Author Topic: Post Malta discussion of ways to improve scenarios  (Read 4383 times)

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Post Malta discussion of ways to improve scenarios
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »
Thanks for registering for Stalin's Foruth !
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Big Week
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »
I am waiting for another Big Week.  If I can get a strike force, Wing, or Squadron to target then I am certain of a good raid.

I can, now, make a raid against a town with 3 or 4 B-17 3 ship formations and level the town.  At least 90% down if all buff's have a good calibration and aim point.  I have seen 100% and 99% raids.

This strike is a true raid.  No hanging around and trying to effect pin-point  bombing with gravity bombs.  One pass, all bombs salvo'd with a single pickle.  RTB.  Leave the clean up to JABO and tactical forces.

With numbers, which was what was needed and used in WWII, I could raid a town and base and render both closed or catastrophically damaged.

If target hardness was set to realistic settings it would be marvelous!  Realisticaly a 100 lb bomb hit on a WWII hanger would render it unusable for a day.  300 lb's would destroy it for a week or longer.  I have been to UK, I was stationed there, and I have seen the actual hangers used.  Wood, sheet metal, and shingles.  No hardened concrete hangers were in use.

Talk to me Jordi.

Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio (After me, urban renewal) - 2Slow's Raiders
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:07:13 PM by 2Slow »
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL