Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7112 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
doughnut
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2005, 02:33:21 PM »
ok.. so everyone is agreed that zazen has no idea what a furball is except a bunch of low planes that are busy so that he can take risk free kills?

I didn't really read his long diatribe about what a great guy he is or how skilled he is or how mean we all are to him either.  

I don't really care if you are the best in the game and the best shot and have the whitest teeth... if you want to cherry pick I got no use for you.

If you can't get down and dirty and mix it up on the deck with fairly even odds then no amount of telling us how good you REALLY are is gonna have much effect on us..  

I'm not much good at this.... when I am dodging 3 or 4 spits and a few HO lalas on the deck... I might be open to the "great hunter of human prey'" swooping down from his high alt foxhole with cannon blazing..  

The two lala's that just tried to HO me are more memorable and impressive to me tho.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2005, 02:44:06 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ok.. so everyone is agreed that zazen has no idea what a furball is except a bunch of low planes that are busy so that he can take risk free kills?

I didn't really read his long diatribe about what a great guy he is or how skilled he is or how mean we all are to him either.  

I don't really care if you are the best in the game and the best shot and have the whitest teeth... if you want to cherry pick I got no use for you.

If you can't get down and dirty and mix it up on the deck with fairly even odds then no amount of telling us how good you REALLY are is gonna have much effect on us..  

I'm not much good at this.... when I am dodging 3 or 4 spits and a few HO lalas on the deck... I might be open to the "great hunter of human prey'" swooping down from his high alt foxhole with cannon blazing..  

The two lala's that just tried to HO me are more memorable and impressive to me tho.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

I can understand your point of view and I feel your pain in a most empathic way. If I flew nothing but an FM2/Spit/Niki low n' slow on the deck in a seething mass of cons I'd certainly want two things badly:

1) I'd want people in fast planes with an innate manueverabilty disadvantage to get low n' slow and attempt to turn with me so I could get EZ kills in the TnB fashion.

2) I'd want people who were in faster/better armed planes who refused to turn with me but instead negated my turnrate advantage by using well-timed and accurate high speed passes to tear me apart to rot in hell and DIE!!! ;)

It's ok Lazs, it's perfectly natural for you to hold contempt for those who occupy the strata above you in a furball, you are their prey, just as they are potential prey for the strata above them.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 02:52:39 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
doughnut
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2005, 03:16:53 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Yep just befor that the bish had the two fields and were vulching the crap out of the one Rook base.  I switched side to stop the totall control of FT by the bish and as a Rook we broke the vulch, repelled the goons and turned the tide.  Unfortunately the Bish ran from FT once that happend.  And then the, unbelievable to me the Rooks went into status Quo and capped both fields.  It was rediculous watching about 30 Rooks flying around with each other with out anything to fight for about an hour.  During this time the call went out to the knights that the rooks would keep the bish down so they could get a goon into FT and take back the knight base, but there were no takers and the Rooks just flew around with each other doing nothing.

The rest of he map suced for the Rooks so I logged in frustration, once again foiled by the maroons in this game lol.

I was on all day yesterday from 7AM to about 12AM (sad I know:) ) and the reason the bish had 2 bases was because the rooks had taken the nits base and we killed about 5 goons trying to get into our base.  It was kind of a reflex like you hit us in the knee and we kick..   I think the bish were happy with 1 base for each country and then... well you know what happened  and it all went to hell.

I don't even like FT all that much but I do occationally fly there and this is just stupid. I've even kept my bombers out of it for the most part other than yeserday in reaction to the above events.

P.S.   I miss Pizza map and it's canyon fights. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »
you can thank Seagoon and company for that.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
doughnut
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2005, 05:00:15 PM »
GHI is right, the problem with the vulching and base-capture at FT is directly to blame on us, the players. There's a train of thought that some public ostracizing would help but I'm not convinced, some folks would LOVE to see their names in lights even if they were on some griefer's hall-of-shame type list. Until we can have an arena full of mature folks who are willing to let each other play their game I don't see it ending.

Not that indestructible FHs, or a lack of ord would hurt mind you, but I think indestructible AAA should do the trick :D

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2005, 05:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13

2) I'd want people who were in faster/better armed planes who refused to turn with me but instead negated my turnrate advantage by using well-timed and accurate high speed passes to tear me apart to rot in hell and DIE!!! ;)

It's ok Lazs, it's perfectly natural for you to hold contempt for those who occupy the strata above you in a furball, you are their prey, just as they are potential prey for the strata above them.

