Author Topic: I Love Texas  (Read 4443 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Texas Laws
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »
Originally posted by Timofei
I have already. The laws i posted were taken from http://www.dumblaws.com/

These laws raise some interesting legal questions though:

1. If you take 3 beers while standing and then sit down, can you then stand up and take 3 more ? Or take 2 and sit down , stand up and take 3 ? Or do you have to go out, come back and the counter is reset ?

2. If you have 6 dildos and lose one, do you have legal right to buy one more  ?

3. What will exactly happen if I somebody sells me Limburger cheese in Houston on Sunday ? Other cheeses are legal ?

4. How can you take a pee in Alamo ?

5. Do the horses tail lights in Texarkana  have to be from Cadillac or will Toyota tail lights be OK ? And where do  you put the brake pedal ?

It's ok, they don't raid for dildo's so your collection is safe.

You may want to hide your favorite one just in case though. :D

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2006, 11:35:54 PM »
LMAO Oklahoma has some wacky laws as well:rofl

One may not promote a "horse tripping event".
details
Full text of the Law
�21-1700.

A. It is unlawful for any person to:

1. Promote, engage in, or be employed at a bear wrestling exhibition or horse tripping event;

2. Receive money for the admission of another person to any place where bear wrestling or horse tripping will occur;

3. Sell, purchase, possess, or offer a horse for any horse tripping event;

4. Sell, purchase, possess, or train a bear for any bear wrestling exhibition;

5. Subject a bear to alteration in any form for purposes of bear wrestling including, but not limited to, removal of claws or teeth, or severing tendons; or

6. Give any substance to a bear, inject any substance into a bear, or cause a bear to ingest or inhale any substance for the purposes of bear wrestling.

B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not more than Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment. In addition, the court may require the violator to make restitution and reimbursements to the state, any of its political subdivisions, or to any society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals for housing, feeding, or providing medical treatment to any animals used or intended for use in violation of this section.

C. Upon the arrest of any person pursuant to any provision of this section, the arresting law enforcement agency or animal control office shall have authority to seize and take custody of all animals in the possession of the arrested person which are the basis of an arrest pursuant to the provisions of this section. Upon conviction, the court shall have authority to order the forfeiture of all animals seized which are the basis of the conviction pursuant to the provisions of this section. Any animals ordered forfeited may be placed in the custody of a society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals.

D. As used in this section, "horse tripping" means to cause an animal of the equine species to fall or lose its balance with the use of a wire, pole, stick, rope or other object. The term does not include the lawful laying down of a horse for medical purposes or for the purposes of identification.

No owner, operator, partner, manager, or person having supervisory control of any establishment licensed to sell or serve intoxicating beverages shall permit any of the following on or about any commercial premises where intoxicating beverages are dispensed or consumed:

1. The performance by any person of acts, or simulated acts, of sexual intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, bestiality, oral copulation, flagellation, or any sexual acts which are otherwise prohibited by law;

2. The actual intentional touching or caressing or fondling by any person of the breasts, anus or genitals;

3. Any person on the licensed premises while such person is unclothed or in such attire, costume or clothing as to expose to view any portion of the areola of the female breast or any portion of the pubic hair, buttocks or genitals; or

4. Any person to perform acts of, or acts which simulate, sexual acts which are prohibited by law, or permit any person to use artificial devices or inanimate objects to depict any prohibited activities or permit the showing of films, still pictures, electronic reproductions or other visual reproductions depicting any of the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.

It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo.

Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger.
It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.

Residents are taxed for the furniture in their homes, and any other personal belongings.
People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.
Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
It's statutory rape for a man over 18 to have sex with a female under the age of 18, provided she's a virgin.
Tattoos are banned.
No one may spit on a sidewalk.
It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
It is illegal to have sex before you are married.
Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.
Tissues are not to be found in the back of one's car.It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.

LOL I guess theres a lot of this going on in Okla.
Whaling is illegal.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:40:23 PM by fartwinkle »

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
That's "Native American" you insensitive clod. ;)

OOOPS:confused:

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
It is illegal to have sex before you are married.

Now that's just wrong.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2006, 10:25:23 AM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
Jackel, you are having to  much fun my friend.

Note to the World:
Dont tick Texans off. We tend to get a little mean at times.  

