Author Topic: idea for bomber perks  (Read 2655 times)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
I can't see htc adding more drones because the formations would constantly be used for killing the HQ by one guy at a time.  Take 10 Lancasters and the odds are, enough will get through. Next, imagine the strat dead all over the map, killed by a single dedicated buff squad in each country.

Actually, taking out HQ just results in a massive resupply effort, back up in no time.  Unless you prok the fields around it, and take out the zone city, the effect does not last long enough to bother with HQ raids.  

And, Id guess an upper limit of six total planes would be in order for 1 pilot.

My wish for the larger boxes would be to take on strat targets....the cities and factories.... Bring them into the game more.  

Defending fighters would be the response to larger buff flights.  And remember, wed lose perks for all the buffs we dont get home.  Not like we would all be upping extra drones all the time.... not cost effective that way.  I doubt the extra turrents would prove very effective either .... drones seem to fire a bit off from your target.  No real calibration there.

Offline skysnipr

• Zinc Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 08:40:35 PM »
Yeah, but you would have to be really careful not to make sharp turns and lose your drones. That would be a pretty dumb way to lose perks.

Offline richard_rd

• Copper Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 10:33:53 PM »
The following would be a simple modification for HiTech to add to the game, but would give a new use for bomber perks and also improve gameplay by eliminating the dweebish bomber tatic that has taken over the MA known as "Drop Load and Auger".

If you have the formation box checked and you want to take  the 2 drones with your bomber it will cost you 100 perks.   This way there will be incentive for the bombers to complete their mission and land their drones at a base or they will be loosing perk points.  

Something like this:

If you don't check the formation box and only take a single bomber it costs no Perks

If you check the formation box it costs you 100 Perks but you now have 3 bombers

Sucessfully land all 3 bombers and you get the 100 perks back

Land 2 bombers and you get 75 perks back

Land 1 bomber and you get 50 perks back

Land 0 bombers and you loose all 100 perks

This way the Bombers are rewarded for compleating their mission instead of the dweebish "Drop and Auger" tatics that are starting to get out of control in the MA now!!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 10:42:14 PM by richard_rd »

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »
Originally posted by richard_rd
The following would be a simple modification for HiTech to add to the game, but would give a new use for bomber perks and also improve gameplay by eliminating the dweebish bomber tatic that has taken over the MA known as "Drop Load and Auger".

If you have the formation box checked and you want to take  the 2 drones with your bomber it will cost you 200 perks.   This way there will be incentive for the bombers to complete their mission and land their drones at a base or they will be loosing perk points.  

Something like this:

If you don't check the formation box and only take a single bomber it costs no Perks

If you check the formation box it costs you 200 Perks but you now have 3 bombers

Sucessfully land all 3 bombers and you get the 200 perks back

Land 2 bombers and you get 150 perks back

Land 1 bomber and you get 100 perks back

Land 0 bombers and you loose all 200 perks

This way the Bombers are rewarded for compleating their mission instead of the dweebish "Drop and Auger" tatics that are starting to get out of control in the MA now!!!!

For the buff pilots this would work. They have 1,000s stored away. But for those who look to fighters more or new players. 200 would take a long time to get. I think 100 is more fair for all.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline richard_rd

• Copper Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 10:43:17 PM »
Agree, 100 works better, I modified my
Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
10 would work much better.

100 is ludicrous considering how insignificant the additional bombers are.

They miss the target and their guns are mostly useless against attacking fighters.

Even 10 is a silly concept though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2006, 11:35:16 PM »
I LOVE THAT I IDEA!!! As a bomber guy, I think this is awesome, because the more planes I can have in the air at once, the cooler!!!

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 02:22:49 PM »

If you have the formation box checked and you want to take  the 2 drones with your bomber it will cost you 100 perks.   This way there will be incentive for the bombers to complete their mission and land their drones at a base or they will be loosing perk points.  

Something like this:

Okay, then, how do you propose to punish the fiter-dweebs who's claim to defensive tactics is to: up, HO and ram, up, HO and ram, up, HO and ram.... as fast as they can against attackers?  Often without taking damage themselves?  I've been having fighters ram my buffs in flight as well lately.

Or fiters that suddenly start to warp wildly when you get on their six?

Tired of arcade antics of the MA, try the SEA then.  Much more mature.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »

Something like this:

If you check the formation box it costs you 100 Perks but you now have 3 bombers

Sucessfully land all 3 bombers and you get the 100 perks back

Land 2 bombers and you get 75 perks back

Land 1 bomber and you get 50 perks back

Thats how you know the fighter dweebs. Real bomber guys land it all!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 04:10:46 PM »
And this would improve gameplay how? By making it easier to sink a fleet? By making it easier to take down the hangars? By making it easier to carpet bomb the spawn points in the TT areas? By making it easier to pork strat targets and HQ? By making it easier to piss off a lot more people? By making it easier to survive NOE bombing runs? Who would try to intercept a formation of 8 planes with between 20 and 40 syncronized guns firing back at them?

I'm just not seeing this as accomplishing anything that is good for HTC.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Who would try to intercept a formation of 8 planes with between 20 and 40 syncronized guns firing back at them?

I WOULD :D

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
Well....if more drones bother people THAT much...fine....just give us buff drivers one or two planes worth spending perkies on,other that the Arado.

I vote for the A-26B-60-DL Invader....again.....  :t

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 02:38:25 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
And this would improve gameplay how? By making it easier to sink a fleet? By making it easier to take down the hangars? By making it easier to carpet bomb the spawn points in the TT areas? By making it easier to pork strat targets and HQ? By making it easier to piss off a lot more people? By making it easier to survive NOE bombing runs? Who would try to intercept a formation of 8 planes with between 20 and 40 syncronized guns firing back at them?

I'm just not seeing this as accomplishing anything that is good for HTC.

the same reason i eat diamonds
1) cuz its alot of fun
2) cuz it makes my doo doo twinkle
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 02:47:18 PM »
:rofl

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »
Greetings,

Keep formation as they are in the program.  Formation button requires expenditure of perkies.  Don't care how many - other smarter ppl can figure that out!

Very the rate that bombs fall to a random number - either by varying the rate of fall of each bomb or delay release from bomber by a random 1/10 of a second or so to reduce the accuracy of high level bombing.  The lower the drop, the less effect of the variation.  Currently not all .50 cal rounds from a given MG go to the exact same place, why should inducing variation in bombs be that difficult?

Don't know about the intentional ram thing, I tend to accidentally ram when closing to fast (slowly learning there is a 'turn' and 'slowdown' option ;)  However, I do pay a penalty for suiciding into a bomber - I return to the tower, you keep flying with the other two.  Another option for the bomber is to fly higher and prevent the 'reupping' of suiciders cause when they get back to 15k, you are half way home.

Regards,