Zazen

I am just so amazed at the hypocrisy of those who sanctimoniously condemn me for being a scumbag, and then do the same thing to me, but try to put it as though they were acting in some kind of noble manner.

A Vulch is when you take a guy out who is trying to defend his base, and hasn’t had a chance to get any kind of alt or energy because he is constantly being harassed by higher, faster bogeys.  It isn’t like his poor SA got him into the situation from furballing.  He took off at a disadvantage, and remained at a gross disadvantage until someone picked him off.  Wheels on the runway, or wheels not on the runway, it is still a vulch.

A Cherry Pick is when you find someone involved in a knife fight with one or two of your team mates or in a furball mixup, and then you wait until he is in a low energy situation, and then you blind side him.

Vulching and Cherry Picking are in the same league as Gang banging and HOing. That is; Vulching and Cherry Picking are moves that only the lowest of the low would use. And I will use any of the four, because that is what the arena has become. It is a snake pit where only snakes survive, and FT has become the biggest snake pit of them all.

Long live FT!   :aok :aok
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:20:14 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2005, 05:19:47 PM »
Rooks owned 2 of the 3 FT bases at 9:30 am central time today. Bish owned the other.

FT is great. I love fighting there. BE even better if the toolsheddars couldnt even get there.

Zazen , although you may have a high KD and all that , I never seen ya in the mix of anything other than blowing thru at 500 mph so you don't even think of getting shot at by someone. So please....just leave the furballing to those that know what it is. YOur more of the Air Racer type. Don't they have an arena for that BTW?

Also , don't talk about milk running bases as if this were the only place it happens. Knights go back door on Rooks , Rooks go back door on Bish and Bish back door Rooks. Happens EVERY map. Best part of the whole thing is when they FINALLY meet and have to fight one another. OH THE WHINES ARE PRICELESS from all sides.

"Frik man...there are tons of em attacking us. What are we supposed to do with these odds. I give. I'm logging. This hording suks. I hate that. "

Bottom line of every thread on this subject is , Toolsheedars are going to bomb crap til they are blue in the face to ruin whatever fun they can. They don't always feel they are.

Furballers are going to yank and bank til they are blue in the face. We couldn't care less about the "Milk Running whoevers" or winning the war.

Then there is you who reaps the Mad Skillz of shooting those yank and bank fish in a barrel and understands what the game is all about. :lol

FT is great. Don't know why people have to muck with it at all. Whether its vulching or bombing. take off meet in the middle and die. Get a new plane and do it again until ya learn to survive longer.

I'm almost up to a minute now.:lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2005, 05:26:13 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop

Zazen , although you may have a high KD and all that , I never seen ya in the mix of anything other than blowing thru at 500 mph so you don't even think of getting shot at by someone. So please....just leave the furballing to those that know what it is. YOur more of the Air Racer type. Don't they have an arena for that BTW?

You are sooooo wrong, I rarely break 400 mph. ;)

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:18 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

Vulching and Cherry Picking are in the same league as Gang banging and HOing. That is; Vulching and Cherry Picking are moves that only the lowest of the low would use. And I will use any of the four, because that is what the arena has become. It is a snake pit where only snakes survive, and FT has become the biggest snake pit of them all.

Long live FT!   :aok :aok

They aren't really the same at all. Cherry picking is engaging a con who is already engaged. That doesn't mean he was losing, he could have been about to blow yer friend away or is diving  into a 2 vs 1 on a friend to make it a 3 vs 1 on your friend. Vulching is engaging a con who is in a totally 100% vulnerable position on the ground and no threat whatsoever in his current state to you or your friends and therefore unable to defend himself in any way. Anytime I cherry someone, provided he has decent SA, he always has the option of breaking off my friend to attempt to avoid me, turn and try to Ho me etc. If he has poor SA he is dead, if he has decent SA and chooses to not to attempt to avoid me, he's dead. The point is the cherry has options or potentially skills such as SA to change his fate. The guy getting vulched has no options except play elsewhere.

