Author Topic: I Love Texas  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2006, 08:12:41 AM »
Absolutely priceless! :D
One could quote the proportional size of our little planet to that of the universe.
Would it pertain in any way whatsoever to the subject matter? Absolutely not. It might give the impression that someone had  overdosed on Carl Sagan books though. :)
One could give the mathmatical formula for vanilla pudding. It still wouldn`t pertain to Texas and it`s greatness.
Yes, Texas is , without a doubt, a totaly awesome state with unlimited wonders.
It can only be understood by those fortunate enough to explore the vast regions of this Fricken Huge state.
We, here in Texas has never saw the need for a Queen, but Bob Wills is still the king. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2006, 08:16:22 AM »
As already pointed out Ontario, Canada must be twice as great as Texas because it is twice the size.  It is a Fricken HUGE province.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2006, 08:31:05 AM »
Yes, Texas is so  large for ONE state that it is as large as some countries and larger than some. It`s Fricken huge allright. And to think , it is only ONE state in the U.S. ...................awesome.
An example of the abundance of Texas........................ ...................

"Hunting Ducks On The Brazos

If there’s anything I like to do, it’s hunt. One day last week, I take my gun and go out to
practice. I hit the bull’s eye the first time, but it cost me twenty dollars to pay
for the bull.

The best luck I ever had was when I went over to the Brazos one day last month. I’d
been walking all day without seeing a thing to shoot at. I sits down on the bank of the
river to rest.. Pretty soon, I hear a noise up river, and I see about 500 ducks. I **** my
gun and take aim. Just as I’m going to pull the trigger, I hear a noise down river. I
turn to look and 5,000 geese are settling in. So I thinks to myself I’d rather have geese
than ducks, so I aim at the geese.

I’m about to squeeze off a shot when I hear a noise in front of me. I look down and not
three feet away I see a great big rattlesnake. Must be six feet long if it’s an inch, and
he’s coiled to strike, his mouth wide open. Well sir, I **** both barrels, take aim at the
snake, squeeze the trigger, and let go with both barrels. The dang gun bursts apart. The
right hand barrel flies up river and kills the 500 ducks. The left hand barrel shoots down
river and kills the 5,000 geese. The ramrod shoots down the snake’s throat and chokes
him to death. The gunstock flies back and knocks me off my feet into the river, and I
come out with my boots full of fish."

;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2006, 08:48:49 AM »
Yes, Ontario is so large for ONE Province that it is as large as some countries and larger than many. It`s Fricken huge allright. And to think , it is only ONE Province in Canada. ...................awesome.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2006, 08:54:21 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Absolutely priceless! :D
One could quote the proportional size of our little planet to that of the universe.
Indeed we could - I agree entirely! But my point was/is, that whereas you choose to limit your travelling aspirations to 0.136% of the planet surface, I prefer to explore the wider world. Why? Because I can.
:cool:

No more walls of text today. I had to have a jab in each arm yesterday to prepare myself for next week's epic journey to the Arab world. Right now I feel as if my arms are going to fall off. And to any Brits reading this, no snide jokes about Gladys, please. ;)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2006, 09:01:10 AM »
Everything is big in Texas

There once was a blind man who decided to visit Texas. When he arrived on the plane, he felt the seats and said, "Wow, these seats are big!" The person next to him answered, "Everything is big in Texas." When he finally arrived in Texas, he decided to visit a bar. Upon arriving in the bar, he ordered a beer and got a mug placed between his hands. He exclaimed, "Wow these mugs are big!" The bartender replied, "Everything is big in Texas." After a couple of beers, the blind man asked the bartender where the bathroom was located. The bartender replied, "Second door to the right." The blind man headed for the bathroom, but accidentally tripped over and skipped the second door. Instead, he entered the third door, which lead to the swimming pool and fell into the pool by accident. Scared to death, the blind man started shouting, "Don't flush, don't flush!"