Author Topic: Operation Downfall  (Read 6874 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Operation Downfall
« on: June 11, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »
163s?262s?:huh

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
Dont forget the 234s:aok

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 04:35:43 PM »
234's........... :O

Man I hope I can play in this one.....

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Operation Downfall
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »
LoL, looks like ill have to pass this one :). Cant do younger then 1941 ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Operation Downfall
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 07:21:17 PM »
The Chance to participate in the battle that Almost happened ...

Decision to Invade the Japanese Homeland.

After successful landings on Luzon in January 1945, military planners began to seriously analyze the task of invading the Japanese home islands. The Army Chief of Staff, General George C. Marshall, and most Army leaders believed that an invasion was necessary to bring about Japan's unconditional surrender. However, Admiral Ernest King, Chief of Naval Operations, and General Hap H. Arnold, Army Air Forces Chief of Staff, believed that Japan was on the verge of collapse and that a continued naval and air blockade and bombardment, would produce Japan's surrender. In late April 1945, just one week after Truman reiterated what had been Roosevelt's policy of unconditional surrender, an intelligence report prepared for the Joint Chiefs of Staff warned that unconditional surrender could not be forced upon the Japanese before the middle or latter part of 1946 without a land campaign on the Japanese home islands. Therefore, in April 1945, at the height of the Luzon and Okinawa campaigns, the Joint Chiefs of Staff instructed Admiral Nimitz and General MacArthur to make plans and preparations for an attack on Japan. Admiral King opposed any landing in Japan; he was convinced that the Japanese Army had great advantages on their home islands, and only consented to the invasion after Admiral Nimitz recommended in favor of it. On 25 May 1945, the JCS issued a directive to begin formal planning for the campaign, code-named "Operation Downfall," which was to force Japan's unconditional surrender. Operation Downfall was divided into two major operations, Operation Olympic, the invasion of the island of Kyushu to be executed in the fall of 1945.and Operation Coronet, the invasion of Honshu, scheduled for the spring of 1946.

Here it is Guys in a nutshell .... the Biggest Battle planned yet . We are using any and all elements available to us .

Possistions open  for CV/task group Comanders , GV /assault groups, Fighter groups, Bomber groups , and of course Kamakazi's .

Lives will not be limited .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Operation Downfall
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 10:51:23 PM »
Originally posted by duh
163s?262s?:huh

The Japanese got 163's and 262's from their German allies (among many other aircraft, tanks, ships, etc., and licenses for manufacture).  They produced some 163's as the Mitsubishi J8M/Ki-200 "Shusui" and some 262's as the Nakajima Ki-201 "Karyuu".

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 01:04:10 AM »
planset/gv set sounds weird
are you guys plane recruit separatly ground and air units or there will be another ambush like last time?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 01:31:58 AM »
gvs will be capture and resupply mostly .. most of Operation Downfall will be a Air sepremacy battle ... with plenty of action ... you like exotic late war planes ,well this is it .

There will be a place  and time for every aspect of the game thru-out the senario ,,, Dont worrie about getting stuck in a gv for the whole senario because its not designed to play out that way.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 01:32:50 AM »
i heard that last time too ;-)

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:58:46 AM »
ramzey,  you starting already?

One more time.  We didn't ambush you.  We gave the CO choices, they made them, take it up with them.

They will have choices in this one as well, I suggest you get involved in Their decisions as to what to use and when.
ROC

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
ramzey,  you starting already?

One more time.  We didn't ambush you.  We gave the CO choices, they made them, take it up with them.

They will have choices in this one as well, I suggest you get involved in Their decisions as to what to use and when.

Do i see a XO possistion in Ramzey's future :D
Roscoroo ,

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
Do i see a XO possistion in Ramzey's future :D
:rofl
I love that idea, or maybe CO.  But hey, Ramzey's our reality checker.  What would one of these be without Ramzey in here stirring the pot, it's been his job as long as I've been here.:aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 07:04:19 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
:rofl
I love that idea, or maybe CO.  But hey, Ramzey's our reality checker.  What would one of these be without Ramzey in here stirring the pot, it's been his job as long as I've been here.:aok

Time to time , somone outside "CM mafia" ;)  have to point som not wisest ideas
As for CO, never! Im good (at list i was ) in leading group or squadron and i can proove it again :)
Jordi is easy to catch in "be CO" trap :)

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
Operation Downfall
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »
How do you know if they are wise or not if you stay on the outside looking at just Snippets of the event?   :D

Or is it the whole Mafia thing that get's you?  Once you're in we won't let you go?  

:noid

hehe, welcome to the next event Ramzey :)  Really wouldn't be the same without you here, ya know.
ROC