Zazen

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:18 PM »
See Rule #5
The Damned

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »
They aren't really the same at all. Cherry picking is engaging a con who is already engaged. That doesn't mean he was losing, he could have been about to blow yer friend away or is diving  into a 2 vs 1 on a friend to make it a 3 vs 1 on your friend. Vulching is engaging a con who is in a totally 100% vulnerable position on the ground and no threat whatsoever in his current state to you or your friends and therefore unable to defend himself in any way. Anytime I cherry someone, provided he has decent SA, he always has the option of breaking off my friend to attempt to avoid me, turn and try to Ho me etc. If he has poor SA he is dead, if he has decent SA and chooses to not to attempt to avoid me, he's dead. The point is the cherry has options or potentially skills such as SA to change his fate. The guy getting vulched has no options except play elsewhere.

Zazen

My friend you vulched me last night, and I have no problem with that.  I do unto others and expect them to do unto me the same way.

I took off from my base that was being vulched in a Spit16. I was just past wheels up  I spotted this LA7 who looked like his engine was shot out, the LA was coming back on my base to make another vulch before he died. As I tried to finish that vulcher off, you boomed through with your Typhie and vulched me.  I did not have, nor never did have enough E to avoid you.  Now I would have done the same thing to you.

I am just honest enought to admit that I am a vulching scumbag.

You have lost any credibility with me about how fair a fighter you are.  And others see through it also.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2005, 05:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
My friend you vulched me last night
I took off from my base that was being vulched in a Spit16. I was just past wheels up  I spotted this LA7 who looked like his engine was shot out, the LA was coming back on my base to make another vulch before he died. As I tried to finish that vulcher off, you boomed through with your Typhie and vulched me.  I did not have, nor never did have enough E to avoid you.  Now I would have done the same thing to you.

I am just honest enought to admit that I am a vulching scumbag.

You have lost any credibility with me about how fair a fighter you are.  And others see through it also.

I did not vulch you, you were airborne and attempting to kill Crambo as he was ditching. I do not kill planes on the ground, it's a religious obsession with me. If you have enough E to bring your guns to bear on someone you have enough E to jink out of the way of my fast tiffie booming through. I was trying to save Crambo the ditch because I'm a nice guy. ;)

Vulching is killing planes on the ground. You were not on the ground.

I never once said I was a fair fighter. I go out of my way to fight unfairly. But, vulching is NOT fighting. That is why I do not kill planes on the ground. If by any of my posts you got the impression I fight fairly you need to read them again. I secure every advantage possible and exploit it. But, my tactical dweebiness only goes so far, I will not fire upon a plane that is still on the ground. Once you're not on the ground however, you're fair game.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:46:19 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »
I did not vulch you, you were airborne and attempting to kill Crambo as he was ditching. I do not kill planes on the ground, it's a religious obsession with me. If you have enough E to bring your guns to bear on someone you have enough E to jink out of the way of my fast tiffie booming through. I was trying to save Crambo the ditch because I'm a nice guy. ;)

Zazen

:rolleyes: his perspective is just as credible as yours. IMO
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
doughnut
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2005, 05:50:51 PM »
Another Thread in the circular file?

Oh well, I'll toss my opinion into it as well.

I'm going on three years now in AH. Here is my opinions of the arenas in AH. (not that I think anyone really cares):)

Training Arena: A good place to go to for shooting practice, or practice in general. Because you can light up your buddy's plane, and he doesn't have to keep upping a new plane.

Dueling Arena: Or what I call "the fair fight arena" If you want to have a "fair fight" with someone and not be bothered, this is were you need to go. It is also a good place to see who can "whip around" for the second HO the fastest.:lol

Head 2 Head arenas: The place where YOU make the rules.

Main Arena: The true "anything goes" arena. If you think someone is not flying the way YOU think they should in the MA. Then go to the H2H arena or the DA, and dictate your own rules.

Fighter Town: A place for Fighters to Fur-ball out over the water. Vulching in FT is kinda goofy, but it is going to happen. And if I don't like it........ I guess I can open my own H2H arena, and make my own rules.:aok
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2005, 05:50:51 PM »

Zazen

I was killing a vulcher at my field, you then killed a defender who had just upped, and that is not vulching?

Then most of the kills I made at your fields were not vulches either, because their wheels were off the ground.

You are at an large enemy field close enough to shoot a fighter who never left the field, who has been airborne less than a minute, and you shoot him and it is not a vulch?

As I said, I would have done the same thing if I were you, I'd just call it what is was, a vulch.  And that LA7 was trying to line up for another vulch.  He had enough e to have dived down over the water, and got enought distance to get a ditch.  Instead he turned back into our field, only to vulch. If he wanted to ditch he would have headed over the water.  

Pun intended, you story doesn't wash.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:54:04 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »