Author Topic: Couldn't resist :D large screenshots  (Read 1198 times)

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
Couldn't resist :D large screenshots
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:28:10 PM »
I was testing the new beta DLL's for Paciffic Fighters (water graphics for ATI users), and I had to post few screenies.:D

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:35:01 PM »
wow look.. water that looks like water.. :aok

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:15:17 AM »
Originally posted by Nuke33
wow look.. water that looks like water.. :aok

Those are great shots!  JAWS2003  My old GeForce TI5200 chokes and wheezes with the water in PF. Cuts me to about 8 or 10FPS.  I can't imagine it in AH, in a furball!  

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 06:37:32 AM »
WOW!!!!!

only one thing wrong with them, and that is that there are no white horses on any of the larger waves. still, they're just incredible!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »
Top-down show for IJN carrier has the best water. The closer shots look like bad 3d you might find in an amateur student project.

Yes water is hard, but that looks like a fogged plate glass that was tinted blue, and is WAY too reflective. You notice it's almost flawless? It's perfectly reflective, too? They need to go back to the drawing boardon that. From alt it looks good, from lower it looks crap.

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:04:35 PM »
Originally posted by K-KEN
Those are great shots!  JAWS2003  My old GeForce TI5200 chokes and wheezes with the water in PF. Cuts me to about 8 or 10FPS.  I can't imagine it in AH, in a furball!  

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

This is what the Dll's were about. They optimized it. You hardlly lose FPS now if you switch to perfect.
 The water looks much better with nvidia cards because of pixel shaders 3.0.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 04:14:51 PM »
water like that is fine for the IL2 series, you don't have to drive LCTs and PT Boats on it, so you should rarely get close enough, long enough for it to look like it does in most of those shots. Most of the time it will look like it does in the carrier or the explosion shot up there.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »
Very impressive, but Tiny Tim rockets on a RNZAF Corsair?

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 12:39:56 AM »
BYE BYE ACES HIGH
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »
i sure hate all the hud info in il2, one thing that cept me from playing it, besides the 2d cockpits. Can you turn it off?

Il2 looks great, and for a boxed sim its been around and got alot of updates which is rare, its bound to get replaced by the "next big thing" as all boxed games/sims do tho.  Mogs like AH/TW/WB will be around muuuch longer.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 07:17:30 PM by eilif »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »
TOO many updates, if you ask me. Every time I install it I have to whip out a CD I have with like 20 patches and have to install them in order. They never make a "super patch" like most folks do, for fresh installs. And that's for standard IL2, not even FB or PF!! I bet they have tons too!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 11:34:24 PM »
water looks too real compared to the cartoon type drawing of the F4U in comparison, if they make the world look that great ( as in life like photo quality ) the plane skins should match, and the Cv's and stuff,  looks too mixed matched from the photos....... YMMV

and  is it limited to 16 or is it 32 players a server now?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 12:30:04 AM »
TOO many updates, if you ask me. Every time I install it I have to whip out a CD I have with like 20 patches and have to install them in order. They never make a "super patch" like most folks do, for fresh installs. And that's for standard IL2, not even FB or PF!! I bet they have tons too!

ya i keep getting the itch to get it going but it would take me a week just to find all the patches not to mention instal em, if they ever get a 3d cockpit patch ill take the time.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 10:49:37 AM »
You can disable the HUD info. The cockpits are 3D, but you are limited to a fixed point - head on a stick. You can get better skins for the aircraft, such as : http://members.cox.net/hammerd/Main.html

The servers are up to 64 players for dogfight, 32 for coop.
-SW

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 07:26:13 AM »
good funking grief thats awsome.  Ubi softt has got it goin on in the graphics dept, and it is very playable on medium systems.:eek: