Author Topic: My Avatar  (Read 2031 times)

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Avatar
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:12:33 AM »
OK, I show up today after having my Avatar for over a year and it's been removed. Could you please let me know why? I mean there are cartoon girls on saturday mornings more sedutive and revealing then the one I used.

I guess what bothers me most is not even getting the respect of an e-mail to ask me to remove it and give a reason why (i.e. Someone complained, we have posted rules against this type of Avatar or something) Just...Poof...gone is not very professional at all, especially since it has been fine for over a year. If it had only been up a week or so it would be totally different in my eyes.

In all the time I have had this Avatar only 1 person didn't like it. We discussed it and came to a mature and mutual agreement. He put me on his ignor list and he didn't have to view it again. Then the other 99% that liked it along with myself could enjoy it.

I know an Avatar is not really any big deal, but it's the principle of the thing that it was removed without any forewarning. I know this is HT's playground and he can do whatever he deems nessessary, but that doesn't mean it was handled the most professional way.

I could and should have e-mailed this concern, but I thought what the hec, I didn't get one and I also was wondering how many honestly were offended by my Avatar? And how many liked it?

If your going to censor one type of Avatar that really isn't bad in the eyes of the majority then to me you should just ban Avatars all together. Anyway I am sure this will get locked for what ever reason.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:04:53 AM by Skuzzy »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
My Avatar
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:18:44 AM »
because JBxx? showed us real boobs.:D And they were bigger than yours.

Both looked good. :aok
I am a spy!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
My Avatar
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:20:05 AM »
I've been around awhile and I KNOW they aren't real.

..I don't need confusion at this point in my life.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
My Avatar
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:20:37 AM »
I guess skuzzy isn't a boob man.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
My Avatar
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:59:48 AM »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
My Avatar
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:14:38 AM »
I love Sherman's Lagoon! lol!

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
My Avatar
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 01:43:44 AM »
I miss the boobie avatars, I really do.  Dang, I should have coppied them all, I knew it, I knew it. Oh well.:cry

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
My Avatar
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 02:10:46 AM »
I have no idea why you are shocked/suprised that the jiggling jubblies avatars are disappearing. You should have expected it when the CPID's were over-censored a few weeks back. HTC over-reacts, but at least they over-react in a consistant way.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
My Avatar
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 02:26:16 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy

An image you select or create to represent yourself to other parties in a chat, instant messaging (IM), or bulletin board session.

It seems we either need to clean them up or turn them off as they are currently being abused. Avatars are meant to be a fun representation of you and not something to be used to shock or awe people.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181032
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Avatar
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 03:17:51 AM »
OOZ that's great but it wasn't posted over a year ago when i started using it. It is also in a standard thread not located in the admin section where they place there forum rules. (not that I read the forum rules everyday either) I don't read every thread in the General forum.

Main point is the way they did, not being professional enough to shoot me an e-mail asking me to remove it due to what ever reason they deemed for changing there minds on what is Now exceptable. In the time it took them to remove it, place that, "I need a decent avatar" Avatar in it's place (which to me is kinda childish, they could have just left it blank) they could have PM'd me letting me know the reason for wanting it removed.

I may not have been happy or agreeded with there decidion, but at least they were professional and curtious enough to inform me. I can respect that and i would have removed it with no issue.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:20:49 AM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
My Avatar
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 03:33:54 AM »
Hondo, I miss your avatar and you have all of my solidarity. I hope they will bring it back.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
My Avatar
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 05:01:25 AM »
i dont see anythin wrong wit it, watch mtv and u see worst:D , and if i really really want to see "things" like that.... im on the internet, theres millions of sites that have "things" like that.:lol

I figured htc would have just pm'd u, and if they killed off the old one they should have just left it blank.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
My Avatar
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 05:08:09 AM »
My wife will kill me but....

Save SFCHONDO's AVATAR.......

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
My Avatar
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 06:18:01 AM »
Originally posted by Clutz
I miss the boobie avatars, I really do.  Dang, I should have coppied them all, I knew it, I knew it. Oh well.:cry

Check PMs Clutz.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
My Avatar
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 09:41:31 AM »
First JB28's avatar now Hondo's.... I'll tell ya this place is going down hill real fast.  Won't be long now before sheep start disappearing..... Before long even smilie face avatars will be suspect. "Hey what you smilin about...you smilin at me?!!" (smilie avatar disappears)