Author Topic: New MA map  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
New MA map
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
Dont think this map SHOULD have a FT, which is why I'm not sure about the suggestion to move the trio closer together. If they're too close, wouldn't the captuer of one tend to shortly cause the fall of the other? Keeping them where they are might increase teh challenge, and the strategy...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
New MA map
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »
I actually like the FT over the water. The map itself needs to be bigger though. Framerates would fall through the floor. I think it would also get reset way too fast. 1 decent sized squad with alittle coordination could pretty much flatten an entire country's FH's.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
New MA map
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 02:47:30 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
I like the idea, would work well for 250 players, with more than that would have system over load in the hot spots.

HiTech

25 fields per side ... isn't that what we currently have on our smaller maps that we run today ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
New MA map
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
From what I can see ... there is no "FT" or "TT".

A map this small cannot support the FT/TT notion.

I like the overall idea of this map and its layout ... it just needs to be bigger. Last night I was checking out Trinity ... it has a total of 155 fields/objects (including CV groups). Get close to that on this map and you will have something.

If you make it bigger, you can then consider FT and/or TT notion(s).

PS ... thanks for this effort Speed <>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
New MA map
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »
i actually named it insomnia, since that is what its a product of. Took about 8 hours to put it all together. From 3am to 11am, before i crashed.

If anyone has the time to edit the picture, and add what they think is needed, that would be cool to.
I kind of picture normandy, for those front line 0k bases, with massive raids and furballs going on to take them. As the altitude rises, the defenders have the advantage over the attacker which would cause even larger raids, and so on. I also have all the strat factories in one place, represented by the white oval, which i think would be fun for the bomber pilots.

Hitech, do you think the map itself should be larger?

Pooface, I know what your saying about the country sizes. I was going to edit it before i posted, but figure it would be better to get opinions on the overall idea first.

Krusty, i think if i rebuild the map on a larger scale i would be able to add alot more fields and zones. There are only 4 zones at this point.

As far as the idea itself, its like anything, some people will love it, some people will say it's average, some people will say it sucks.

I hope more people put up ideas on maps, its the only way we'll get more into rotation. Have everyone contribute on the pros and cons, get a finished product, then have one of the map builders put it all together, so we can all have some fun.  I don't want this to be "MY" map, i'm a team player.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
New MA map
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
WTF? deleted for flame????

How is drawing a crappy 2 minute picture of pizza map considered flaming, HiTech?

ah ha......furballs....;)

i think it looks fun, why not?;)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
New MA map
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 03:21:31 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
bases look too far apart... I'd get bored pretty quick and find myself doing something else.

i agree with this, mabey summore ports along the water in the sectors that have nothing, and visa versa with sum gv bases on land where theres nothing in those sectors......

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
New MA map
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 03:44:22 PM »
i think if you made it bigger, and made the big hills even higher, to keep the steep slope going up, and perhaps, just perhaps put in a small island in the middle, with spawns from V bases, you could have a mini tank town for the GV guys, which i think would make it more popluar.

and when i said fighter town before, what i really mean is the 3 bases fairly close, so there would be some nice furballs over the water. not an all out FT, but you know, a place where you could find some good fights. i think if you work on it a little more, tweak it a little, it could be a really cool map:aok

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
New MA map
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »
More fields is a definate thing, looks good overall though.  I was going to suggest make "FT" bases super high in the sky but it was dumb so.....
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
New MA map
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 06:09:43 PM »
i wish they would post an explanation as to why when they edit out your messages... ?

fair enough if i did something wrong, but i am absolutely dumbstruck as to how anyone could find that offensive - please tell me how so i can accept it?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
New MA map
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
That looks ALOT like the old map in AH1. but it was alot bigger and had tons of island bases between the continents.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
New MA map
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »
Too symmetrical for my taste & the ports are too close to each other.  Those are the two things that jump out at me. I don't like tiny maps so I may have a prejudice. You did a fantastic job with paint though - nice wrok considering how hard it is to do good artwork with MS paint.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
New MA map
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 10:05:20 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
i wish they would post an explanation as to why when they edit out your messages... ?

fair enough if i did something wrong, but i am absolutely dumbstruck as to how anyone could find that offensive - please tell me how so i can accept it?

Name on the door...

(just watched Boston Legal)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
New MA map
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 10:15:39 PM »
Reminds me of the old Air Warrior days!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
New MA map
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »
I wish pizza map was possible for AH2
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women