Author Topic: Bish?  (Read 5030 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bish?
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2006, 01:58:36 AM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
:D You know what?  I'll bet you can't eat 2 dozen.

you're on!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Bish?
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2006, 02:22:25 AM »
I'm sure I could do two dozen if I skipped lunch. Maybe not in one sitting, but certainly over the course of an evening of AH.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bish?
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2006, 02:30:07 AM »
1 sitting, 2 dozen. I'll pick them up tomorrow, it's on!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2006, 03:00:06 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
1 sitting, 2 dozen. I'll pick them up tomorrow, it's on!

Four dozen!  I meant four dozen!!  Let us know how it turns out.  Those things give me a headache.  Too much sugar.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Bish?
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2006, 08:00:59 AM »
I am not sure how to post a link to a thread, but I thought this was interesting.  Check out the thread titled "ENY should kick in sooner so motivation is there to balance sides" last updated as of this moment on 2-07-06.

I find it funny because that complaint about the numbers on the sides was started by a Knight -- and less than a month before this thread began.

All things in life are cyclical . . .
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
Bish?
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:44 AM »
Holy Sugar buzz!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2006, 08:54:17 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo

Most get greedy and try to vulcth, tho. I personally do not see the satisfaction in spending 15 minutes getting to a base to spend 30 seconds shooting at two buildings and then spending the next minute trying to survive the defenders long enough to maybe get a shot at someone trying to take off or land. And then dying. Every. Single. Time.

Obviusly, you DO NOT understand how to play this game :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Bish?
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2006, 08:55:59 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Nope ... not what I was implying at all ... only a few of us are Immortals.

Just FYI, there's a subtle difference between "older than the hills" and "immortal"....

;)

(I know you were probably referring to Thermopylae and Leonidas at the pass, but knowing THAT means we're both in the first category I mentioned)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:59:44 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Bish?
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2006, 11:05:51 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Just FYI, there's a subtle difference between "older than the hills" and "immortal"....

;)

(I know you were probably referring to Thermopylae and Leonidas at the pass, but knowing THAT means we're both in the first category I mentioned)

Close ... Akhoba v. Tumak at the volcano.

(Bonus points if you know what movie that refers to ... w/o looking it up in IMBD.)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2006, 11:22:08 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril

That story is BS propaganda from the Spartans.  They conviniently forgot to mention that they could not have done it without the help of the (AA) Athenian Airforce developed and trained by . . . . . . well, take a guess ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »
i WISH EVERYONE WOULD JUST FLY LIKE ME!!!

Seriously it is a cycle but the rooks have avoided this cycle for almost 2 years....just an observation....i have heard the "back in the old days we rooks were ganged and we loved it!!!" crap for as long as ive been here:lol

I fly for the bish....i have my own squad and we do things togehter and have fun with it....

biggest problem for bish right now is actually some of the bish who jumped feel the need to pound the bish....complicating the problem....but at least they not whining on green anymore so kind of a wash:O

I miss the old air warrior style of flying....multiple arenas and  most bases uncapturable....you never WON a war....i pork troops almost nonstop nowadays when im on in the evening and i mus admit it gets old.  i would rather be in a fiter winging with buds and hunting scorepotatos anyday.

THATS WHY PEOPLE JUMP...ITS MORE FUN TO FLY WITH NUMBERS...dUHHHH

You can fly with no pressure to "save the map".  i personally could care less about winning...who gives a rats arse?  i take bases til we even and then i go fly around and have fun.

dear hitech...thank you for a beautiful game and awesome attention to updates...there are zones in each map that favor a country...why not put the loser of  a map into a favorable one ands the winner into the hardest?
example the map we are on now...bish in worst corner...2 different 3-4 base frontline while knit/rooks ahve stretch of smaller exposure. .and can we just have a furball map???   no captures...lasts 3 days when we on it then shifts???? puhlease????

im proud of the guys that are bish...whiining really at a minimum....ill believe zazen doesnt mind numbers when he shows up to help...he does enjoy being a jerk on ch 200...not sure why..think he prob is a good guy...here is a hint....dont try to "rationalize" to others how they should sit and take being ganged...not gonna get very far there.  

p.s. wtg blue knits on going knit:aok  tho i cant stand many of them..i think they do care about the game

p.s.s.   look at many of the rook c.o.'s score....single digits....ya think it is easier to do whatever you want cuz of numbers???   wonder why those squads switched and stayed there??  try to replicate that as a bish guys...:eek: can't get your picks and vulch on when you fiting even numbers
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
Bish?
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2006, 11:59:36 PM »
LMAO     Man, I needed a good laugh!  