Hehe, Yea, you could safely say I had a little kick outa that.
Anyone with just a little trouble can can show a wannabe Ninja text warrior that they can have the same BS that they think they are so good at and have it shoveled back to them 3 or 4 fold.
Like the old saying here in Texas is "Sometimes the BS gets so deep you have to put on your boots". :)
Yesterday I just wasn`t in the mood to put on my boots, but I had a brand new grain scoop very handy. :)
Just throw in one part fact, then add 4 truck loads of BS. Text warrior style.
Our little friend from the land of the drab has a long history baiting lines that he cannot run.
Super troll or Master Ninja text warior he is not. :)
Pompus Yuppies has always ben my bag. This one is too easy. When backed into a corner to the point it is obvious that he is lost he immediately puffs up like a little spoiled brat and sticks out his tongue. Heck, I`m all up for a little friendly BS session especialy when it is obvious that the one on the other end does not have a clue about the subject at hand. Those that are so wrapped up in theimselves usualy are that way IMHO. You could take them on a pie factory tour and they would never see the crust. :)
When I think of my little friend from across the pond a few old Texas sayings come to mind..
One of them is "Step down off your high horse".
In this case the one which fits perfectly is "Shoot low sherrif. He`s ridin a shetland."
 :rofl
Yep, Texans, as a rule, have a lot of pride in their home state. We should, it is an awesome state. I can`t remember. Have I mentioned that it is a Fricken Huge state?  :)  I love Texas, the topic of this thread, surely fiits in my case.
If someone, such as my friend Beet, from across the pond was really interested in seeing and experiencing this great state, then I`m sure that they are a few of us here that would be willing to help him out and show him around, point him in the right direction, etc. For the most part, Texans are like that.....very hospitable. The only thing is, the high horse would need to be left in the stall. One would quickly find out that if you start that crap here, you will hit the ground hard. The term is "Bucked off." Greenhorns feed the stock here, not ride.
 In Texas....."If you can`t ride, don`t saddle up."  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:33:20 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2006, 01:06:38 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14
Whataburger is good also

Whataburger....Mmmmmmmmm..... .

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »
Boss can we get sum more beans?
Mongo from blazing saddles.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
Dont forget the original owners of TX the American Indian.

Fallacy.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2006, 12:02:12 AM »
Originally posted by culero
Fallacy.

culero

Well tell us where the first people came from then?
I always herd that the people of mongolia migrated over the land mass that used to connect russia and alaska then they kinds wonderd down.
It makes sense to me cause if you look really close at an eskimo and an American indian they look alot alike.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2006, 04:55:37 AM »
ROFL Jackal! Why all these walls of text? Why so defensive? I haven't said anything bad about Texas, so please do try to keep your pants on.

What makes me laugh is not the suggestion that TX is the cultural capital of the world (well ok, it makes me laugh a little bit ;) ), but your idiotic sense of proportion, and your self proclaimed status as a critic on countries around the world, none of which you have ever visited! Now that is freaking hilarious. :rofl

I see you've now extended your use of the drab/dreary tag to include France and Spain - but you've never been there! :lol

As for your sense of proportion, I think it's slightly unhealthy to think of a geographical entity whose land area is a mere 0.136% of the world as the world itself. As for your map of texas that weighs 35lb, well that I can understand. I realise it has to be in nice big letters for you to be able to read it. :lol My Times atlas of the world (which includes the 99.864% of this planet that isn't Texas) weighs a mere 3lb. By extrapolation, a jackall style world atlas would weigh 11 tons! :rolleyes::lol

Ah yes, I see you've added light aircraft to your list of topics you talk about but know nothing about. On full tanks, my TB10 had an endurance of 5 hours, and a cruising speed of ~115 knots.

Looking forward to your next walls, and PMSL thinking of how much time it takes out of your day!

:aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2006, 08:25:21 AM »
don't know if the original owners of Texas were indians or not but they didn't have any paperwork.

lazs

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2006, 10:34:19 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
don't know if the original owners of Texas were indians or not but they didn't have any paperwork.

lazs

more importantly, they didnt have a flag, or guns either.  just some pointy sticks and beads, maybe some gold

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2006, 10:39:24 AM »
I got this as an email joke

Texas Hospitality

Dallas Air Traffic Control: "Tower to Saudi Air 091101--You are cleared to land eastbound on runway 180R."

Saudi Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. Acknowledge cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah be Praised!"

Dallas ATC: "Tower to Egypt Air 091102--You are cleared to land westbound on runway 180R."

Egypt Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. We are cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah is Great."

Pause: Static..............

Saudi Air: "DALLAS ATC! DALLAS ATC!!!"

Dallas ATC: "Go ahead Saudi Air 091101?"

Saudi Air: "YOU HAVE CLEARED BOTH OUR AIRCRAFT FOR THE SAME RUNWAY!!! WE ARE ON A COLLISION COURSE!!! INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!!!

Dallas ATC: Well bless your hearts. Y'all be careful now---ya hear?"

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2006, 10:47:37 AM »
Two questions about England.  Does England have cold water fountains in every building and salad available anywhere?  I would not live in a place that didn't have those.  Might be a nice place to visit, but couldn't live there without that.

Les

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »
Originally posted by Leslie
Two questions about England.  Does England have cold water fountains in every building and salad available anywhere?  I would not live in a place that didn't have those.  Might be a nice place to visit, but couldn't live there without that.
Les

Well my house doesn't have a cold water fountain, but I nearly always have some salad in the fridge!

Still no reply from jackall. Bet it's going to be a doozie of a wall when it's finished! :eek: