Author Topic: Vehicle fields, ports and zones.  (Read 818 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Vehicle fields, ports and zones.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »
Thanks Dux, I hadn't seen that.

To make a long story short, I porked my test terrain and called Skuzzy and confirmed that all fields need to be set as Group Masters and the Object Data field determines if they're Airfields, Vehicle Bases or Ports.  He walked me through the steps, I'm still learning something everyday.

IIRC I've had trouble setting the Object Data field when Group Master was first selected so it's something I want to look into while building a new test terrain from scratch. It's about time I build a new one anyway, my old one is a mess.:lol

And yeah, I wonder about that dropdown list too, having it active when you select Group Master would confirm you're supposed to use Group Master and set the field type.  Maybe in the next revision...
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline English

• Zinc Member
Success
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 04:43:02 PM »
Cool, got everything sussed so it would seem 4 airfields, 2 ports, 2 CVs and 2 zones. Everythings labeled correctly and functioning ok.
Problem turned out to be zones were too close together and some erroneous object data.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice.

Cheers

Offline English

• Zinc Member
CV problem
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 06:37:33 AM »
One tiny problem...When a CV group gets destroyed it stays where it is and then seems to regenerate after a certain time. What am I missing to enable it to return to where it started from and respawn??

Thanks again in advance for any help

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: CV problem
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 07:45:42 AM »
Originally posted by English
One tiny problem...When a CV group gets destroyed it stays where it is and then seems to regenerate after a certain time. What am I missing to enable it to return to where it started from and respawn??

Thanks again in advance for any help
Have you set an initial route for the CV group where it spawns?
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline English

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: CV problem
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Have you set an initial route for the CV group where it spawns?

No I haven't, it is stationary at the start of the map.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 08:51:37 AM »
Try setting an initial route, even if it's very small.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline English

• Zinc Member
re: CV problem
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »
I have set an initial route but on the object checker it is saying that my 2 opposing CVs have no map room!!

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 12:20:43 PM »
They do need a map room. Look at any map and you'll find map rooms way off in a corner somewhere. Those are the CV map rooms.

Offline English

• Zinc Member
Adding to a map
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 12:27:20 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
They do need a map room. Look at any map and you'll find map rooms way off in a corner somewhere. Those are the CV map rooms.

Ok I'll sort that out. Meanwhile I added 2 new airfields to my map and labeled them correctly, zoned them, allocated them bish and knight correctly (h2h map) but the new airfields are either coming up wrong country or it changes original fields countries. I've double checked everything too, is this a glitch in the TE?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
Whenever you make changes to field ownership, exit the TE and restart before building. At least that's what I've found.