Author Topic: HTC moderators are a joke  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
HTC moderators are a joke
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2006, 09:55:44 AM »
"here's a good example"

IMO? Bad exmaple. It's a provoking topic from ol' Cut&paste Ripsnore in the cesspool called the O-club.  Why HTC continues to have the O-club I cannot fathom.

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »
No, it's a great example of what they allow while not allowing other things.

What if I responded by calling him basicly......a hateful, ignorant redneck?

Also... it's good because it is recent.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:07:35 AM by BluKitty »

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »
WOW....gettINg up and readINg the origINal post made my head hurt.

I am not sure of how the "report text" "report vox" works.  Have I used it?

Yep....
Has anything been done about it?....dunno but I have to believe that HTC does take a look at the information and does take some sort of action.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2006, 10:19:11 AM »
haha, 00stang is the worse of the group.

oh wow, permasquelch sounds dreamy right now... :cool:

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Go for it. :aok

I'm well past my teens buddy boie. Though sometimes I wish I could go back, things were so much simpler back then. Both you and BBQBob, have always enjoyed the same sort of banter the BK's and myself enjoy, and for that we respect you. I trust you understand where I'm coming from when I say Teeny Bopper clan. The really funny part is JohnyRA isn't a teen at all. He's a 30 something who hasnt yet past puberty, and Windx is a teen who can't handle the stress that puberty can bring on. So they take it out on everyone/anyone around them. It just got old, so did the game along with their kind.  Blix is far more of an asset to AH than I am. You should be talking to him rather than myself. I never said I quit anyways...

Don't include me with Navajo. He is a trouble maker and Bear69 to. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Go for it. :aok

I'm well past my teens buddy boie. Though sometimes I wish I could go back, things were so much simpler back then. Both you and BBQBob, have always enjoyed the same sort of banter the BK's and myself enjoy, and for that we respect you. I trust you understand where I'm coming from when I say Teeny Bopper clan. The really funny part is JohnyRA isn't a teen at all. He's a 30 something who hasnt yet past puberty, and Windx is a teen who can't handle the stress that puberty can bring on. So they take it out on everyone/anyone around them. It just got old, so did the game along with their kind.  Blix is far more of an asset to AH than I am. You should be talking to him rather than myself. I never said I quit anyways...

true true true.. all true.. but you know i will give ya s**t about it..
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2006, 11:29:27 AM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob
Don't include me with Navajo. He is a trouble maker and Bear69 to. :aok

what? cause of you... my chances of becoming a .. ahh .. you know.. have basically went down the toliet
lol
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl Yeah, so that Johnny and his 7 foot tall 9 year old show up at my door to kick my arse? :O

I sceeered teh strong bad man

Right, so people like you won't join, my point exactly.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Bear69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »
OK first of all when have i ever harassed you?  I dont usaually start anything unless someone starts with me, then i'll just dcefend myself, and without swering.  I like most have gotten upset withthe game at a time or another and comment on a Ho or caled someone a non skilled vulcher....lol  but beyond that ...i dont think so.  I've had the PM's from people giving me hell, and i have the screenshots saved to show it on the PM channel.  On e thing i learned in the Navy...cover your own prettythang. As far as me "constantly harassing people" next time i "harass" you point it out...if i started it i'll be sure to apologize.  If i didint start it... well then turn the mirror on yourself before you whine about it.

Now, i do JOKE with a few people on 200..... those i fly against often and throw FRIENDLY jabs at, so if you see it and it's not directed at you.... shut up unless you know what you are talking about, cause it could all be in fun.

I've received 1 PM warning my whole time on the game and that was yesterday from twinboom, who was the one PM'ing me with profanity, i just responded on 200, and screenshot his pm for HTC.  Any other complaints.... the complaint department is out in the outhouse.  8-)
Bear

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:27 AM »
Couple points to make here.

Not sure how many mod's HTC has, (yeah I know he said he's adding some which I applaud Kudos 2 U sir!) but I doubt they have mods in all three countries, at all times of the day.  So the reason why you will only see people moderated sometimes, and yet not others, is probably coverage.

Also, one has to take intent into consideration.  I know in the past, totally in friendly banter, I have said terrible things about, say, XtrmeJ.  I would say some pretty horribly insulting things about XJ, and vs. versa.  But was 100% in jest on both sides.  Was all in fun.  Had somebody else said those same things to me, I would have been horribly insulted.  CONTEXT is the key here.  I am sure that some players get away with saying some stuff because of the WAY they are saying it.  I can tell my ex wife "I love you" and make it mean "I hope you die" (might I add she's a fat pig here...).  Also, I can say "I hope you die" (to ma'h current chick) and if I say it a certain way, mean "I love you".  It's all in HOW it's done.  The context of the statment.  I once had a looooong multi hour convo w/ a player who was going on and on about how some players get away with saying things while others don't.  It's not what they say, but how they say it IMHO.  

I'm not sure how I feel about moderating things like STFU or WTFG.  YES I know they usin' Fbombs, but they have almost become "acceptable" in popular culture.  I need to meditate on that one, as I am 100% guilty of WTFG all the time.

(I had more, but ma'h chick just showed up bringing me lunch, and I wanna tell her how much I hope she dies)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bear69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
p.s., I can spell, just cant type to save my life.
Bear

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 12:50:08 PM »
Wow three pages for this pointless Pinot Grigio thread:huh
Lock it Hitech:t

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
Pinot Grigio thread...ahah that means pale with no taste?:D  pretty funny

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:48 PM »
"I like watching the scientologists mill about with there long strides and tidy uniforms downtown... a dianetics hospital is about 1/4 mile away, haha."  dont mes with em oct..they are verrrry serios people lol....

on the topic..I gave Pacerr and his squad a Fighting ***** and got muted for 10 minutes lol..

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by uberhun
 Pinot Grigio    

flagrent abuse of rule 16 :p