Author Topic: Setup for 23 Dec  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2005, 11:18:25 AM »
Originally posted by storch
you deserve all the complaints leveled against you because your thought processes are flawed and your arrogance knows no bounds.

I doubt there are many people we know who make the right choice every time.  One of the nice things about the CT is that it's a comparatively small crowd, so the staff can get good feedback and make changes based upon that feedback.  "Arrogance," in my book, is when someone makes an error that he isn't willing to change, a Custer Decision that will not be modified no matter what (Q:  what movie is referenced here?).

Not to say that all setups should be changed to mollify vocal objectors.  There have been very few setups that pleased everyone.  Some we know are going to have well-reasoned opposition, but we run them anyway if we think they'll be fun and educational for most of the participants.

- Oldman (thinking of adopting your quoted sentence as a signature line)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2005, 11:21:27 AM »
I haven't played the arena much in over a month and will probably stay away so I should just keep my opinion to myself.  however if you guys deem it correct to add a plane not in the planeset to pacify the players who can't deal with the set up as it is after the decision has been made you will be forced to do the same every week. think baseball think umpire think bad call.  I agree that the FM-2 should be there.  it makes sense for it to be there.  my question is why implement it after the whining instead of having thought the set through prior to it's posting?  the Ki61 should be there as well, why was that not added?  the next time you have those rediculous spitfires in a set will you add the A6M5 on lend-lease to balance the set up? no!! ok how about adding the 109K4 if its a 1944 set up? no!!! ok how about the 110 C-4 and the 110G-2 no!! congratulations you have just manufactured the formula for being called to carpet for every set up from here on out.  you deserve all the complaints leveled against you because your thought processes are flawed and your arrogance knows no bounds.

Maybe you should have stepped up and put your money where your mouth is when you had the chance. But its much easier being a constant griefer.:aok

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2005, 11:56:35 AM »
Honestly storch, I really don't care what you think anymore, or if you ever come back to the arena.  

You do nothing but snipe and ***** when *you* perceive some kind of conspiracy against you and the axis side.  You were given the chance but I think you got scared...lol....easier to fan the flames than take the heat.

Since you have not been in there the past couple weeks, it has been an enjoyable arena to fly in.   So go ahead....stay away....your not breaking any hearts over that as far as I can see :aok
Duke

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2005, 12:02:31 PM »
Oohh...Burn!

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2005, 03:16:17 PM »
clearly you fail to understand that it's not about *me* as I don't participate in the arena much. it's about why not take a little time amongst yourselves to discuss (prior to posting) what the set up will be and how it's likely to play out.  what you have done is set an example validating what the axis players have said all along, namely that there is a definite bias in favor of the allied players.  this is not the first time that something of this nature has occurred in the arena either. how do you refute this accusation now?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2005, 03:36:36 PM »
What if they just admit it.  Then what?  ......sheesh

Three more days till Crown Bug '06 :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2005, 03:46:33 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I doubt there are many people we know who make the right choice every time.  One of the nice things about the CT is that it's a comparatively small crowd, so the staff can get good feedback and make changes based upon that feedback.  "Arrogance," in my book, is when someone makes an error that he isn't willing to change, a Custer Decision that will not be modified no matter what (Q:  what movie is referenced here?).

Not to say that all setups should be changed to mollify vocal objectors.  There have been very few setups that pleased everyone.  Some we know are going to have well-reasoned opposition, but we run them anyway if we think they'll be fun and educational for most of the participants.

- Oldman (thinking of adopting your quoted sentence as a signature line)
 no one is infallible except maybe my mother in law she's never wrong.  however there is often wisdom in council, certainly much moreso than any one individual doing the whole set up alone.   my point is you (by you I mean the collective) could attempt to reach a concensus prior to posting what the next event will be.  once it's decided it should be posted in this venue with enough time consider the feed back if any is offered and adjust accordingly if the suggestions are deemed to be meritorious.  why would you rountinely discount the imput from the people who demonstrate interest in the arena and create animosity with your flippant responses to actual player concerns?  do you guys have a venue for conferring prior to setting up events?  perhaps some of you guys don't have the time to check your e-mails and confer via a CT staffer BBS.  in that case that individual(s) should step down and offer the position to someone who may have the time and interest to take up the responsibility.  the argument that you guys do this for free doesn't wash.  if you accept the responsibility to do a job you should do it.  not "I'll do the best I can" you either do it or you don't. if you don't then you are no good at that job. it seems to me that best some folks can do isn't good enough.  I often have to dismiss people who are clearly doing the best they can because their best just isn't up to our standards.  the same should apply anywhere.  even to voluntary positions.

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2005, 03:47:04 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
What if they just admit it.  Then what?  ......sheesh

Three more days till Crown Bug '06 :aok
we're getting to that.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2005, 03:51:41 PM »
Being accustomed to fighting the Hurrifire MkDs in BFW-1090s, I found the KiM5-N184s to be woobie and decided to research the uberlasenflappin FU-46Fs.  I’ve come to the conclusion that Kongkyuk eats worms.

What’s on for next week?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »
no one is infallible except maybe my mother in law she's never wrong.  however there is often wisdom in council, certainly much moreso than any one individual doing the whole set up alone.   my point is you (by you I mean the collective) could attempt to reach a concensus prior to posting what the next event will be.  once it's decided it should be posted in this venue with enough time consider the feed back if any is offered and adjust accordingly if the suggestions are deemed to be meritorious.  why would you rountinely discount the imput from the people who demonstrate interest in the arena and create animosity with your flippant responses to actual player concerns?  do you guys have a venue for conferring prior to setting up events?  perhaps some of you guys don't have the time to check your e-mails and confer via a CT staffer BBS.  in that case that individual(s) should step down and offer the position to someone who may have the time and interest to take up the responsibility.  the argument that you guys do this for free doesn't wash.  if you accept the responsibility to do a job you should do it.  not "I'll do the best I can" you either do it or you don't. if you don't then you are no good at that job. it seems to me that best some folks can do isn't good enough.  I often have to dismiss people who are clearly doing the best they can because their best just isn't up to our standards.  the same should apply anywhere.  even to voluntary positions.

amen
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2005, 03:58:07 PM »
You are so full of crap. Some one doesnt follow your suggestions so now the Staff is some unapproachable entity who scoffs at any input? You have nothing to back that up.

why would you rountinely discount the imput from the people who demonstrate interest in the arena and create animosity with your flippant responses to actual player concerns?

This is nothing but a lie from one of the most verbally abusive players in the game. You have room to talk about creating animostity?

perhaps some of you guys don't have the time to check your e-mails and confer via a CT staffer BBS. in that case that individual(s) should step down and offer the position to someone who may have the time and interest to take up the responsibility.

And you get your information from where? You have what evidence to back this up? As far as stepping down, how about stepping up? Do you really think we all just forgot about your empty offers to help? You were elected to the Staff, you would have had say in the set ups, you would have had it your way. But no, you wouldnt do it. Because you couldnt do it. Get real.

I cant believe you posted something like this. Everyone knows who you are and what you are about. Who are you trying to fool?

Anyone who thinks the CT Staff is some exclusive club who wants to keep things all to ourselves is misled. If you want to be on the staff let some one know. That offer has been out there for quite some time.

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2005, 04:03:35 PM »
well thanks for the comments, how about addressing the issues I've brought up and leaving personal feelings out of the equation for once.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2005, 04:04:41 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
If you want to be on the staff let some one know. That offer has been out there for quite some time.

OK I wanna be a CT staff member. I love the CT and all it stands for. I have more of my time to put into working as a staff member then anyone else. And I can be nice when I want to be.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2005, 04:06:46 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Anyone who thinks the CT Staff is some exclusive club who wants to keep things all to ourselves is misled. If you want to be on the staff let some one know. That offer has been out there for quite some time.

So you guys really don't sit around in blazers, with CT Staff crests on the pockets, sipping martinis, and planning the end of the world as we know it???:confused:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2005, 04:12:08 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
So you guys really don't sit around in blazers, with CT Staff crests on the pockets, sipping martinis, and planning the end of the world as we know it???:confused:

If they say no to that thier all lieing!
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner