavior of those who decide to stop the furballing at FT by capturing all the FT bases.  But HT can make it difficult to capture the base and easy to to get it back so that the furballing can continue.

As for those who took the FT bases to stop the furballing, well it is their $15 a month.  And it sounds like they got what they wanted, a massive negative reaction from the community.  And now they get to brag on the BBS about how they enjoyed ruining the furball for everyone else.  So it sounds like they got more than their $15 bucks worth this month.

Offline red420

• Zinc Member
too funny
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »
I wish I had seen this earlier. I don't often check the boards because frankly, most of you are so full of crap you stink up a Q tip, but I had to read this 1 since I heard so much about it. My god, you bunch of sissies! We can't furball, waaaah!   You can hate the bish all you want for taking your bases in FT, but I can guarantee all of you that rooks were first in bombers in FT, and I didn't cry. I tightened my belt and went to get some. You people nearly make me sick. all the whining, when all you want to do is gang on people and get easy cherry picks anyway. I'd rather fly by myself, then at least nobody is trying to steal my kill, but there's never just 1 bad guy. Yes, I'll bomb your FH, I'll even kill all your churches, then fly Lancs over the city and target the hospital and the orphanage! WHAT?