Author Topic: Bish?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »
strongly suspect it isn't all about the perks. There is a strong attraction to being on the side that wins. Just to be on the side that wins. Also, people see trends and switch countries accordingly. By the way, I thought it was 12 hours and not 6.

Thats what blows my mind and confuses me ... what self-gratification would one get when switching to the side that will get the reset ... 10, 15, 30 minutes before the event. You can switch countries now every 6 hours ... with that, after 6 hours you are cool for reset perks.

While it has always been numbers driven to some extent, this effect is enhanced in AH2 because of the closer spacing of the fields.

Bah ... its just take them 5 to 10 minutes less in flight time to put the gang-bangin' on them ... fields close or far stand no chance against superior numbers ... simple as that. Closer fields just make it happen quicker ... less pain.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
That being said the one truth of the Bish plight is this....

The length of time Bish spend in the bucket during this point in the cycle of fluxing balance is directly proportional to how they cope, re-act, act, behave and adapt to it. The more lil' chickens that keep screaming, "The sky is falling", rather than just calmly and deliberately doing everything they can to turn things around for Bish the longer Bish will remain sucking hind teet.

Zazen

I don't agree on this.  I don't think it's related to complaint level.  Rather I believe it's related to who's got the trend for win or lose.  Rooks winning more recently?  They get a shift in numbers that helps support that.  Similarly, Bish get stomped more recently?  Corresponding shift.  Recently, the Bish do occasionally win a reset, the Rooks often and the Knights.......well it's been awhile.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
strongly suspect it isn't all about the perks. There is a strong attraction to being on the side that wins. Just to be on the side that wins. Also, people see trends and switch countries accordingly. By the way, I thought it was 12 hours and not 6.

Thats what blows my mind and confuses me ... what self-gratification would one get when switching to the side that will get the reset ... 10, 15, 30 minutes before the event. You can switch countries now every 6 hours ... with that, after 6 hours you are cool for reset perks.

Because it's different strokes for different folks.  You or I don't get it, but others do and they act accordingly.

While it has always been numbers driven to some extent, this effect is enhanced in AH2 because of the closer spacing of the fields.

Bah ... its just take them 5 to 10 minutes less in flight time to put the gang-bangin' on them ... fields close or far stand no chance against superior numbers ... simple as that. Closer fields just make it happen quicker ... less pain. [/B]

While what you say is true regarding flight times and the superiority of numbers, your conclusion is off.  It does, as you state, happen quicker and with less pain.  Less pain for the attacker as well.

What I said was that these things are enhanced by closer spacing of the fields.  Yes, larger numbers will prevail.  However, it happens so quickly that it is difficult to get a response up before the field is overwhelmed and taken.  Strategy becomes less important and sheer numbers become sufficient.

In addition to the closer spaced fields the fuel strat situation has exacerbated the situation.  In AH1 a field might be knocked down to 25% fuel available.  Now it cannot be lowered more than 75%.  Closer field proximity and the guarantee of at least 75% fuel and usually more than that because people don’t strat for fuel anymore.  Might as well make the fuel bunkers invulnerable.  Doesn’t do anything to bring them down.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »
However, it happens so quickly that it is difficult to get a response up before the field is overwhelmed and taken. Strategy becomes less important and sheer numbers become sufficient.

But what most don't realize is that with the closer spacing of fields ... when the horde moves on to the next target ... they usually forget about the field that they just took cause they are myopic in nature ... that field can be re-taken back very quickly due to the closer spacing of fields ... that was the intent of the design ... the flaw, again, is human in failed cooperation and realization.

In addition to the closer spaced fields the fuel strat situation has exacerbated the situation. In AH1 a field might be knocked down to 25% fuel available. Now it cannot be lowered more than 75%. Closer field proximity and the guarantee of at least 75% fuel and usually more than that because people don’t strat for fuel anymore. Might as well make the fuel bunkers invulnerable. Doesn’t do anything to bring them down.

Bottom line here is fun ... For some tard(s) to be able to take out all the fuel within a 50-100 mile radius SUCKED for all ... this was the best decision ever made. I don't want to play and pay to be limited to being able to fly 1/2 sector ... I want to mix it up ... regardless of plane type ... just give me the ability to get up and get into it. Also, this allows those that are being spanked the ability to get into the air and try to stem the tide.

