Author Topic: Hey Christmas...Where's The Enemy?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hey Christmas...Where's The Enemy?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 09:13:24 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
So it would seem that the enemy is .......

Parents?

By-products of the liberal lefty 60's is more like it.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »
How many threads are you going to start about Christmas being threatened or celebrations of Christmas being hindered?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:57 PM »
Oh, *checks watch* til about February...
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 11:12:21 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
There is no war on your faith people.. Get over it...It belongs in your heart , place of worship and your home..

:aok
sand

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »
I couldn't give 2 chits about Christmas myself.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »
Originally posted by Silat

There is no war on your faith people.. Get over it.

Ummmmm

No
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005, 12:24:44 AM »
This thread dissing JC??

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 12:54:15 AM »
If it is, I'm sure it pales in comparison to being nailed to a post.
sand

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 08:29:01 AM »
Not a religious person myself but all this BS about trying to remove religion (Christmas to some) from everything ( Which I believe is happening) makes me think about something I heard when I was younger.

"The devils greatest accomplishment was making man think he didn't exist."

Not saying that all those that try to remove religion from our culture are the devil but I think if he /she truly exist then liberals are his tools on earth.

Why attack something that really doesn't affect you? Why remove traditions just because you don't believe? What does Chistmas hurt?

If I was religous I would be very very worried that this is just another attempt by the devil to remove faith.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 08:42:36 AM »
sandie... you don't hate solicitors at all.... just ones with a religious undertone... you love the red cross and non denominatioal beggars who steal and missuse disaster money..

It is just the Salvation Army who are 98% efficient that you don't like.

I did not see you all upset durring katrina when everyone was asking to send money to the potatos at the red cross and other "charitable" organizations.   You wouldn't mind them outside stores or calling you on the phone or sending you junk mail.

lazs

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 09:30:52 AM »
Of course Silat, there is no war on the Christian faith going on, and "these aren't the droids we're looking for"... Oh, and as you read the following article keep in mind that even instrumental versions of Christmas carols are banned at certain schools.

Ramadan in the Public Schools
New teacher training initiatives and an increased fascination with Islam brings the faith to the public.

By Holly Lebowitz Rossi

(RNS) During the next few weeks, multicultural trainer Afeefa Syeed will bring third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students from a Muslim academy in Herndon, Va., to nearby public schools to share the practices and beliefs of their holiest month, Ramadan.

Syeed and the children will present the call to prayer in Arabic, display prayer rugs and offer tastes of dates. In countless other classrooms across the country, similar efforts will be made to educate students about the time of fasting and spiritual reflection for adherents of the world's second-largest religion.

Ramadan, which likely will begin Oct. 15, depending on the sighting of the new moon, is making more appearances in public school classrooms, thanks to a series of new teacher training initiatives, an increased fascination with Islam and the assurance that schools, if careful, can educate impressionable children about religion without crossing a constitutional line.

The Council on Islamic Education, a nonprofit organization based in California, plans to release an updated version of its booklet “Muslim Holidays,” which was first published in 1997, for the more than 4,000 teachers nationwide who have used it.

The booklet, which contains lesson plan ideas and historical and cultural background on Ramadan and other Muslim holidays, also outlines the various state regulations governing instruction about religion in public schools and discusses accommodations that schools can make to enable Muslim students to observe the holiday.

Muslim educators note tremendous progress in education about Ramadan and Islam in general in public schools, particularly since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 — perpetrated by extremist Muslims — brought Islam into the national spotlight.

Another reason for this success, some say, is an increased general awareness in public education circles of what is constitutionally appropriate to teach about religion.

In 1995, President Clinton released “Religious Expression in Public Schools: A Statement of Principles,” guidelines on promoting the free exercise of religion in schools without endorsing a particular faith. The Freedom Forum First Amendment Center in Arlington, Va., subsequently launched a series of training initiatives to remind public school officials nationwide of the regulations concerning religion in schools.

Unlike the political situation, which has become divisive in some ways, “the educational arena came out unscathed” by increased attention on Islam since Sept. 11, said Shabbir Mansuri, founding director of the Council on Islamic Education.

Whereas Ramadan used to garner only cursory attention from public school teachers, Muslim education consultants say, interest in deeper understanding of the holiday has spiked.

“They want to know accurate information,” said Sharifa Alkhateeb, president of the Washington-based Muslim Education Council.

For teachers and administrators, as well as fellow students, explaining Ramadan helps the school accommodate the religious requirements of the holiday.

For example, at puberty, children begin to participate in the daily fast, which lasts from sunrise to sundown each day of the month. Many schools arrange for Muslim students to sit in the library during lunchtime so that they are not surrounded by food as they fast.

Educators cite Ramadan as a good opportunity to teach students about Islam and its practice. But teaching Ramadan in public schools has not been without controversy. Last year a federal judge said that the Byron Union School District in California could continue a three-week curriculum that emphasized role-playing exercises requiring, among other things, seventh-grade students to recite Muslim prayers.

Despite the ruling in the district's favor, the school suspended the program because of the outcry the lawsuit spawned.

Crucial to avoiding these kinds of problems, say educators, is understanding the difference between “teaching” and “teaching about” religion.

Role-playing exercises that require students to recite sacred words or imitate Muslim prayer practices simply are not appropriate.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 09:41:54 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sandie... you don't hate solicitors at all.... just ones with a religious undertone... you love the red cross and non denominatioal beggars who steal and missuse disaster money..

It is just the Salvation Army who are 98% efficient that you don't like.

I did not see you all upset durring katrina when everyone was asking to send money to the potatos at the red cross and other "charitable" organizations.   You wouldn't mind them outside stores or calling you on the phone or sending you junk mail.

lazs

I can't fathom the point of this post. You don't know me.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 09:45:24 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I can't fathom the point of this post. You don't know me.
I think he reads your posts, they tell alot about us, our politics, our motives.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 10:05:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
they tell alot about us, our politics, our motives.

I don't believe that for a second.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 10:06:51 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I don't believe that for a second.

Don't force me to start quoting 13,420 posts! ;)