Author Topic: Dogfighting Etiquette?  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
I entered a dogfight in the DA today, and after a short but fairly good fight it had settled into a horizontal turn on the deck. We had similar aircraft, so it was going to take a while, but I was turning better and making small gains, and with the odd yo-yo thrown in I felt that a few more turns would bring the kill. That’s the nature of the Lufbery, with similar aircraft, once you are in one, it’s generally a fight to the death and the best option is to max perform your aircraft and hope you can do it better than the other guy, out turn him, take the shot and collect the pelt.  

However, after a few turns the guy I was fighting came up on vox and said “is that all you can do”, “you can’t do anything but turn” and then he levelled off and tried to extend. To me it seemed like he was caught between a rock and a hard place. He could stay in the turn and eventually give me a close range deflection shot, or he could try to extend and use a standard guns defence. Of course the best option was to out turn me, but he couldn’t do it. So it looked like he opted for the second choice and as he extended I followed at around 500 and after a few short bursts killed him.

That’s when the fun started! He shouted that he had broken off the fight and that I shouldn’t have killed him. That’s when one of his Squad mates vulched me. So I took off again only to get vulched by another member of the same Squad on the runway. After getting airborne and trying to get the vulcher, I was vulched again by yet another member of the same Squad… there were maybe 5 of them all buzzing around the same base.

It took me a minute to figure out what was happening. I was being gangbanged by a Squad. So, I took off from another base and got a little revenge… Revenge is good! These guys didn’t like their own medicine and pretty soon I had all 5 of them chasing me around, plus one of their groupies.  

So when they couldn’t kill me that way, they wanted to duel. So after duelling three of these guys, and killing them all, I was hearing every whine in the book. The best part is that in the last duel, exactly the same thing happened that I described in the beginning. I got into a lufbery that went around and around with a few small yo-yo’s and we eventually reached the deck, where I was gaining angles. You can tell how close I was too a shot in the turns because when he broke off I was only 250 behind and he died real quick. Once again, he had expected me to let him live because he had broken off the fight!

What’s wrong with that?

Well, these guys were members of the LTAR Squad and after I shot down the first one of them they reacted like playground bullies. After I killed them all, they behaved like cry babies.

I guess some squads have very low recruitment standards :)

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:37:50 PM »
Have any film? Not being there myself to see what transpired I will reserve comment except to say the situation you describe when your caught in a low alt. turn fight was described in an article I read as "the first pilot to make a mistake dies"

I would like to see any films of these low alt. tun fights you have....or anyones for that matter.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:51 PM »
LTAR's in planes?  No wonder... there's a reason they're a ground vehicle skwad.

:D

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:15:30 PM »
:lol

Now that is an AAR.

When people (especially established MA skwads) start vulching you because you killed them trying to run from a duel, you're on the right path.  :aok
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 10:21:49 PM »
They kept on getting out-turned? Well of course that is whats going to happen when they put wings on a Panzer!

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:57:48 PM »
:lol  LTARs

You guys really need to mature.  Duel it to the death and don't act like a banana when you lose because you can't fight.  If you're going to break off the fight, you can clearly use for hand to hit F12 and say discontinue or something.:rolleyes:
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:57:58 PM »
Sounds like sour grapes to me ... nice going ... you outflew him ... he deserved to get popped. There is no breaking off in the DA when in a duel ... you either survive or die.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:33:32 AM »
Yup, you won, they lost.  Only rules are: Set a ceiling, agree on plane, guns, and fuel, an no HOs on the merge...

If there are a bunch of people, give a chk6 before engaging...

This running cus you are losing isn't a "rule", it doesn't even make sense.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:51:45 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
:lol

Now that is an AAR.

No kidding! especially from a first time poster!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:26:22 AM »
How can you expect the LTAR to behave correctly in the DA ?
you believe in miracle ?

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 06:22:23 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I would like to see any films of these low alt. tun fights you have....

I have an excellent film of one of those fights from start to finish, well worth watching!  

The merge, the eventual lufbery, the break off, and a pretty good kill shot, followed by the guy complaining about it. I just watched it and I notice that after he broke off, he didn't just level off, he was executing evasive maneuvers, as though he too believed it was still "fights on". His name was Maxis780.

Since I'm naming names, the one who started it all with the "I broke off" whining was LTARkilz, with backup vulching by SEtate, and Maxis780 they even had a cheerleader JK566.

Now how can I post this film? I can't figure it out, are there any free file hosting services that are easy to use and link to that you guys recommend?

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 07:25:50 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Now that is an AAR.

Originally posted by Waffle BAS
No kidding! especially from a first time poster!

and your real ingame gameid name is?

2 post............killing everyone you encounter.........hook not big enough for me.......   regardless of film or no film

welcome to the AH messageboards if ya new, enjoy the community :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »
Whats your ingame name?

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:53 AM »
[/IMG]

Offline Gatr