Author Topic: Lalas and HO's...  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Lalas and HO's...
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:39:12 AM »
Anyone else noticed the amount of bish flying lalas and then trying to ho you?
Don't know why the sudden spike in this but it's been really noticable over the last couple of days, Not whining or anything, they pay thier cash and that's fine with me, shame though as there's a lot more enjoyment in this game to be had than just flying looking to ho folks.
Cheers
Big G

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:45:34 AM »
no, you know what, i never noticed.....

:)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
Hmmm
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
I normally fly the Hurri 2c, but this month decided to try the LA5FN.

Hold my hands up and say that on some occasions I have HO'd in it, but will only do as last resort if I have been sucked into a turn fite that I'm losing, more often than not as keep forgetting I'm not in the Hurri, and if I feel the oncoming plane is inferior in build/strength.

Been getting used to the alt-swoop-alt tactic and using it to pop GV's with its ord.

So, guilty to some effect but not as a primary tactic.

To be honest, the HO has been widely "discussed" as long as I have been playing, 3 years or so, both in here and the now channel 200.

Smiggy (Bishop)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 11:47:08 AM »
Squad motto: HO-n-GO!!!

Give us some names man....names. ;)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 11:54:28 AM »
Like I said earlier, it's not my place to judge people or claim how to fly etc, just noticed a spike in ho's and lalas at the same time, heck, we all have to ho someone from time to time, but it's been really noticble the last couple of days and wondered if there's been an increase in new guys or something like that?

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 12:09:03 PM »
Come fly Bish for a night and you will find that it is not exclusivly a Bish problem.

When I encounter an LA7 there are a few things I can almost count on.

1. The pilot will attempt the HO. In fact some have such a desire to HO that I've seen them stall their plane trying desperately to get their nose pointed at my nose when I try to avoid their HO.

2. If you are successful in avoiding their HO they will drop the nose and extend and extend and extend. At this point I will look for other targets.

It is the rare occasion that you meet a LA7 pilot how knows his plane and know how to fight and is willing to engage you. This can lead to some very intense and enjoyable combat. It is rare though, very rare.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 12:12:21 PM by Clifra Jones »

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 12:15:32 PM »
Reckon the best  lala pilot I've come across yet is Joker2, what  a pleasure it is to try and fight this guy, knows his stuff and is always a gentleman in the air. You always get a good fight from this guy and your lucky, very lucky if you don't end up in a parachute.
Joker2

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »
what ticks me off is when im trying to merge in the MA and get Ho'd...It seems no matter what I do to get a fair straight on merge, I ended up getting shot in the face...its really cheesy....Not suprsing ive spent the past week straight exclusively in tank town
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
No it's not a "Bish" problem it's a skill problem. There is a certain Bish multi-winged squad who specializes in it however. Not naming any names.

cav58d I, Nomak, TC or someone will be glad to teach you how to avoid the HO. Anytime I'm on, just ask and we'll go to the DA.

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
Joker2
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 12:31:05 PM »
Can concur regarding Joker2, he's a squad mate of mine.

He was engaged in a 1v1 other day with Hurri, he was in la7.
Had been going on for ages, I unfortunately broke it up due to a mis-understanding. I called in on squad, asking if he was ok, asked 2nd time and got no response, figured he was in trouble and shot down the Hurri.

He explained was unable to answer as was in middle of dogfite and couldn't type.

Apologised to him and NME pilot for breaking up the long-standing duel.

No HO, no run, turn after turn after turn, neither one giving an inch.

Smiggy.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »
I cant say that I have...but I do fly bish, but I will say that I have noticed an increase in this vile behavior by the rooks and nits.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 02:06:46 PM »
ruh roh.

not this again.

can I HO with a 110 instead?

RTR
The Damned

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 02:08:57 PM »
Can't speak for anyone else as I'm a rook right now but there's definately a bish group going round in lalas trying to head on folk, like I said it's a shame as there's loads you could be doing instead of just trying a ho.

My old Grandad used to tell me stories of jerries trying to ho him when he was in his old hurri, said that the only thing you could see was " a  flash from it's bloody great big cannon" lo

ps. Said he also used to have his convergence set for around 100yds,  to "settle in behind them nice and close" lol
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 02:11:08 PM by Big G »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 02:09:57 PM »
Originally posted by Big G
Reckon the best  lala pilot I've come across yet is Joker2, what  a pleasure it is to try and fight this guy, knows his stuff and is always a gentleman in the air. You always get a good fight from this guy and your lucky, very lucky if you don't end up in a parachute.
Joker2

There are parachutes in the game ? ... :confused:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:10 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
There are parachutes in the game ? ... :confused:

yeah, but you'd know them by their proper name...

meatbombs.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798