Author Topic: German Tornadoes  (Read 438 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
German Tornadoes
« on: February 28, 2006, 09:46:50 AM »
If you like Rammstein and Tornadoes you will love this vid.
It rocks hard!:aok
http://www.wimp.com/altitudesix/ :t

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
German Tornadoes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
Cool!

I used to work at a Tri National Tornado base and I really miss this aircraft.  Excellent footage, looks like it was filmed at Goose Bay, Labrador in Canada?

Doh, now seen the credits, and it was indeed Goose Bay! ;)
NEXX

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
German Tornadoes
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
Cool, Du Hast would have been a better mix though...

Where were the three brief Gun Camera clips from? It Looked like footage from Iraq, was that from '91 or has Germany had Tornadoes in the Gulf since then?
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Redwing

• Copper Member
German Tornadoes
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 05:40:35 PM »
I don't think germany had tornados in the gulf in 91. Afaik, the only time after WW2 that german aircraft have been actively engaging enemy targets was in Kosovo 1999.

I could be wrong, but I do remember the political and public upcry when our former government requested german troops to be deployed to Kosovo as part of a fighting force. I kinda doubt this upcry would have been as vocal as it was if german fighters had already taken part in the first gulf war 8 years earlier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm too lazy to google it.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
German Tornadoes
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:48:27 PM »
IIRC Sandman was pretty close to a German Tornado crash a few years back. Damn shame that.

edit:

October 19, 1998 - Luftwaffe Captain Bernd Kugler (pilot) and Luftwaffe Captain Andreas Macha (weapons systems operator) lost their lives when their Tornado IDS 43+36 plunged into a ground installation at Sea Site Three on Echo Range. Although the Tornado was assigned to the German Air Force Tactical Training Center at Holloman AFB, the crew came from the Jagdbombergeschwader at Memmingen, Germany. Six persons on the ground were injured or suffered smoke inhalation. The Tornado was on a routine training mission at the time of the crash.

-Sik
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 05:51:35 PM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
German Tornadoes
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »
Is it me,  in the beginning of the song, doesnt he sound like Yuri from Command & Conquer Red Alert 2?

~AoM~