You want to stop the horde ... take out the troops ... nothing better than that. This does not limit anyones ability to fly ... just capture.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
Brilliant reply.  Simply amazing.:O

Gald you liked it.  It was also honest
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 04:19:34 PM »
I don't agree on this.  I don't think it's related to complaint level.  Rather I believe it's related to who's got the trend for win or lose.  Rooks winning more recently?  They get a shift in numbers that helps support that.  Similarly, Bish get stomped more recently?  Corresponding shift.  Recently, the Bish do occasionally win a reset, the Rooks often and the Knights.......well it's been awhile.

That could be true if most played with single-minded interest in the reset and the perks that go with it. Most do not. Most play to have fun and fight. Most people, and definately the most impactful players, have tens of thousands of perks stored, reset perks or resets in general is not a motivating factor when choosing team affiliation. What is a determining factor is how much they enjoy playing with a team, how much pissin' and moanin' that team does on their country channel, and how that team copes with unfavorable circumstances...I know from personal experience just a few constant whiners on country channel can sour the whole experience of AH for the entire team, day after day. I'm guessing there are more than a few country channel whiners on Bish right now judging by how much moaning there is on channel 200. That incessant moaning has a deleterious affect on country morale and will definately not entice people to play for that team regardless of the circumstances and resets.

Zazen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:39:54 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Bish?
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »
Rooks started being effective of late for a reason other than numerical superiority. Once that began it does appear others have piled on. Much of the actual base capture is still being done by the same bunch of people as before, though.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Rooks started being effective of late for a reason other than numerical superiority. Once that began it does appear others have piled on. Much of the actual base capture is still being done by the same bunch of people as before, though.

Most 'fair weather flyer' country switchers are noobs, not affiliated with a squadron and of very little value in terms of combat efficiency...One grizzled old vet is worth 10+ of these country jumping noobs. To these noobs the reset reward of 25 perks is a substantial incentive to abandon their beleaugered country. To a grizzled old vet this reward is meaningless and no incentive whatsoever...

Zazen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:58:26 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 05:02:03 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
However, it happens so quickly that it is difficult to get a response up before the field is overwhelmed and taken. Strategy becomes less important and sheer numbers become sufficient.

But what most don't realize is that with the closer spacing of fields ... when the horde moves on to the next target ... they usually forget about the field that they just took cause they are myopic in nature ... that field can be re-taken back very quickly due to the closer spacing of fields ... that was the intent of the design ... the flaw, again, is human in failed cooperation and realization.

In addition to the closer spaced fields the fuel strat situation has exacerbated the situation. In AH1 a field might be knocked down to 25% fuel available. Now it cannot be lowered more than 75%. Closer field proximity and the guarantee of at least 75% fuel and usually more than that because people don’t strat for fuel anymore. Might as well make the fuel bunkers invulnerable. Doesn’t do anything to bring them down.

Bottom line here is fun ... For some tard(s) to be able to take out all the fuel within a 50-100 mile radius SUCKED for all ... this was the best decision ever made. I don't want to play and pay to be limited to being able to fly 1/2 sector ... I want to mix it up ... regardless of plane type ... just give me the ability to get up and get into it. Also, this allows those that are being spanked the ability to get into the air and try to stem the tide.

You want to stop the horde ... take out the troops ... nothing better than that. This does not limit anyones ability to fly ... just capture.

This is the thinking of someone who isn’t into the strategy of the game.  Someone who doesn’t want strategy to effect their “fun”.  Fun being defined as furballing.  If you wish to change the game from strategy to the more immediate gratification of furballing, then by all means support the current fuel situation.

Troops are, as you wrote, definitely part of the strategy.  However, there are many who feel it inconvenient and an imposition on their fun to eliminate them.  Therefore, by your way of thinking that should be restricted as well.  And what about ordnance.  Surely we shouldn’t be able to take down the ordnance in fields over a wide area.  How about we make troops and ordnance pop up after say 15 minutes?  That would prevent your “tards” from ruining other peoples fun.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 05:06:59 PM »
That could be true if most played with single-minded interest in the reset and the perks that go with it. Most do not. Most play to have fun and fight. Most people, and definately the most impactful players, have tens of thousands of perks stored, reset perks or resets in general is not a motivating factor when choosing team affiliation. What is a determining factor is how much they enjoy playing with a team, how much pissin' and moanin' that team does on their country channel, and how that team copes with unfavorable circumstances...I know from personal experience just a few constant whiners on country channel can sour the whole experience of AH for the entire team, day after day. I'm guessing there are more than a few country channel whiners on Bish right now judging by how much moaning there is on channel 200. That incessant moaning has a deleterious affect on country morale and will definately not entice people to play for that team regardless of the circumstances and resets.

