Author Topic: Stupid Noob Question: Sheep  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Stupid Noob Question: Sheep
« on: January 08, 2006, 04:47:44 PM »
OK, i know this is a noob question and im gonna get laughed at.... BUT:

Could someone explain to me where the 'sheep stories' come from? Any reference to history at all? Or just something that developed in online culture? Is it limited to AH, or a common flight SIM 'joke'? Have the sheep been added to AH1 due to the stories revolving around them, or was it the other way round, did the stories develop because of the presence of the sheep?

And most important..... ARE THERE ANY MALE SHEEP OUT THERE?????????

Seriously, im very curious about where the 'sheep legends' come from.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »
Was sheep in Air Warrior. Went Baa went clicked on.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 05:29:35 PM »
Scientific evidence suggests that sheep did exist during the years of WWII.  And,  there apparently were sheep creatures in the lands that we call Europe today.  

Now, why do you need a male sheep?  :confused:
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
The Clanders in AW were called sheep lovers by their enemies. The Cz chose to "go with the flow" and warmed to the title. By the time AW2 came out, sheep were generally associated with the game and were placed on the terrain (was fun, run over one and hear a "baaaaaaaa"). Not sure what person actually originated it (I can think of a few that would qualify :)). But, it was in place when I began in the summer of '90.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 06:13:34 PM »
Actually, it's my fault.

Seriously.

In the early days of Air Warrior (1987-1988) the game flew in half-time. This was because we played over 300 baud modems (you remember modems, right?) and you just couldn't send enough update information over that pipe to do the simulation in real time.

Well, that means that the normal climb to 20K could take 15 minutes or more, depending on your plane. So we had time to kill. One night I just started telling jokes and there were some sheep jokes in the mix. I can still remember one of them. In those days we ran on GEnie, so something as off-color as sheep-shagging was noteworthy. For whatever reasons that incident somehow because lore for AW, then WB, and now AH.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 06:17:43 PM »
Also AH1 had sheep in it.

They disappeared with the advent of AH2, along with the UFO and squid.

B'aaaad AH2.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 06:30:04 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Actually, it's my fault.

:rofl  Dok...you were my first guess. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
Actually, it's my fault.

Seriously.

In the early days of Air Warrior (1987-1988) the game flew in half-time. This was because we played over 300 baud modems (you remember modems, right?) and you just couldn't send enough update information over that pipe to do the simulation in real time.

Well, that means that the normal climb to 20K could take 15 minutes or more, depending on your plane. So we had time to kill. One night I just started telling jokes and there were some sheep jokes in the mix. I can still remember one of them. In those days we ran on GEnie, so something as off-color as sheep-shagging was noteworthy. For whatever reasons that incident somehow because lore for AW, then WB, and now AH.

Didn't that lead up to the reason why the "war" was fought in AW?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »
now the question is, why doesn't HTC put them in the maps?
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 07:52:10 PM »
So basically men were bored, sheep where handy, a good programmer - et voila!!?? :D

Thanks for the heads up guys ;).

PS: Tbolt, MALE sheep 'cause im not really into same sex 'relationships'.
PPS: DokGonZo: yes, i do remember modems... had a 14 kb myself for quite a while - bit by bit ;).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:03:23 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 09:35:11 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
:rofl  Dok...you were my first guess. :D

Hehe ... here's the joke that started it all:

A new shepherd arrives at the farm and is instructed by the owner about his duties. The farm is pretty isolated and there are no women around. So after a couple of weeks the lad asks the owner : "So ... uh ... what do you do when you ... you know ... need a woman?"

The owner replied: "Well, just take one of the sheep behind the trees over there and get your pleasure that way, Sonny."

"Sex with a sheep!?!?! That's disgusting!! Never would I do that!", exclaimed the lad.

"Well. OK. But everyone here eventually breaks down and does it." Replied the owner.

The lad walks away in disbelief. How could grown men do such a thing? But several more weeks go by and the sheep start looking good to him now. He sees the other shepherds walking back behind the trees with sheep, and hears the weird sounds of ovine love going on back there.

"Well, maybe just once. Just to relieve the tension", he tells himself.

With that he selects a sheep from the flock, takes it behind the trees, and has his way with it.

Now a very relaxed lad walks back toward the farm and the owner and the other shepherds are all pointing at him and shouting.

"You sick little bastard!", one shouts.

"What are you guys all yelling about? I've seen you all do the same thing!" the lad shouts.

The old-timer replies: "Sure, but not with the ugliest one in the flock!"

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 09:44:29 PM »
Hehe ... here's the joke that started it all:

A new shepherd arrives at the farm and is instructed by the owner about his duties. The farm is pretty isolated and there are no women around. So after a couple of weeks the lad asks the owner : "So ... uh ... what do you do when you ... you know ... need a woman?"

The owner replied: "Well, just take one of the sheep behind the trees over there and get your pleasure that way, Sonny."

"Sex with a sheep!?!?! That's disgusting!! Never would I do that!", exclaimed the lad.

"Well. OK. But everyone here eventually breaks down and does it." Replied the owner.

The lad walks away in disbelief. How could grown men do such a thing? But several more weeks go by and the sheep start looking good to him now. He sees the other shepherds walking back behind the trees with sheep, and hears the weird sounds of ovine love going on back there.

"Well, maybe just once. Just to relieve the tension", he tells himself.

With that he selects a sheep from the flock, takes it behind the trees, and has his way with it.

Now a very relaxed lad walks back toward the farm and the owner and the other shepherds are all pointing at him and shouting.

"You sick little bastard!", one shouts.

"What are you guys all yelling about? I've seen you all do the same thing!" the lad shouts.

The old-timer replies: "Sure, but not with the ugliest one in the flock!"

And you thought i had problems:D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 10:20:41 PM »
Dok...

Ever hear the one about the Foreign Legion and the camel? Similar setup....different punchline.

COD, really do miss those times. Laughed for hours everytime I played. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »
Actually, either directly or indirectly we can blame DoK for lots of stuff, Bloodpigs, Deathstars, spawncamping before that phrase was even coined, sheep jokes, and probably some other things I have forgotten.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 12:46:20 AM »
Ahhh ... the Boeing AB-17G "Blood Dragon" ... the supreme terror weapon.

I miss Otto ... I used to love chasing down Zekes in the Dragon.

Actually, you can blame the practice of organized vultching on me and my squad too ... we'd skirt the main AW "Valley of Death" furball and hit the rearward fields. Then when the dweebs stopped trying to take off from there, we'd climb and head to the next field. Usually killing the same people all over again.