Author Topic: Don't Shoot My Chute !  (Read 1473 times)

skippy

Don't Shoot My Chute !
« on: May 10, 2000, 02:02:00 AM »
Big deal !  I hear a ton of crying about so n so shot my chute ! I've been shot in my chute and I've shot some chutes, If someone bails out 10k near my base and there is activity at that base the chute can relay and he's just floatin down an prolly calling out alts and flight configs, he's DEAD. Course some peeps just like killing chutes for kicks and thats ok also , WARS HELL.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2000, 02:21:00 AM »

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2000, 03:02:00 AM »
Actually, I find it amusing. So funny to strafe chutes of cannon Hog dw....pilots  

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2000, 03:06:00 AM »
I find it depends on my mood.  If I'm in a good mood, I'll make passes at chutes just to scare them.  If I'm in a bad mood, I find that people whining about me shooting their chutes cheers me up.

Bailing vulchers definitely make the best targets.  

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2000, 03:34:00 AM »
Yep,
Shootin Chutes is ok by me, Now we just need to get HTC to do the effects for them. exploding body parts as the 20 mm from the hog rips them apart...A wash rack will be added at all major air fields to clean the blood & guts off of the windscreen / aircraft, this way the crew chief will not get pissed off!  

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done."

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 05-10-2000).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2000, 04:17:00 AM »
The first sign that someone needs to take a good long break from this game is when they scream bloody murder when their chutes get kilt.

Honour this, morals that... blah. The chutes didn't come into AH pre-programmed to blow up when fired at. Hitech sat down at his computer one Saturday afternoon and wrote the code wot makes 'em go boom.

If ya find yerself hangin' from a chute out in the open, ya messed up... in a couple of ways.  Killer's perogative now. Whatever his decision, take yer lumps and be a man about it.

----------------

Nash
Aces High Dweeb
=SBM= The Screamin' Blue Messiahs
"Oops... Rut roh..."

Offline Koed

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.valkieser.com
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2000, 05:14:00 AM »
I wish ramming into a pilot would do some damage.. or chopping up his chute with your props.. and vice versa too ofcourse..
I wonder if I could sky dive into someone cockpit and hit him over the head.. or drop on his tail and cut his control wires..or do a steep sky dive and smash his wings off..
or splatter his windshield with my blood..I wonder

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2000, 06:14:00 AM »
Hristo what do you mean with Cannon HOG dw ??

DW6

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2000, 06:37:00 AM »
I love shooting chute shooters when they're in their chutes.  Remember one battle by A20, I was with another knight capping the enemy who were hitting our nearby HQ.  Well, my buddy was damaged pretty bad and had to bail.  While floating those last 30 feet a P-38 driver calmly lined him up and killed him.  I promptly attacked, shredding one of those high aspect wings of his.  And, Lo!, what does he do?  He bails!  Happily I made a slow turn, then bore down on that 38 driver and cut him in two.  Or three, but probably more like double digits.  The birds and field mice fed well that day  

------------------

leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 05-10-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2000, 06:41:00 AM »
If you see me in a chute (which is quite often) PLEASE shoot it.  It just gets me back to my tower and replaning MUCH quicker  

Rob

ps.  Why all the fuss?
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »
HTC needs to give the pilots in Chute a weapon, then NO ONE will care if they get shot, because they will be busy trying to lay the golden bb into the cockpit of said assailant.

GIVE ME A B.A.R., or give me DEATH!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2000, 09:02:00 AM »
Its no big deal...unless people start whining about people that whine about it...
Shoot your chute if you must...If guy snivels about it then squelch him and move on..
But some people like the teasing the most and they are just anoying..
Me. When I bail I assume my chute is fair game...I dont know that WW2 pilots felt alot different than that.  
If I know who shot me..I will broadcast it on county channel so people can warm up their 7.92mm as well.
And as too raming the person in the chute...well what do you think a 220 lb bird strike is going to do do your plane...he he think of all the kinetic energy....

Offline Koed

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.valkieser.com
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
I've tried not opening my chute and drop head down with my spikehelmet into a lo fighter.. alas .. it hasnt been modeled yet... neither had the cloud of dust when I hit the ground at Mach2..

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
Keep in mind, that if one bails safely, they get something like, 1/3 or 2/3's of said points if they "land safely" without capture, however if they get killed in the chute, they lose points, so, in reality, shooting a chute represents that you are  stripping someone of point potential.

I personally never strafe chutes unless I have been strafed upon...out of respect more than anything.  It's already bad enough that you've stripped someone of their aircraft, let alone add insult to injury by strafing there chute (Now watch, I'll get strafed everytime I get shot down! LOL!)

Exception, if the pilot has landed near a friendly airfield, I will strafe him on the ground to prevent any "spy" from seeing what is launching from our field.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-10-2000).]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Don't Shoot My Chute !
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
I don't like it, I don't do it....but hell, it's just an opinion amognst other ar$*holes...errrr, Opinions  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.