Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2005, 02:47:03 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Zazen...the clue rake is still available if you want it. :)

I NEVER said anyone SHOULD leave to fight milkrunners. I said COULD. Instead, they CHOOSE to stay in FT and vulch the opposing fields. As for me not fighting in FT, as I said waaaay earlier in this thread, I CHOOSE not to be vulched on takeoff.

I do find your statement about Rooks being tired of land grab just a bit humorous. Since they were milkin' the crap out of undefended Knit fields for the last 2 nights. To be fair, I also saw Knits doing the same to Rook fields and neither group made any effort to oppose the other. It is silly, but it is also the "realistic" way to "win" the war. Unfortunately for the only map with an FT, the same "tactics" are used in FT.

BTW, I'm not pointing at the Rooks, because I am not foolish or inexperienced enough to think that they are the only people that would play this way. The real point (for me) is to bring the flaws in the set-up to the fore, in hopes that they will someday be addressed.

As I said I cannot comment on the Rooks that get bored with no enemy at FT and vulch/pork the fields. I do not vulch or pork at all much less FT. One thing is for certain, however, if Knights and Bish maintained parity of #'s at FT Rooks would never get into a position to vulch their fields even if they wanted to. The vulching of FT is a symptom of the problem, lack of Bish and Knits at FT, not the cause.

When Bish and Knights start getting numerically overwhlemed at FT to the point their field is nearly CAP'd I either log-off or get in a field gun or Ostwind and kill vulchers somewhere else for practice until FT livens up again.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
doughnut
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2005, 02:58:11 PM »
Numbers are hard to even up in FT.  Sometimes rooks are overwhelmming and sometimes bish are overwhelmming.  When bish have numbers, I'll finish up the sortie and fly somewhere else.  Then rooks have numbers, I'll go back to FT to help out the bish that are still there.  I still like to help defend bish bases that are under attack.  That is my way of helping my country by furballing over attacked bases.
The vulching is not because they're isn't enough oppenents to defend.  It is because of the vulchers!  The need to take some responsibility for their actions.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2005, 03:06:53 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Numbers are hard to even up in FT.  Sometimes rooks are overwhelmming and sometimes bish are overwhelmming.  When bish have numbers, I'll finish up the sortie and fly somewhere else.  Then rooks have numbers, I'll go back to FT to help out the bish that are still there.  I still like to help defend bish bases that are under attack.  That is my way of helping my country by furballing over attacked bases.
The vulching is not because they're isn't enough oppenents to defend.  It is because of the vulchers!  The need to take some responsibility for their actions.

I don't know Kermit. I guess you're right about vulchers. Last night there were 3 Knights at FT, the same three guys would up to 15k in La7s or 190s, fly to our field and make high speed passes up and down our runway for vulches until they inevitably got wacked. They did this for several hours all this while there were at least 10 Rooks at FT fighting low with Bish in the glory hole. I have no insight into this behavior or the vulching phenomena generally, it baffles me.

I freely admit I'm a huge pathetic lamer dweeb as Lazs described who uses tactics, advantage, co-operation, teamwork and co-ordination to full effect whenever possible even if it *gasp* makes me un-fun to fight, but vulching is just plain unsportsmanlike. Even pathetic lamer dweebs like myself who use sound tactics not just arcade game reflexes to kill enjoy killing like any other hunting sport. There's no hunt in making passes on plane spawnpoints to kill them wheels down as they spawn or taxi on the runway.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 03:16:33 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2005, 03:17:38 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
. I do not vulch or pork at all much less FT.
Zazen

Few years ago, i had back pain, the doctor gave me some tablets and advised not to drink,smoke or xxx,
I was thinking: what for to live?!
 If you don't vulch ,ho, spawn camp....,What for to play?
 :)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
Few years ago, i had back pain, the doctor gave me some tablets and advised not to drink,smoke or xxx,
I was thinking: what for to live?!
 If you don't vulch ,ho, spawn camp....,What for to play?
 :)

I play for the hunt. Hunting humans is the greatest sport. Most humans are smart and adapt. You guys can vulch the other ones. ;)

Zazen

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »
zazen made a mission earlier and captured the knight fighter town base :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
doughnut
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2005, 04:47:12 PM »
The BKs usually switch to the lowest numbered side at the time to even things up. There's no good excuse not to unless you 'need' the advantage.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2005, 04:51:23 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
The BKs usually switch to the lowest numbered side at the time to even things up. There's no good excuse not to unless you 'need' the advantage.

It's rare I see one country with more than +/-10% difference than either of the other two. The problem is one team uses their numbers to furball at FT while the other two use their exact same numbers to attempt to milkrun and land-grab bases.

Zazen

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
doughnut
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »
I guess the difference would be you care about the 'war'. I couldn't care less. It's all about the fight, more even and straight-up the fight is... the better IMHO.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
zazen made a mission earlier and captured the knight fighter town base :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Blapshpemer!!! Off with his Head! :furious

I'd sooner circumcise myself with a hydrochloric acid soaked splintered wooden spoon as participate in the capture of a FT base. :O  

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
I guess the difference would be you care about the 'war'. I couldn't care less. It's all about the fight, more even and straight-up the fight is... the better IMHO.

Yup, that's where your plan falls apart sadly. While we like to fantasize FT is a hermetically sealed off furball Utopia, it's not. It's just 3 relatively isolated bases in close proximity of 200 total in the MA. A MA dominated, unfortunately, by the mind-set of more bases is better mentality, even at the detriment of fun and good fights. It is because of this sad fact that most maps are just hordes milkrunning/gang-banging in a giant pointlesslessly boring merry-go-round. Only on the smaller map is there any significant fighting for any length of time in one area and that is simply because there is no other option for a path of lesser resistance.

On the donut map, 1 less guy furballing at fightertown is one more guy helping his team milkrun land-grab horde capture bases. Conversely, 1 more guy at FT furballing is not land-grabbing/milkrunning bases for his team. So, while they are diametrically opposed in principle, they rely on the same human resource pool for each team. Therefore, there is an opportunity cost associated with the indiviudal player's choice as far as his team is concerned.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 05:12:23 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2005, 05:00:51 PM »
Let’s get something clarified in here.

You cannot successfully vulch a base unless the enemy co-operates with you. The defenders of any base can up fighters quicker than you can vulch them.  They up enough fighters, soon a few are airborne, a few have HO’d some of the vulchers, and all of a sudden, the vulchers become out numbered and are the hunted.

But most people in there are such score potatos, that you can count on them not upping after you vulch them.  All attacks on airfield count on the defenders not upping because they are afraid to be vulched and lose points on their scores.

I will often overfly a fight near the NEME base and start vulching.  This quicly suppresses the base defense as everyone jumps in field guns or gv’s or goes somewhere else.  If I had bnz’d and killed a couple of planes near the base, they would just have upped in their spits and lala’s and come back and stopped the land grab.  Vulching is the quickest way to suppress air defense at any field. It  demoralizes the enemy. I have capped small fields by myself for long periods.  If the dweebs really wanted to, they could have upped and killed me, but in AH we would rather whine on 200 or the BBS than take out the vulchers.

And when the Bish or Knights vulch the Rook field, we go and vulch theirs.  They often have good numbers, but will not fly past the base defense guns to fight.  You hardly ever see a Bish over the water period  or a Knit much past their PT boat spawns,  Unless of course  they are in a buff, or are themselves vulching.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 05:03:43 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2005, 05:31:47 PM »
I play for the hunt. Hunting humans is the greatest sport. Most humans are smart and adapt. You guys can vulch the other ones.

ROTFLOLPM - Yeah your in it for the hunt if cherry pits are what you are hunting.   :rolleyes:

The only time I saw you out of your Osti was to cherry pick at FT.  Cherry picking is not hunting, its more like shooting fish in a barrel.:rofl

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
doughnut
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2005, 05:52:20 PM »
AKfoder....

Did you bother to read what this thread is about or did you just see "vulching" and feel that the practice needed defending? The thread is about the "supression" of the fields in the FT. While I have no problem with vulching as a general rule (if you're dumb enuff to get vulched...you deserve it), vulching in the FT defeats the intended purpose of the FT....for fighters to fight.

BTW, real fun is vulching the vulchers. Nothing sweeter than dough popping a couple and watching the rest run for home. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2005, 06:46:08 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
ROTFLOLPM - Yeah your in it for the hunt if cherry pits are what you are hunting.   :rolleyes:

The only time I saw you out of your Osti was to cherry pick at FT.  Cherry picking is not hunting, its more like shooting fish in a barrel.:rofl

Sure it is, stalk prey, kill prey... Hunting ;) You can't blame me the average person in the MA has ADD and no SA or patience.

Zazen