:noid

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2006, 12:08:52 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
i WISH EVERYONE WOULD JUST FLY LIKE ME!!!

Seriously it is a cycle but the rooks have avoided this cycle for almost 2 years....just an observation....i have heard the "back in the old days we rooks were ganged and we loved it!!!" crap for as long as ive been here:lol

I fly for the bish....i have my own squad and we do things togehter and have fun with it....

biggest problem for bish right now is actually some of the bish who jumped feel the need to pound the bish....complicating the problem....but at least they not whining on green anymore so kind of a wash:O

I miss the old air warrior style of flying....multiple arenas and  most bases uncapturable....you never WON a war....i pork troops almost nonstop nowadays when im on in the evening and i mus admit it gets old.  i would rather be in a fiter winging with buds and hunting scorepotatos anyday.

You can fly with no pressure to "save the map".  i personally could care less about winning...who gives a rats arse?  i take bases til we even and then i go fly around and have fun.

dear hitech...thank you for a beautiful game and awesome attention to updates...there are zones in each map that favor a country...why not put the loser of  a map into a favorable one ands the winner into the hardest?
example the map we are on now...bish in worst corner...2 different 3-4 base frontline while knit/rooks ahve stretch of smaller exposure. .and can we just have a furball map???   no captures...lasts 3 days when we on it then shifts???? puhlease????

im proud of the guys that are bish...whiining really at a minimum....ill believe zazen doesnt mind numbers when he shows up to help...he does enjoy being a jerk on ch 200...not sure why..think he prob is a good guy...here is a hint....dont try to "rationalize" to others how they should sit and take being ganged...not gonna get very far there.  

p.s. wtg blue knits on going knit:aok  tho i cant stand many of them..i think they do care about the game

p.s.s.   look at many of the rook c.o.'s score....single digits....ya think it is easier to do whatever you want cuz of numbers???   wonder why those squads switched and stayed there??  try to replicate that as a bish guys...:eek: can't get your picks and vulch on when you fiting even numbers

Well I'd like to tell you to go back to AW if you like it so much, but I understand that's not around anymore.  I wonder why.  Even when it was still around it had low numbers of players compared to AH.

Check out the Axis vs Allies arena.  There's a lot of what you want there.  Last I looked, no base captures.  Just fighter versus fighter.  Your cup of tea.  Of course the number of players is like twenty for the whole arena, but you get what you want.

Offline USMCnav

• Zinc Member
Bish?
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2006, 12:23:10 AM »

:D~~ A Little Scenario ~~:D
Hi, my name's Birdboy, and I'm an Aces High-oholic.

-"hi, Birdboy"

Yeah, um....well where do I start?  I guess I don't even know what a real friend is anymore.  Um, yeah.... like when I started playing Aces High -shucks, it's been 9 yrs; gosh how they've flown by!- I had friends at work and stuff.   Well my best friend was on AH, and he was my best friend cause he was fun and he made me laugh, and I never had to confront him in person.  Well he went Rook cause he said things weren't as fun for him anymore, and he said I said all these nasty things about him, but we had this pact that we wouldn't go Rook, cause we're like really loyal and stuff, but he went Rook, and he shot my airplane down, like 5,6,7... I dunno, a bunch of times.  He owned me, but anyway....  he's not my friend anymore cause loyalties are important to me, you know, just not when it comes to certain friends.  I just don't understand why he couldn't have fun with me at his expense...*lost in thought* *unable to comprehend*  Anyway, I still have my squad, cause I've been a CO for a long time and stuff, and it means a lot to me, so I pretty much don't need him.  But yeah, I guess I have a problem, but doesn't he see HIS problem??  ...

The story continues, but I can only imagine that by this point you're thinking, "Hey Nav, stfu."  
Yeah, well check it out: ditto.    :mad:

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2006, 12:36:39 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
there are zones in each map that favor a country...why not put the loser of  a map into a favorable one ands the winner into the hardest?
example the map we are on now...bish in worst corner...2 different 3-4 base frontline while knit/rooks ahve stretch of smaller exposure.

I really, really like this idea. I often wish Rooks were in the 'reset corner' which for some reason on 90% of maps is the SE corner. Almost always the SE corner team is most vigorously two fronted. If the reset winning team was resigned to this corner it would keep them hemmed in a bit more than normal, essentially upping the difficulty level of achieving a  reset-repeat. I know currently the position a team gets on a new map is auto-scripted randomly, so it would not be overly hard to auto-script the winner of a reset to the reset-corner position..

Zazen
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 12:39:10 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc