Author Topic: Death to Ameerika....  (Read 5319 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
you might want to take a look at that "Civilian infrastructure" and ask yourself if you are now a victim of "free press propaganda....
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,19955774-5007220,00.html

No im not.

article says nothing new.

Poweplants, roads etc is civilian infrastructure. So are houses.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 10:38:14 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
No im not.

The enemie's army is 75,000 strong. Would it be prudent to take out the infrastructure as to make it difficult for the enemy to execute war?  Just curious as to what you find "off limits" in war, and give examples when civilian infrastructure was NOT targeted in any war....

Slightly off topic, but I thought this Dec 2005 article was very interesting:

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/guess-whos-coming-to-iftar/42/

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 10:49:55 AM »
The enemie's army is 75,000 strong. Would it be prudent to take out the infrastructure as to make it difficult for the enemy to execute war?  Just curious as to what you find "off limits" in war, and give examples when civilian infrastructure was NOT targeted in any war....

Slightly off topic, but I thought this Dec 2005 article was very interesting:

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/guess-whos-coming-to-iftar/42/

They are taking out lebanons infrastructure.. to get at someone else.

What is it now...over 700 lebanese civilians killed and much of their economy layes in ruins. Israel tells folks to evacuate while preventing them to do so by bombing the exit roads and starving their fuel supply.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »
No im not.

This ifrastructure allows the enemy to wage war IE roads and bridges are legitimate supply lines (presumably from syria)  Houses....well what better place to hide.  Nilsen there's a new story brewing that the Qana "incident" happened 8 hours after the IDF attack and the hezbollah is milking this tragedy for all it's worth.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »
They are taking out lebanons infrastructure.. to get at someone else.

What is it now...over 700 lebanese civilians killed and much of their economy layes in ruins. Israel tells folks to evacuate while preventing them to do so by bombing the exit roads and starving their fuel supply.

How many Frenchmen died due to infrastructure bombing in WW2? How many in Holland? How about Afghanistan when the Taliban seized power? What war did NOT involve civilians dying needlessly while infrastructure was taken out? Thats my point...and Hezbollah could have prevented this but there is a bigger power struggle taking place here, instigated by Iran.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »
How many Frenchmen died due to infrastructure bombing in WW2? How many in Holland? How about Afghanistan when the Taliban seized power? What war did NOT involve civilians dying needlessly while infrastructure was taken out? Thats my point...and Hezbollah could have prevented this but there is a bigger power struggle taking place here, instigated by Iran.

I know.. but ww2 is a different war at a different time so you cant compare them really.

I cant rember defendig talibans actions in afghanistan, and neither has the international community.

I get your point.. War = civilian losses, and mistakes and accidents may happen. Still dont have to like it or accept needless destruction.

Israel and USA are allies so its natural for america to always back Israel but this time they have gone too far in my opinion... and that is my opinion. Ofcourse that may label me as a terrorist supporter but that is not my problem.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
Hezbollah means "Army of God" or Army of Allah.  It is financially backed by Iran and has been since around 1982. (you remember the 200+ marines dying to a Hezbollah suicide terrorist in 1983) You must ask yourself this question when wondering why Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers: "Would Iran want an unstable middle east?"  The answer to this question is an undoubtable "Yes".  Now you know the bigger powers of influence here.  I'm quite certain Iran is praying that Israel accidently hits Syria so that Iran has its case for attacking Israel.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »
I know.. but ww2 is a different war at a different time so you cant compare them really.

I cant rember defendig talibans actions in afghanistan, and neither has the international community.

I get your point.. War = civilian losses, and mistakes and accidents may happen. Still dont have to like it or accept needless destruction.

Israel and USA are allies so its natural for america to always back Israel but this time they have gone too far in my opinion... and that is my opinion. Ofcourse that may label me as a terrorist supporter but that is not my problem.

Nils alot of us are saying that the Hezbollah are fighting an enormous propaganda war as well.  What would seem like legitimate targets are being twisted and milked in the media to no end.  There's all this outrage and speculation of the IDF "intentional" tageting of civilians and all that does is shift focus from the fact that Hezbollah ONLY TARGET civilians as seen with their rocket attacks.  Every time there's an incident there seems to be more and more press photographers and writers almost falling over eachother ready to write the condemnation of Israel.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 11:21:05 AM »
Hezbollah means "Army of God" or Army of Allah.  It is financially backed by Iran and has been since around 1982. (you remember the 200+ marines dying to a Hezbollah suicide terrorist in 1983) You must ask yourself this question when wondering why Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers: "Would Iran want an unstable middle east?"  The answer to this question is an undoubtable "Yes".  Now you know the bigger powers of influence here.  I'm quite certain Iran is praying that Israel accidently hits Syria so that Iran has its case for attacking Israel.

Nobody on this BBS are supporting Hizbollah (afaik). They are rodants that needs to go away, and there is no doubt that they are sponsored by both Iran and Syria. These things are universally known facts that nobody here disagrees on. Its the way israel goes about taking them out that is beeing questioned. If i rememeber correctly even Caligula and Bozon agreed that Israel went too far in responce to the kidnapping that got this recent escalation started.

Lebanon is a very fragile country that has only recently been released (sort of) from syria. The economy was slowly improving given time they may have had the power to control their own country. As it is they dont have full control but these things takes time. With recent events Hezbollah are winning support in Lebanon. In the short term they are sertainly loosing both "soldiers" and equipment but in the long run this will strenghten them.

Lets agree to disagree.. I have plenty of things to do. My last day at work today before i hand over to my dad tomorrow so this discussion will have to way from my end. Feel free to keep it going tho :)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Nils alot of us are saying that the Hezbollah are fighting an enormous propaganda war as well.  What would seem like legitimate targets are being twisted and milked in the media to no end.  There's all this outrage and speculation of the IDF "intentional" tageting of civilians and all that does is shift focus from the fact that Hezbollah ONLY TARGET civilians as seen with their rocket attacks.  Every time there's an incident there seems to be more and more press photographers and writers almost falling over eachother ready to write the condemnation of Israel.

I know they are.. I doubt anyone is really buying into their propaganda tho, but Israel is not helping any. If they had refrained from giving the press anything to work with they would be better off..
I mean if there is a shread of indication that there may be civis near a target then you swallow that "camel :D" and go for the safe targets. That way you have your bellybutton in the dry even if it means leaving some targets intact.

Enjoy the thread... I may return to it when i have time :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 11:26:06 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Exactly.

Israel has gone too far? how about Hezbollah has gone too far...?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 11:27:05 AM »
Exactly.

Israel has gone too far? how about Hezbollah has gone too far...?

Hezbollah went too far the day they fired their first rocket or exploded their first bomb. That is a given.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 11:33:01 AM »
Hezbollah went too far the day they fired their first rocket or exploded their first bomb. That is a given.
Nilsen, I respect your opinions very much. You seem to be a very intelligent person who knows the issues well.  I have a question for you. Why do you think Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »

Lebanon is a very fragile country that has only recently been released (sort of) from syria. The economy was slowly improving given time they may have had the power to control their own country. As it is they dont have full control but these things takes time. With recent events Hezbollah are winning support in Lebanon. In the short term they are sertainly loosing both "soldiers" and equipment but in the long run this will strenghten them.

Ever think that's why this watermelon was started in the first place.

*Iran/Syria*

Hmm oohhhh noo Lebanon starting to become to self reliant.
If it gets to peaceful there and people start finding out being next door to Israel is a good thing...we're screwed. They will toss Hezbollah toadies out of the political offices they now hold.
Better tell those Hezbollah dipchits to get there arses in gear before the Lebanese get a clue and run em out of there.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Death to Ameerika....
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 11:41:10 AM »
Nilsen, I respect your opinions very much. You seem to be a very intelligent person who knows the issues well.  I have a question for you. Why do you think Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers?

Well thank you and ditto.

Officially it was to get prisoners released by trade. Their real goal was ocourse to get media attention and to spark some sort of reaction by Israel.

And to answer your next question :D.. why do we and the press let them have that attention?

Human nature I suppose and free press that "has" to report such things.. Israel played it right into their hands by goig all out against them and surrounding targets.

now... i really have to go.