Author Topic: COMPETITION TIME!  (Read 1784 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
COMPETITION TIME!
« on: November 06, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »
the game is down, so what the hey.....

...the other day i upped a spittyV to defend against some horde of CV planes who had been vulching us all trying to roll IL2s for 20 mins. the result as the FHs came back up was one very war hungry batfink and a rediculous k/h ratio for the sortie.

this got me thinkng, when watching the film with relish....

we should hold a competition for the fastest 5 kills ever known in AH for a fighter VS fighter with no or bomber/GV kills counting.

So here are the rules:

1) the time will be recorded from the ping that kills/takes a wing/etc off the first plane to the instant the last ping that kills the 5th plane.

2) only fighter/light attacker(nothing with a formation) vs fighter/light attacker kills will be counted.

3) only air to air kills will counted.  you will not be able to enter if any of the kills were within ack range of the enemy base no matter if ack is up or down.

4) there are no rules regarding HO's, cherry picks, hording, ramming and surviving, BnZing, furballing or any other type of recorded kill excluding rule #3

5) all films must be from either the Main Arena, A Special Event, or the Combat Theatre.

6) any atempt to fake an entry will be frowned upon and would show a true lack of sportsmanship.

7) the competition will never end, but the current fastest time holder at any time has the bragging rights to claim being the 'Fastest Killer in AH2' :D

8) in the possition of a tied time, ENY will kick in and a c202 with 40seconds will beat a spit5 with 40seconds. obvious. In the very unlikely event of a tie in the same aircraft, ENY will be used to determine who killed the hardest 5 planes to kill. a spit5 that kills 5 vals will lose to a spit5 that kills 5 262s in the same time. not so fair maybe, but a definite rule to save dispute.

9) 262 and the 163 are valid fighters to atempt the record in.

10) The competition remains competetive, but doesnt  degrade anyone or any group of people involved. especially the 5 victims!

11) this competition proves nothing about pilot skill and who is the best fighter pilot.

12) All entrants must supply:

1 x .ahf file of the entry, ingame CPID and some witty comment that puts everyone else to shame as you take the top spot :)

GOOD LUCK
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:49:28 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
COMPETITION TIME! - fastest killer in AH2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 07:54:23 PM »
i geuss the comp doesnt start untill someone makes an entry though :(

it would be rather poor form to post the first entry and the competition announcement at the same time. i will say that my time is less than 5 mins though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 07:56:28 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 08:03:04 PM »
How about make the start/end times more concrete and go by the buffer message "you shot down XXXX" etc. That way theres no dispute about exactly when the 'kill' happened.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 08:16:47 PM »
i decided on that as the first option, but decided that if your fight was at 10k you wouldnt get a fair time.

it is possible to freeze frame the film to when the rounds hit.

a plane is only considered dead when the pilot is killed or totaly vital airframe parts are shot off.

even if the guys limps home missing half a wing, oil, engine and losing blood its not in.

if a plane is wounded and leaves icon vis then you would use the text buffer if he died and it was your 5th.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 08:41:04 PM »
Com'on wheres all the Hot Shots now? :p

just any 5 kill sortie that isnt over 1 kill per minute should be good enough to start the ball rolling.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
just any 5 kill sortie that isnt over 1 kill per minute should be good enough to start the ball rolling.
In a dense fast paced furball you can get 4-5 kills under 40 seconds.
You should limit submissions to 5 kills under a minute otherwise you'll get too many films to watch.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 09:13:10 PM »
well no one has posted yet :)

come on i know you can fish some thing up to enter.

i'd be happy with one entry under 2 mins to start as a good base.

But hell, its not taking off without a starter so I'll post the sortie that got me thinking about this..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK: ---> http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/5kills2minsspit5.ahf

CPID: Batfink
Plane: SpitfireV
Time: 01:23
Kills in order: Seafire, F6F, Fm2, F4u1, Seafire

i know someone can beat that, but untill they do, check my sig suckers!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 09:15:34 PM by mechanic »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 09:25:10 PM »
great so i geuss some one is going to just turn this into a 'look he is attention seeking' thread. honestly thought it would be fun, but knew it would be easy meat to most if i posted a film then made a competition.

we can forget it, bad idea obviously.   not like theres not enough people online complaining about the sever now, if no one here wants to play then geuss no one ever will.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 09:38:06 PM »
batfink you pwned yourself again lol..we wont bash ya;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 09:41:42 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 05:26:12 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »
LOL Batfink... dude... it's an interesting idea, but nobody can even log in tonight to try to make these films.  Plus I usually don't get on until after midnight EST if even, so I can't just go and produce a film for you in an instant.  You'll have to give a contest like this plenty of time.  I'm willing to bet that over half the people who would participate in something like this haven't even read your post yet.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »
funny i wasnt even considering you would be able to beat 01:23

*runs and hides*

:p

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 09:57:38 PM »
lol! now i know its on :D

S! Levi, i know you have probably halved that time once a month at least.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 11:23:28 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 05:26:54 PM by Skuzzy »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »
don't even think of flaming this perfectly good idea, please, you are far behind the times. your protocol now is to be really nice and act as if you pity me and want to help me. ;)