Author Topic: the new CT is fantastic.  (Read 1972 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« on: January 15, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »
yup, i know its another 'AvA is great' thread, but it really is worth posting again.

I flew both Axis and Allies for a few sorties each and found nothing but good fights and true blue furballs. there was only one person in the whole arena that night who was HO'ing and vulching but i expect he was rather younger than the average player, and no one cared enough to complain much. I very much enjoyed winging with Stringer, propnut, yeager, juno, and many more.   the whole atmosphere is very special at the moment, i hope it continues.

also, a Huge to Oldman for our hurricane fights, really enjoyed the encounters between us, all the time dodging opposing furballers.

fantastic idea, long live AvA!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 10:37:29 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
also, a Huge to Oldman for our hurricane fights, really enjoyed the encounters between us, all the time dodging opposing furballers.

It was a great time, Batfink.  One of these days I'm even going to shoot you down!

- oldman

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:37 AM »
I agree with Batfink a fun time was had by all....its was great winging with you guys.   I used t fly CT almost all the time and was there just as it launched but went MA to do some bombing and missions.   After being back for a few days I am beginning to remember why I liked it so much before, Its the great group of guys flying, the skill level of the pilots  and the lack of CH 200 BS and the fact that you can still get in a 1 on 1 fight. All in all it reminds me of the early beta testing days in AH (1999) when the numbers were low and everyone knew each other and enjoyed being there.  My hat is off to all that keep the AvA  running and the guys flying that have kept it alive.

PropNut

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 02:04:13 AM »
Oldman you are too modest, you plastered my P40 withing 3 seconds with a hail of 303s, and in all our fights you ripped my plane to pieces, seemed luck was on my side , or possibly your convergence needs to come in 50 yrds or so.

long live the AvA arena, and long stay away the majority of the MA crowds.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:29:12 AM »
Wow it takes a name change of an arena too get people too come in?

Same arena,same level of fun,different name.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Wow it takes a name change of an arena too get people too come in?

Same arena,same level of fun,different name.

sssshhhhhh,  What ever works:aok

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »
Wow, something I have always wanted in AH2 and I'm sitting out the game until I get paid...

I want t come back now!

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »
Maybe i will re-pay my subscription just for the new CT.Cannot leave out the AWSOME Weds. night snapshots though,i love watching the film on the last snapshot i attended.The Ju-88,110-C Vs. P-40,Hurri-IIc sink the CV on Fin-Rus.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »
I'm really glad too see the new faces, and new enthusiasm in this arena. It's really been great fun flying with, and against you guys.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »
the intensity is there, evidenced by the numbers of people furballing below 3k and the few kills landed.  the dweebery is down to a minimum with only the occassional alt tard dropping in to cherry pick but seldomly making it back up for a second attempt.  the flaming on 200 is down considerably. when someone begins to talk smack it is quickly stopped by other players asking both parties to stfu.  it is currently an arena quite different from the MA.  it is really a furball arena and to a furballer it's exciting/maddening but most of all fun.  every time I've been shot down I have had no one to blame but myself.  it's a full blown melee and I choose to enter into it.  I hope the AvA staff carefully considers the next set ups.  there is good momentum.  we wouldn't want a wet blanket tossed on it.  I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that the next set up be a small map with lots of low weather little ack close fields and early war planes, eto preferably.

Offline Jaekart

• Copper Member
Another Indicator of the Crowds
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 07:33:27 AM »
Something that I found very interesting and exciting, is the fact that after 3 days under the New Name, I noted a score of 498 while checking the roster for Squaddies and to do some side leveling if needed.

In 3 days, enough people have come in, flown, fought, and stuck around long enough to earn a score/rank of 498 !!  It's hard to recall a score/rank of over 130, when I've been on, since I started playing again in Oct. 05.

Fights have been fun, energetic, and pulse raising.  My Situational Awareness has definately gotten a large jolt of wake up juice, lol.

AvA, Long may you prosper and grow.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 09:09:27 AM »
CT or AvA has always been great when more than 2 people show up (which is rare for the times I log on). Still, this week it hit the 30 people line and I had great time even though Fin-Rus is not my cup of tea.

Name it "Tom vs. Jerry" if that what brings people over.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

storch

the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 09:21:44 AM »
Originally posted by bozon
CT or AvA has always been great when more than 2 people show up (which is rare for the times I log on). Still, this week it hit the 30 people line and I had great time even though Fin-Rus is not my cup of tea.

Name it "Tom vs. Jerry" if that what brings people over.

Bozon
pfft jerry is wayyyyy overmodelled

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I hope the AvA staff carefully considers the next set ups.  there is good momentum.  we wouldn't want a wet blanket tossed on it.  I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that the next set up be a small map with lots of low weather little ack close fields and early war planes, eto preferably.
We've been discussing the two-week ETO rolling plane set, which Sable suggested in this thread (in the last half of that thread).

Sable's RPS list:
Ok, here's the same ETO stuff but in a two week format.

Day 1: June/July/Aug/Sep 1940

Allies

Hurricane Mk I
Spitfire Mk I
*Blenheim (TBM3 - it can be used as a level bomber, and has a similar speed and only a slightly increased bomb load and defensive armament)

Axis

Bf109E
Bf110C
Ju87
Ju88

Day 3: Feb/Mar/April/May 1941

Allies - add Spit Vb
add Hurricane IIC
add Boston III
remove Blenheim/TBM

Axis - add Bf109F
Remove Bf110C (all zerstorer units had departed for other fronts)
Remove Ju87

Day 4: June/July/Aug/Sep 1941

Allies - remove Hurricane I

Axis - remove Bf109E

Day 5: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan 1942

Allies - remove Spit I

Axis - add Fw190A5

Day 6: Feb/Mar/April/May 1942

Allies - unchanged

Axis - Bf109F available at rear fields only (being phased out in favor of the 190)

Day 7: June/July/Aug/Sept 1942

Allies - add Spit IX (rear bases only)
add B-17 (rear bases only)
remove Hurri IIC

Axis - add Bf109G2 (rear fields only - only used to re-equip a few units at first)
remove Bf109F

Day 8: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan 1943

Allies - Spit IX now available at all bases
B-17 now available at all bases
add B-24

Axis - unchanged

Day 9: Feb/Mar/Aprl/May 1943

Allies - add Spit VIII (rear fields only)
add P-47D11 (rear fields only)
add B-26 (rear fields only)

Axis - add Bf109G6
Bf109G2 now available at all bases

Day 10: June/July/Aug/Sept 1943

Allies - add Typhoon (I kinda have a problem with this one, as our Typhoon vastly outperforms every other fighter at lower alts during this time period - maybe limit it to rear fields only)
P-47D now available at all fields

Axis - add Bf110G (rear fields only - was used in limited numbers as a bomber destroyer over germany - not as a jabo attacking england)

Day 11: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan 1944

Allies - add P-38G (rear fields only)
add P-38J (rear fields only)
add P-51B (rear fields only)
Spit VIII now available at all fields
B26 now available at all fields
remove Spit V

Axis - remove Bf109G2

Day 12: Feb/Mar/Apr/May 1944

Allies - remove P-38G
add P-47D25 (rear fields only)
add P-51D (rear fields only)
add Spit XIV (rear fields only)
P-38J now available at all fields
P-51B now available at all fields

Axis - add Fw190A8

Day 13: June/July/Aug/Sep 1944

Allies - add P-38L
add Spit XVI
P-47D25 now available at all fields
P-51D now available at all fields
Typhoon now available at all fields, if it was limited previously
add Tempest V (rear fields only)

Axis - add Bf109G14
add Me163 (HQ field only)

Day 14: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan 1945

Allies - Spit XIV now available at all fields
Tempest V now available at all fields
add P-47D40
add P-47N (rear fields only - sub for 47M)

Axis - add Bf109K
add Fw190D
add Me262 (HQ field only)
remove Fw190A5
add Ta152H (HQ field only - extremely rare, subject to same level of restriction as the jets)
add Ar234 (HQ field only)

So, what are everyone's opinions on that one? It would have different planes almost daily for the next 2 weeks...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

storch

the new CT is fantastic.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »
look carefully at the options presented.  if you are asking for suggestions this is mine

replace the HurriIIc with the IId. they were both ground attack platforms the HurriIIc is much more than that in AH.

day 3 leaves axis with only the 109F leave the 110C in until the hurriI is out. add the A5 the 190A3 should be there
day 7 you are removing the 109F but only adding the 109G2 in back fields????  the A5 vs the spits????
day 8 add the G6

the 109E, 109F and 109G2 served on most fronts until the end of the war with german allies, something you may want to consider. the soviets recieved a few war weary spitVs which also served late into the war.

I suggest not removing choices but adding to them and let the players decided what they will fly.  perhaps have the representation of varied fronts by allowing certain planesets at different bases?
 a lot of thought went into that list sable I by no means intend to impugn your information or time line my concern is more with the playability of the set up.