Author Topic: "Temptation Isle"  (Read 1472 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »
 The networks only show us what we want to see. They do extensive market research to determine with high degree of accuracy that they will not lose money. That is why they do not have that many original ideas.
 miko

TheWobble

"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
I think the Network's angle is basically this

"our viewers are sick stupid diddlys that get a kick out of watching people suffer, as long as there is some tits and bellybutton along with it"
and thus we have "temptation isle"

Offline Mattibaby80

• Zinc Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2001, 02:03:00 AM »
I think it is incredibly offending that they target only the males in the show.  They don't talk about half naked guys prancing about on the island to seduce the females.  This show obviously must have been thought out by females 'cuz men are such disgusting evil bastards who can't stay in a relationship.  I mean come on!!!  I'm sure (gasp) that women cheat on men too.  Anyone else catch that?

------------------
Meine schwester hat keine kartoffel salat?  Du bist eine lustige bube!!

[This message has been edited by Mattibaby80 (edited 01-12-2001).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
Wobble
I appreciate your view points, but can you please clean up the language.
thanks
Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 01-12-2001).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
Wait!  A TV show about where a longtime girlfriend sleeping with another man!  Sounds like my love life before I met my wife!

I should watch the show. Some of my ex-girlfriends are probably on it!  

I watch West Wing. So I guess I'll have to tape it!!  
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

TheWobble

"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2001, 04:39:00 PM »
Eagler, my language dictates how i feel the networks are thinking, tell them to "clean up the language"  

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Believe what you want.  People don't race to crash.. they race to win.  There will always be people waiting for a wreck.. but there will aslo be those waiting for a great pass.  SCCA/IMSA-GT/Camel and such are some of the most fun to watch.  Just pure racing... little else except the occasional spinout.

AKDejaVu

The only part of the race where I like to see a crash is if #24 is involved.    I cant stand that little bastige.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2001, 11:37:00 PM »
"Temptation Island" is sick.   I couldn't imagine wanting to watch it.  The "contestants" must either be incredibly stupid, or looking for an easy way to get laid.

My girlfriend wanted to watch it.  She thought it might be "interesting".  The concept of that TV show is so disgusting to me that I told her I would break up with her if she watched it.   Foutunately, she didn't call my bluff (I wouldn't actually leave her over a TV show) and I didn't have to be subjected to that awful slop FOX calls a TV show.

"Temptation Island" reminds me why my TV usually sits in the corner unplugged, gathering dust.   The TV shows available aren't worth the electricity the TV uses.

J_A_B

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2001, 02:01:00 AM »
#24 is the car I target every time I play NASCAR Racing '99. I see him, he goes bye-bye! I remember when he "winked out" rounding turn 4 at Texas and hit the wall, totaling his car. This was during a pace lap! My neighbor was over at my place watching it with me, and we both cracked up laughing! My neighbor asked me "Maybe he was figurin' his take from his Pepsi commercials in the car?".

I spit soda all over the floor.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
I don't even need to watch one second Temptation Island to know it is probably the most asinine idea ever conceived by a human being on the planet Earth.

Fury

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »

Originally posted by Sunchaser:
Well Rip, I agree but I gotta add StarTrek Voyager, Seven of Nine is not to be missed!

Yea baby YEA!

A buddy told me that survivor was voyeurism without the sex. I guess FOX figures if survivor got the ratings it did without...

I didnt watch survivor and DEFINATLY wont watch this.  I basicly watch same things as rip, cept news, I get that off the radio and have to add ST voyager...only 11 new episodes left till series finally  

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by LJK Raubvogel:
I'm with Rip, if I happen to be in front of the TV, it's tuned to Discovery, History, etc. Been watching the Junkyard Wars on TLC past few weeks.

Ditto.

Offline black

• Zinc Member
      • 353rd Fighter Group
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Certainly makes up for MST3K..
353rd Fighter Group
XO Badmood
www.slybirds.com