Author Topic: Best fighter for immediate combat?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Best fighter for immediate combat?
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2006, 08:10:06 AM »
Simiral, Oldman, any others.............you guys assume to much, if you think I do not represent enough "professionalism" then I will kindly step out and let ya'll have it........

seems, ya'll know what is best anyways,  I expressed a personal view / opinion, I did not say it was written or a verified fact/statement or any other type thing......

if you can not find merit in anything I have posted, then I seriously think each of you finding fault in my replies should take a few minutes and think about it.....

where I was "possibly" a bit over or off the subject, I kindly corrected it with a follow up post.......

it seems some are just wanting to stir the pot now or get a rise out of someone, if that is what you are looking for, then I will rise myself right up out of here....

if people don't want their replys picked apart, then  think before you type, as for Schatzi, she is wonderful,  and I truly appreciate her efforts in helping everyone she can, she knows how I feel, and I made my apology to her.......

so get off of it...........<----is that professional enough for all of you?  you want to see my ill side of my personality? I am not defending a damn thing, Simiral, and oldman go play in your CT arena be happy getting vulched  trying to get the vulcher.............there!  there is the rise you all wanted to draw out .......have fun with it
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2006, 08:33:09 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak

Edit - um...  guys...? Not to anyone in particular and not excluding anyone in particular, but I think we're all scaring the children, if ya know what I mean.

:aok
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2006, 09:11:58 AM »
Edit - um...  guys...? Not to anyone in particular and not excluding anyone in particular, but I think we're all scaring the children, if ya know what I mean.

Good point.  I offer my apologies to TC and to Ren.

It's valuable experience for the kids, though, prepares them for later life.

- oldman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2006, 10:30:26 AM »
This forum is open to anyone who is willing to help people with the game.  It is the primary forum for the Trainers to help people as well.

In this thread there are two distinct roles being discussed which is causing a clash.  The role of the trainer is to provide aid and assistance to the player who wishes to improve thier flight skills.

Then there is the role of gameplay.  Gameplay is chosen by the player and not taught by the trainer.  Trainers cannot alter human behavior.  They only impart information to those who are looking to improve the quality of thier gameplay.

You cannot mix these two fundamentally different ideas in a conversation without stepping on toes.  Anyone attempting to coerce other players into thier style of gameplay is wrong to do so.  It is one thing to offer up the different styles, but it is an entirely different matter when one attempts to force other players to play 'thier' game.

Telling another player they are wrong in the way they wish to play the game is akin to telling someone they should not like Apple pie as Cherry is much better.  You are wasting your time and just creating friction in doing this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2006, 10:39:55 AM »
Skuzzy, as guilty as I am for doing that...  You should add that as a sticky to the General forum.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline zelo13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2006, 05:55:51 PM »
while i've played this game for quite a while, i haven't participated in the boards up until a week or two ago. i guess this was the "accelerated" crash course for me.

it's been weird, funny, tense and all of the other things that go along with getting a bunch of diverse opinions in the same place.

TC--apology accepted and please accept my own apology. i shoulda just let the whole thing go and while i'm old enough to know better at times i'm also dumb enough to get into it anyways.

Skuzzy--thanks for the calm demeanor and clarity.

no matter what state the game is in, i still think it's the best thing going. we may all be different but in our passion for this game, we are also the same.

see you all in the MA where we can rip each other to pieces in a more civilized manner :)

best,

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »
oldman, zelo, Simaril, my apologys as well,  no worries  ......

must of been a FULL MOON recently or something.......

Thank you for posting Skuzzy,

and to all of you, I do not think I am  any type of Saint in this particular thread.......

as for who post here and who doesn't, as Skuzzy said this Forum is for EVERYONE.......and we ( Trainers and the whole AH Community ) appreciate the volunteered postings of help and suggestions from everyone.......

see you all in the AH Skies........ ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2006, 08:36:04 AM »
Ahhh I love you guys :D

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2006, 08:41:50 AM »
:)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BlckMgk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:59 AM »
109-g14 with 25% fuel, the 1x20mm and 2x12.7mm gun package.

This thing will climb like a bat outta hell.

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2006, 07:48:59 PM »
For base defense, Hurri2C.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2006, 01:24:53 AM »
Originally posted by BlckMgk
109-g14 with 25% fuel, the 1x20mm and 2x12.7mm gun package.

This thing will climb like a bat outta hell.

Haha, yea... it'll climb like a bat outta hel for 3 minutes... then it'll be out of gas.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2006, 11:23:54 AM »
Well at any rate, I think the original poster got many good responses on how to do what he asked, why he shouldn't be frustrated when he does it, and alternative suggestions to keep him from hurtling his joystick at the screen when frustration does indeed kick in.

I'd say it's time for a group hug :D

eww.

I was the original poster and I got lots of awesome answers, thank you to those who took the time.

I don't get frustrated when I die, I try to record my flights and see where exactly I lost SA or made the mistake that got me dead.  Upping from a vulched field is a bad odds scenario at best, and I realize that. Sometimes though it can be a lot of fun if the FH is still up, one time I dropped onto the field with a 38 in my sights and whacked him without even starting my engine.

Dying is part of the game, and while I play cautiously sometimes, you gotta get in there and find out what works and what doesn't.  it's not about scores for me.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »
il2s

and ive been messed up preety bad before trying vulch ki67's

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2006, 02:31:37 PM »
Spit XVI or IL2

The Spit16 with it's twin 50cal and twin 20mm combined with the turning lets you put up a good fight.

The IL2 is slow, tuff and it has some BIG cannon. I hit a F4U at about 1000yds, one cannon round found it's mark and down he went. Sure it was a lucky shot but, it taught me to respect those guns.