Author Topic: views help  (Read 351 times)

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
views help
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:19:02 AM »
I'm just starting AH. I'm trying to get better acquainted with the view system. I'm not interested in TrackIR. I've used panning and snap views in other games. I prefer panning, but the panning in AH is really slow. Is there some way of speeding it up? Also, in pan view, is there some way of snapping back from some random view to straight forward?

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
views help
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:43:44 AM »
no, not really. however the snap views are far better for combat, and so, if i were you, just practise with them a  bit, get used to them, and use snapview. far better for your SA:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
views help
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
Make sure you got them mapped correctly for maximum efficiency in viewing.

If you use a hatswitch on Joystick for view, you have forward, back, left and right view as well as their combinations. Additionally, you can (should) map one button to view UP, which again can be combined with the other 8 views. Together with the default center view, this gives you 18 views altogether. Adjust head positions for each view and plane seperatly - arrow keys, page up/down, F10 to save.

Basically the same works for keyboard (check your key map to make adjustments)

If you need help with that, holler.

Welcome to Aces High :).

PS: Heres a link you might find useful. http://www.netaces.org/ahview/view.html#title. Make sure you take a look at the rest of Net Aces.... great page.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:53:16 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
views help
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:44:35 PM »
It's odd how the various games have different viewing mechanisms. Not all of them allow one to combine the up key with the hat. I used to use that combo in WB, but I'm now in the habit of panning. I agree that snap views are generally superior, but not when filming, for example.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
views help
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »
AH has one of the best viewing systems out there :).  You can even map an "over the nose view" by moving your head position for the forward view all the way UP (page up) and to one side.

For filming, i recommend you record the film in game with the ALT_R command. Then, watching the film with film viewer (is included in the game installment) you can get just about every view you wish. External, pan, padlock, chase, fixed........
21 is only half the truth.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Re: views help
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »
Originally posted by drkorf
I'm just starting AH. I'm trying to get better acquainted with the view system. I'm not interested in TrackIR. I've used panning and snap views in other games. I prefer panning, but the panning in AH is really slow. Is there some way of speeding it up? Also, in pan view, is there some way of snapping back from some random view to straight forward?

Don't know exactly what set up you have but.....
Pan view (F8)....I don't think you can change the speed of..

Mouse panning (shift-M) will give you all the speed you need. I used to have the joystick in my right, and mouse in my left.....poor man's trackir.

I use a Saitek 52 now...and use the little mouse stck on the throttle.

my hat is set for snap view.....

the 'F1' key will default you to straight ahead