Author Topic: New CH Pro Pedals  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »
Guys I am currently using old set of ch game port pro peds.
How much more smooth/ accurate are the  usb ones.  I ask this because the game port peds feel almost like a ratchet . I can almost see a notch of rudder being applied  and cant get in between the notches.
Also i can't get the toebreaks to work with xp.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 02:19:12 PM »
Bronk, I've used both the game port and USB pedals, and there isn't a noticeable difference.  You may have a bad pot which is causing the notch problem.  You can get a new one here for about $10.  It's pretty easy to replace if you have a philips screwdriver.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 02:50:22 PM »
Ahh bad pot ehh . thanx I'll have to order1 and see.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »
THX for all the replies, I'm all over the place with these things right now . I'm forgeting to let the rudder go back to center alot , and basically trying to find a foot position thats comfortable .  I woke up this morning and my legs and butt  are sore as hell lol. I kinda like to have my whole foot on em right now so that i can push on 1 and pull the other , seems to make the input smoother .    38

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 03:34:12 PM »
after a week or so of using them, you'll get used to the pedals. All this talk about taking  a couple of months to get used them is a load of crap.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »
I made the transition to pedals 13 years ago so its not the most clear memory, but I dont remember it taking more than a week-10 days. :)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 05:29:55 PM »
if u fly twistys for 5 years it does take a little longer..some planes feel better with pedals some worse

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »
1)Setup / joystick / joystick settings and move rudder slidders up from left to right.  Make left slider about 40 % up from bottom and rest of sliders in almost straight diagonal to top right.  So the curve isn't so great in the whatsit box.  You may need to adjust dead band and damper to your prefered feel but leave it as it is for now.  To much dead band and damper undoes the slidders.  You'll get a feel and can adjust at a later date.

2)Shoes off.

3)Practise some rolls applying rudder the same way as roll.  

4)Make sure you centre rudder after applying.

5)Chace some poor sod around TA for a few hour.

6)Don't miss trying to shoot guys down:aok
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:11:06 PM by LYNX »

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Re: New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 07:31:54 PM »
Originally posted by 38ruk
Anyone have any tips to ease the transition from twisty to pedals ??  My pro pedals arrived today , and im giving it a go .  I cant believe the control you have with them , even thou i just started , there are slips and different things that are hard (if not inpossible ) to do with a twisty . Any tips or hints appreciated .  im gunna suck more than usuall for quite some time lol       38maw

Your not gona be alone, I ordered the CH stuff last week and it should be arriving here by Tues. or so .... Been on Microsoft SideWinders since before dirt , and I have been told the  learning curve is gonna be a bugger....

Bob/CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 02:27:14 AM »
I've got the USB model.  Occasionally I have to cycle mine back and forth in game to get them to respond with full sensitivity and range.  Anybody have comment or solution?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 04:56:22 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
after a week or so of using them, you'll get used to the pedals. All this talk about taking  a couple of months to get used them is a load of crap.

ack-ack

thats cause u only fly that Duel engine thingy ... try some of the other rides on peds .. (my jug was easy .. it was my other rides i had to compensate for )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
Re: Re: New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 12:48:20 AM »
Originally posted by CHECKERS
Your not gona be alone, I ordered the CH stuff last week and it should be arriving here by Tues. or so .... Been on Microsoft SideWinders since before dirt , and I have been told the  learning curve is gonna be a bugger....

Bob/CHECKERS

Give me a shout when u get ur stuff, we can go be pathetic in the da , or ta lol . Ive gotten alittle discouraged as of late , losing easy fights and missing easy shots . I left my stick unlocked so when i see my hand twist i try and use my feet in that direction lol, its gunna be more than a couple of weeks im afraid . Guess using a twisty for 10+years is gunna be hard to "unlearn" heh
38maw

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 12:55:31 AM »
One thing that helped me transition, was going out and spending time in attack mode straffing vehicles and objects.  The constant need for rudder to line up the shot was a good brain trainer for me.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 05:11:27 AM »
Thx murdr , ill give that a try 38

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 07:11:12 PM »
Murdr wrote
" One thing that helped me transition, was going out and spending time in attack mode straffing vehicles and objects. The constant need for rudder to line up the shot was a good brain trainer for me."

:o  (am I should be using rudder to line up shots?)

:cry  (I dont mind admitting I am a dope, I am able to learn by listening to advice from others) The more I know, the more I know how little I know... about lots of crap