Author Topic: Join window.  (Read 454 times)

Offline 556recon

• Zinc Member
Join window.
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »
It may just be bad luck but, Several time while in a GV I have gotten the"XXX wishes to join you".  It totally blocks your view.   I have been killed 2 because of this as I was in the heat of battle.
Some thoughts on this:

1. have the box appear in a lower corner and smaller so it does not block a persons view.

2. in preferences allow to check abox that automaticall declines.  
    or in the cases where joining is not allowed (GV's or other craft with out multiple positions) do not even follow thru with the request to join.  

556 RECON

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Join window.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 09:50:44 AM »
.showjoin 0 or click on MESSAGE next time box pops up. The setting is arena specific.

No more box, only a message in your radio buffer. got to use .accept/.decline commands.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Join window.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 07:34:44 PM »
Schatzi is bang on as usual :)

Just to make it a little more clear. To get rid of the pop up box, when you log into the arena bring your radio task bar up (hit the / key) type in    .showjoin 0

Make sure you put the period at the front and the 0 is "zero".

You will only have to do this once in each arena you fly in. It will save and stay that way until you change it.

Voila!  no more pop up! Join requests will now appear in your text buffer (in white text IIRC).

cheers....

Hi Schatzi!

RTR
The Damned

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Join window.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 07:41:04 PM »
Hey RTR!! >>S<<

Just watched "Dance of the Hurricane" again - still an awesome job you did. Thank you!!

Im not sure, isnt the join request golden? Anyway, thanks for being more clear then in was :)!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Join window.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 09:55:52 AM »
golden it is!

heh, yer most welcome.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned