Author Topic: Ray nagin makes headlines (again)  (Read 1000 times)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Ray nagin makes headlines (again)
« on: January 16, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »
"The black mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, one of the louder critics of the White House, on Monday lanced another racial theme, vowing to a crowd gathered at City Hall for a Martin Luther King Day march that New Orleans will be 'chocolate' again."

Source

Quote from the bottom of the page. A readers thought.

"Is that the most racist comments i have heard unanswered by a public figure.
WOW! how does this sound?
We ask (white) people ... Itīs time for us to come together. Itīs time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a (white) New Orleans," Nagin said Monday. "This city will be a majority Anglo American city. Itīs the way God wants it to be. You canīt have New Orleans no other way. It wouldnīt be New Orleans."

Things like this just make me wonder how it is that its not racist when someone in a such a high political office can make a statement like that and see no repercussions. Compared to  Amherst Town Councilmen was made to make a public apology for making a racist comment toward Supervisor (at that time elsect) Satish B. Mohan.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »
I dont think that fella is right in his head.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:18 PM »
Racist comments......

All depends on who says it.

Jesses Jackson saying something about white people is no more than a Civil Rights leader speaking on behalf of his people. Can't percieve Louis Ferrikan (sp? like I give 2 turds) as a Racist. He is a Leader of the black community.

Now if a white guys says something about African Americans......Racist slurs will fly.

Just my opinion though.

I'm sure I'll hear plenty for saying it to.......

;)
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 07:31:01 PM »
It's just the double standard that white people have to put up with.  We have to put up with racial slurs like white trash and redneck all the time.  Thanks liberal Political Correctness, the world would be this way with out you.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 08:00:57 PM »
RedTop, I agree with you.

Guns, double standard is a perfect phrase for it.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »
need help finding an email address for the mayor.  want to tell him next natural disater wont bring water to the choclate city

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 08:50:45 PM »
Originally posted by JTs
need help finding an email address for the mayor.  want to tell him next natural disater wont bring water to the choclate city

Ask him if living in a bowl with the chocolate people , is anything like Cocoa Puffs? :lol :rofl :cry :rofl
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Ask him if living in a bowl with the chocolate people , is anything like Cocoa Puffs? :lol :rofl :cry :rofl

hahaha:rofl

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 10:16:05 PM »
Lets see, it was whiteys fault the blacks sat on their tulips and didnt evacuate.

It was whiteys fault that food and water and free money wasnt brought in and given away fast enough.

It was the black man (and black women cops) who seemed to think stealing big screen tv's and baskets of shoes would help them survive the hard times.

Now, its black man wanting N.O. to be "chocolate" again.  

I say fine, let them have it all to themselves and dont bother us next time you need anything.  Heck, just float it loose and let it be the "Island of Lazy Stupid People".
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 06:37:21 AM »
Only white people can be racisit. Midnight Target will along any minute to tell us why.:p

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 07:02:51 AM »
just saw him on the tele...

he is a lib nut job of the 1st order..maybe he is related to barry of DC or they travel in the same circles...

he doesn't have to be worried about NO being rebuilt as his "Chocolate City" (where is willie wonka when you really need him? :)), as his dumbarse will never see another day as mayor the first time they have a chance to vote him out..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 08:37:27 AM »
He's now known as Ray "Willy Wonka" Nagin in search of a chocolate city :)

I really think he's on methamphetamine.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »
Before Mayor Nagin declares NO a Chocolate City,  he should first consider that God obviously wants NO underwater.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »
Come on down to Chocolate Town. As a LA. resident, it sickens me. The sad thing is, he still blames the state and federal government like it was not his fault at all.

I'm tired of the racist crap, to be honest. If you're white and make a statement like that you would be left hung out. Apparently, blacks can just get away with it because the white man held them down for so long. Well you know what? It's been almost 40 years for civil rights, it's time the people stop crying and pulling the poor pitiful me routine.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 10:56:28 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
He's now known as Ray "Willy Wonka" Nagin in search of a chocolate city :)

:D:lol :rofl