Author Topic: I Love Texas  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
Congrats on the house.
Dont you lose 20 IQ points just being in Texas?:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Curval, there are many places in Texas you cannot have an in-ground pool due to the soil and/or sea level of the property.  

I do not know if this is the case or not here, but I know there are many areas of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area where you cannot have an in-ground pool, nor a concrete slab foundation due to shifting soil conditions (we have a lot of clay in the ground here).

138 is a pretty good price for that home.

You mean that is like 4foot deep?  None of it is below ground?

Okay...no swan dives into that pool then.

Texas gets HOT...I imagine that pool would be more like a hot-tub in August..no?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 03:32:22 PM »
Ceiling fans all over, even on the porch. Gotta love Texas summers :)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »
Texas gets HOT...I imagine that pool would be more like a hot-tub in August..no?

It'll get a little bit warmer, but nothing significant.  However, the black pad just to the right of the pool (in the picture) will get hot enough to melt flesh.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
Nice looling house there guns, congratulations.  We close on our new place next week, and moving an entire family (and all the crap) is crazy to say the least!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 04:48:35 PM »
Welcome Gun. Good deal on that house Bud. Same house here , in R.R. just north of Austin would be maybe 160k I bought my 2100 sq. ft home for 142 brand new. Now it appraises at WELL over that. Taxes have gone up a lil but not bad.

Rudy's is better than Millers. Tex Mex food is awsome down there as well. Take your Wifey to the River Walk on a warm Saturday night and have a Ritta or 2 and ride the boats. You'll SCORE for sure. :lol

If you ever venture to Austin , let me know. Perhaps Edbert and I could meet ya for some BBQ and a Coke. I don't drink anymore really so 1 ritta and boom boom RedTop don't drive no mo. (funny I could drink 3 or 4 pitchers of riittas a couple of years ago).

WELCOME TO TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
Curv,

I checked it out and the house isn't on shifting soil, the pool is just what the previous owners wanted.  Either way Above ground pools aren't bad and are alot cheaper than inground.  My guess is they are a little easier to maintain as well.  One particular that I like about above ground is the decking (wich I plan to finish all the way around) has a gate on it.  This at least attempts to keep my kids (6 and 3 years old) away from the waters edge.  The lot is smaller than some yards I looked at and half the size of my current one but oh well.  Less grass for me to mow.  

The house has a ceiling fan in almost every room and even outside under the covered patio.  I still havn't decided if I want to turn the garage back into a garage from the party room it is now.  It's actually pretty nice, professionally lighted and everything.  

Here's the "converted" garage.  The pool table comes with it BTW.  Like I said that's a nice little "daddy's play room" but I like haveing a garage.  On the plus side all automotive work can be done at the auto hobby shop on base.

There's a half shot of the master BR (notice not one but two fans)

Here's the loft AKA my gaming room/kids XBOX space.

Can you guys tell how excited I am??????  :)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
I Love Texas
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Congrats on the house.
Dont you lose 20 IQ points just being in Texas?:)

Yeah but he'll make up for the lost IQ points from the increase in testosterone.  :)  Wait, that'll make him lose IQ points too ..............

Ah well.  At least he has a pool, and the more relaxed gun laws .............

:aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
I Love Texas
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »
Welcome to Texas Gunslinger. I hope you enjoy your new home.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
I Love Texas
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »
Sorry double posted. Welcome to Texas ISP's as well.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »
Where's the AH guest room? ;)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
My house came with a pool table too. It took about 1.5 years before it became a laundry folding table/big dam heavy in the way table.

Sold it to a guy for $400, he took care of removing it.

Congrats on the home. Good luck with it.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »
Looks like a great deal, Guns. WTG!

Now we just need to introduce you to "Dublin" Dr. Pepper!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 06:30:43 PM »
A house for 138K? Wowsa! Here in Santa Cruz, CA, the median price for a house is almost $800,000. You simply can not find anything for under $500K. Maybe it's time to move...

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/January/12/local/stories/02local.htm

g00b

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 06:36:21 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
This at least attempts to keep my kids (6 and 3 years old) away from the waters edge.

'Nuff said.  Please be careful with those kids around the pool. I could tell ya a few stories from down here, but since you brought it up I'm sure you are aware of the dangers.

That master bedroom is huge man...looks great!  Plus...you have a Daddy room, no house could be considered a home (castle) without a Daddy room.

You have every reason to be psyched...enjoy it.

:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain