Author Topic: Deflection/Snap shots  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
I there anything I can do to im prove my deflection shooting? The reason I ask is because I've only been playin this game for about 6 months and for these 6 months my aircraft of choice has been a 109 (any 109)... Recently I have gotten into flying P-47's and for the past 4 nights or so been flying nothing but  D-40's....

Now because of me being used to saddle up on someone in a 109 my delfection shooting and snapshots abilities are awful... Since flying the jugs I have noticed that they are far heavier and less manueverable than the 109's and also the probability of me being able to sadlle up on someone is very slim, so I have to rely on deflection/snap shots to get my kills....

If anyone has any adive on my situation it would be greatly appreciated..

And BTW I HAVE been flying with some guys from the 56th FG to see if they can help me out with this issue..
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »
My advice? Pick a point where you think you're ready to fire, then move the target WAY the heck further out. Whatever you estimate, multiply by 5.

THEN fire.

Oh, and also you don't have to worry about firing too far out in most angles shots, just hold the trigger down until he flies through the rounds.

That works best on 50-cal planes (more rounds in the air to hit)

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »
I tried that but the damn plane always flies just under or just over my hail of Lead...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:04:09 PM »
Don't forget rudder kicks to get your nose under in certain situations. If you're banked one way and it looks like he's going to sail right past you, full rudder can bring the nose down fast (but then you're firing blind under the nose -- sometimes works for me sometimes not).

If you're working on deflection/snapshots it all depends on relative speed of the enemy, relative angle to their path, and all that jazz. If you can, try practicing on bombers. If you make slashing attacks from the front quarter (45 degrees or so) you'll really learn when and where to shoot, and  you'll find you usually don't open up soon enough. for snapshots don't be afraid to spray early.

Others, better skilled than I, could probably help more.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 04:06:20 AM »
One way to practice deflection shooting is going offline and kill the drones. But fly in a circle *clockwise*, opposite direction of the drones, and with a bit of alt "advantage". If you have trouble hitting them at all, use the Lead Computed Gunsight to give you an idea of where to aim.

Also, do you have a forward view set up? Look forward (KP 8 or hat up) - i have the head set all the way up and to one side, to get a better view over the nose.

The trick for deflection shooting is SA - anticipation. *Know* where the opponent is without seeing him. Estimate his position fro his last vector, angle and speed. Now, this sounds very complicated but it in fact really isnt that much. Its a mix of practice, experience and intuition. Practice it with the drones, they are not exactly know for their erratic maneuvering ;) - that helps a lot at first.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
Platan0, get ahold of me and we will work out those issues you type of.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:27:29 AM »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »
I got 10

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
Deflection Shooting Practice

Damm that game.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:04:30 AM »
6, but iwas on the phone with a customer.

Offline gobucks

• Zinc Member
HUAH
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »
Wow, that is addictive.

Only got to 9.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 03:17:34 PM »

But dont let that fool you, im still a crappy shot ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 08:51:41 AM »
you didnt get 11

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 12:47:26 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
Deflection Shooting Practice

got 16.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Deflection/Snap shots
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 05:20:08 AM »
16??

do me a favor and stay out of ostwinds m16s and ground guns when your not on knights, far to dangerous !