Author Topic: France sides with Hezbollah  (Read 4694 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
France sides with Hezbollah
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »
Boycot Le French kiss.:furious
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2006, 06:01:28 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert1
I agree with you Toad, except for the term conquest. Israel did not take that extra land by conquest,

How about "force of arms"?

In any event, they took the territory by force and held/hold it by force.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »
Islam is peace

and.."the French...there always there when they need us"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2006, 06:59:04 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
I think I said that the Lebanese economy was destroyed. I try to write precisely, but sometimes fail miserably, bozon. ;)

Yes, Lebanese economy suffered badly and so did Israeli economy. Both northern Israel and Lebanon are based heavily on tourism. You can guess how many tourists will come to the Galili or Beirut this or next year. Hizballa rockets have caused forest fires that burned very large portion of the forests in Northern Israel. Would you like a room with a view to the ashes? It will take years till it's green again.

In one of my first posts when the whole thing just began (another thread) I said I pity the Lebanese since their economy is about to be destroyed. They had nothing to gain from attacking Israel but still allowed Hizballa to do so. I don't see Lebanon as an enemy. If anything, they are the neighbor I wish for the best relations with. But they should not expect happy tourists on Beirut beach when tourists run away from the Galili. If finally they'll take responsibility for what is happening in their country, Israel and Lebanon can happily live side by side and contribute each other. South Lebanon people used to work in northern Israel and there's no reason we can't go back to that.

It all comes down to what Lebanese people and goverment are going to do in the next few weeks. If they truely act to end the Hizballa state within a state and secure their side of the border, this region can flourish again.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »
I keep seeing the phraase a state within a state regarding hezbollah and Lebanon. At this point I am thinking that given Lebanon's inability to control their own borders and interior to keep a terrorist group from innitiating open conflict the phrase has been misconstrued. I think it's more like Lebanon is a state within hezballah. Watching the Lebanese PM doing the negotiating for hezbollah in the latest dust up just reinforces my opinion in that regard. I think hezbollah owns Lebanon at this time. They certainly have no qualms about using it as their own private playground, battlefield and propaganda generator with little if any regard for the Lebanese people.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 01:24:30 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
I keep seeing the phraase a state within a state regarding hezbollah and Lebanon. At this point I am thinking that given Lebanon's inability to control their own borders and interior to keep a terrorist group from innitiating opne conflict the phrase has been misconstrued. I think it's more like Lebanon is a state within hezballah. Watching the Lebanese PM doing the negotiating for hezbollah in the latest dust up just reinforces my opinion in that regard. I think hezbollah owns Lebanon at this time. They certainly have no qualms about using it as their own private playground, battlefield and propaganda generator with little if any regard for the Lebanese people.

Ditto...across the board.

Looking again at the subject of this thread I'd say not just France but the UN, and the entire world sided with Hezbollah, including the whitehouse (and thus the USA) has handed a staggering defeat to the Israelis though this "cease fire" resolution. We owed it to our allies to hold the appeasers at bay while the IDF uuterly destroyed Hez-ebola below the Litani. Of course that assumes Israel had a leader with the desire to win, a subject I think is clear, Olmert blinked and for the next few years (possibly a decade) his people will pay the price for his weakness.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2006, 01:28:54 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert1
We owed it to our allies to hold the appeasers at bay while the IDF uuterly destroyed Hez-ebola below the Litani. Of course that assumes Israel had a leader with the desire to win, a subject I think is clear, Olmert blinked and for the next few years (possibly a decade) his people will pay the price for his weakness.

There was no point in destroying Hizballa south of the Litany save claiming a victory for the television. The goal from the start was an international agreement that Hizballa should be disarmed and this decision acted uppon. In other words, implementing resolution 1559 immediately. This was not a military campaign but a diplomatic campaign with the military as a leverage. In addition to weakening the Hizballa for international and Lebanese forces to take over.

The international community, as predictable as ever, had to water down the resolution. Still, If the new resolution is decisively implemented, it is a good situation for Israel and hopefully will lead to full implementation of 1559. It is not Israel's job to clear the internal affairs of Lebanon. If it does, the price Lebanon will pay will be intolerable. Their goverment needs to grow some balls.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
The goal from the start was an international agreement that Hizballa should be disarmed and this decision acted uppon.  

Oh I see, another UN resolution that calls for Hezbollah to disarm, how quaint. How will this one be enforced considering all the other rsolutions calling for the same are ignored, maybe UNIFIL will act this time?

Forgive me but I used up all of my supply of optimism for a peacefull resolution to the mess over there after GW1 (when the west showed it's willingeness to free opressed Arab/Muslims and were denounced soon afterwards), land-for-peace does not work when your enemy is sworn and dedicated to see your destruction.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
Edbert,

My guess is that the UN will finally get around to taking strong action after mushroom clouds start appearing. Of course then it will be too late.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2006, 03:43:02 PM »
Yeah, they'll keep their blue helmets down...bobbing up and down on each other's laps I'm sure.