Author Topic: I Love Texas  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2006, 06:38:01 PM »
Gun, I live about an hour from San Antonio and my brother lives in San Antonio, off Bandera in Live Oak area.  He just had a pool put in at about $45,000 for in ground pool.  His previous house had an above ground pool.

House looks nice.   Once you get settled in and finish your WAPs testing we should plan a get together ( I cant believe you have to test during a move, thats like extra stress:confused: )

also Bill Miller BBQ is to barbeque like MacDonalds is to Hamburgers.  Rudy's is the way to go.  ;)

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Congrats on the house.
Dont you lose 20 IQ points just being in Texas?:)

That wasnt a very nice thing to say you greifer :)

As far as BBQ places go the small mom and pop ones are the best I think. Rudy's is good, but there is better.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 09:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Gun, I live about an hour from San Antonio and my brother lives in San Antonio, off Bandera in Live Oak area.  He just had a pool put in at about $45,000 for in ground pool.  His previous house had an above ground pool.

House looks nice.   Once you get settled in and finish your WAPs testing we should plan a get together ( I cant believe you have to test during a move, thats like extra stress:confused: )

also Bill Miller BBQ is to barbeque like MacDonalds is to Hamburgers.  Rudy's is the way to go.  ;)

WOW,  and I liked Miller's too.  Guess I'll have to try rudy's when i get back here.  Either way I think I make the best ribs ever made ;) .  You know you are in Texas when the local grocery store is selling cut in half 55 galon drums painted black as BBQs/Smokers right out front for under $70.00.  

I almost went looking thourh the HEB for Blue Bell......I lacked time though and Home Depot was calling me.  :aok

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 02:53:21 AM »
Originally posted by Curval

Texas gets HOT...I imagine that pool would be more like a hot-tub in August..no?

Phfffffffffftt! It barely got above 110 last summer around here.  Didn`t even have to break out the beer cooler or short sleeves.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 08:38:35 AM »
someone from portland or. is talking about IQ and location?

lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »
Dont you lose 20 IQ points just being in Texas?:) [/B]

Weuns ain`t for certin abot that. We is unedikated. Ask that HT feller and see what he reckons.

I can see why you would be concerned Lew.............I mean if you planning on making a con. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 10:34:20 AM »
Congrats on the house.
Dont you lose 20 IQ points just being in Texas?:)

He loses 20 liberal points, but he gains 35 manly man points!

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
Welcome to Tejas Gunslinger:aok
If your single there are tons of purty meskin women down there.
:p

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Guns WTG Congrats
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2006, 11:14:42 PM »
hey guns, I am in Texas only 5 years now..... I am liking it even though those Oregon peeps are mad at Texas cause Bush is from here, and we got Sun.

Looks like = 10 IQ points Guns.

AH sleepover room and Lan connects? Heck, I'll sleep in the car on in the driveway.

Congrats Guns Verrry nice bro! Silat does not need to visit if he dont want to. it will cost him some perkies... :aok

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2006, 12:28:58 AM »
I am a Realtor in Austin for the past 8 years. The prices have been going up and Austin has grown withis this increase. Yes you can buy a house like Guns but its not going to be downtown. Most of my cali clients think that Texas has these LOw Low prices but its not the case. Their are some great buys but you need to look around for them. Gunslinger if they are building homes around that area if so do not sell for 5 years. I see people move and a year later sell thats really bad. Most new construction areas will not bring the resales up for some time. Good luck good to see ya back in Texas..

Whats the builders name?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 08:32:37 AM »
seriously... any of you guys been to portland?  the irony of someone from portland talking about IQ and location is precious.

lazs

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:59 AM »
did you see the ice on the ground monday on the westside? and dont you just love all that road construction at the I10-410 split. been going on about 7-8 years now.  but the upside is your not that far from brenham.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »
Originally posted by FX1
I am a Realtor in Austin for the past 8 years. The prices have been going up and Austin has grown withis this increase. Yes you can buy a house like Guns but its not going to be downtown. Most of my cali clients think that Texas has these LOw Low prices but its not the case. Their are some great buys but you need to look around for them. Gunslinger if they are building homes around that area if so do not sell for 5 years. I see people move and a year later sell thats really bad. Most new construction areas will not bring the resales up for some time. Good luck good to see ya back in Texas..

Whats the builders name?

The builder is KB.  Them and Centrex (?) have a bunch of projects out here being the main two builders.  The home itself still has 5 years on the builders warrenty.  They are still building IN the subdivision itself so I figure that's a good sign that the area is still growing.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 02:26:36 PM »
Shop around for your note! Closing cost are killing some buyers under 150k also if they are paying closing cost make sure you can use the full amount. I closed one a month ago because my buyers bank would only allow 2500 to go to his closing cost. He had 500 on the table after closing ):

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »
Originally posted by FX1
Shop around for your note! Closing cost are killing some buyers under 150k also if they are paying closing cost make sure you can use the full amount. I closed one a month ago because my buyers bank would only allow 2500 to go to his closing cost. He had 500 on the table after closing ):

I lucked out there.  I'm doing a VA loan so alot of the costs are fixed.  I put down $1k in Earnest money, the seller agreed to $3500 in costs and I can roll my VA funding fee into the loan (usually 2.1%) so that will probably leave me with next to nothing out of pocket closing costs.