Zazen

I don't have a problem with your reasoning as to whiners not being an attractive team.  My position is that it is not the driving or predominant force in the numbers distribution.  I don't think most people care that much about the number of perks they get from a reset, although it is nice.  Rather I think the largest attraction is being on the winning side.  Not for the perks, but simply to be on the side that's winning.  It's a nice feeling.  You're with a bunch of guys that are stomping keester and that's fun.  Maybe makes you feel like you're part of an elite outfit.  That sort of thinking.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 05:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo

Partially my point.  I agree.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »
I don't have a problem with your reasoning as to whiners not being an attractive team.  My position is that it is not the driving or predominant force in the numbers distribution.  I don't think most people care that much about the number of perks they get from a reset, although it is nice.  Rather I think the largest attraction is being on the winning side.  Not for the perks, but simply to be on the side that's winning.  It's a nice feeling.  You're with a bunch of guys that are stomping keester and that's fun.  Maybe makes you feel like you're part of an elite outfit.  That sort of thinking.

I think most want to be on the side having fun, could be one team, could be all three. Personally, and I know most 'vets', prefer to be outnumbered rather than to be steamrolling...steamrolling really isn't very fun, no good fights, fighting teammates over the same chicken bone and nothing but milkrunning. Being 'defensive' can be very fun, this is my point. Just because you're getting beaten on a particular map on a particular day doesn't mean your team needs to cry, "The sky is falling" and give up on having fun.

The secret to having fun is to adapt to the circumstances, you can't fight the same way when on the defensive as you do when you're on the offensive. Alot of this angst over these temporary fluxes in balance are a product of people failing to adapt making their team collectively miserable, which in turn drives existing team mates away and keeps a possible influx of new teammates that enjoy the underdog role from coming and staying to help...So, a combination of positive attitude and adaptation more than any other factors will shorten the time Bish or any team is in the balance flux poop-hole.

Zazen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:23:41 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
I think most want to be on the side having fun, could be one team, could be all three. Personally, and I know most 'vets', prefer to be outnumbered rather than to be steamrolling...steamrolling really isn't very fun, no good fights, fighting teammates over the same chicken bone and nothing but milkrunning. Being 'defensive' can be very fun, this is my point. Just because you're getting beaten on a particular map on a particular day doesn't mean your team needs to cry, "The sky is falling" and give up on having fun.

The secret to having fun is to adapt to the circumstances, you can't fight the same way when on the defensive as you do when you're on the offensive. Alot of this angst over these temporary fluxes in balance are a product of people failing to adapt making their team collectively miserable, which in turn drives existing team mates away and keeps a possible influx of new teammates that enjoy the underdog role from coming and staying to help...So, a combination of positive attitude and adaptation more than any other factors will shorten the time Bish or any team is in the balance flux poop-hole.

Zazen

Your points are well taken.  It is obviously a combination or things that drive the direction in which the numbers flow.  Personally, I like staying where I am.  Besides, whichever team you go to, it's the same news.  Cyclic.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 06:35:28 PM »
People, like objects, tend to stay at rest unless acted upon by a force. Don't give people a reason/excuse to leave your country, and give people who enjoy the underdog game a reason to come try your country. Whining and pissn' n' moanin' does not accomplish this.. Adapatation and having fun no matter what the circumstances will accomplish this. It's a proven fact.

Zazen

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
People, like objects, tend to stay at rest unless acted upon by a force. Don't give people a reason/excuse to leave your country, and give people who enjoy the underdog game a reason to come try your country. Whining and pissn' n' moanin' does not accomplish this.. Adapatation and having fun no matter what the circumstances will accomplish this. It's a proven fact.

Zazen

:)
As before, I agree with you save on what the predominant driving force is for the numbers flow.  Yes, your points are well taken and I agree.   However, I still believe the greater drive in numbers flowing from one country/team to the other is due to some people simply wanting to be on the winning side.