Author Topic: Hey Hitech  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« on: August 20, 2006, 10:07:16 PM »
Is it possible to request that a kill be deleted from your score?

Tonight I was flying in the MA with some squaddies and a variety of other Knights.  Had a bead on an enemy and somebody else chopped his wings off right as I pulled the trigger.  It should have been his kill but it got added to my score.  A couple of weeks ago while doing some close ACM I collided with an enemy, flew away unscathed, and got the kill for it.

I don't really pay attention to my score other than to see if Im improving but I was wondering if there was a way to tell you that I shouldn't get credit for doing something that I really didn't do.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 10:10:03 PM »
For christams sakes ... dont you have anything else in life to worry about more than if you by happens chances got a kill ... geeesh I just cant figure how some people take this game so seriously.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
If you got the kill.....don't worry about it.  A kill's a kill.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Hey Hitech
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »
Wow :huh

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 10:42:20 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
For christams sakes ... dont you have anything else in life to worry about more than if you by happens chances got a kill ... geeesh I just cant figure how some people take this game so seriously.

Yet...

You seem to take the boards so seriously.

Hmmm...

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 10:42:36 PM »
WOW, ussually we hear from the other side of that particular fence, this is the first time I have read/heard of someone wanting to give back the kill they stole
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 10:45:14 PM »
no I'm not at all concerned with my kill ratio.  I do check it to see how I'm doing and if I'm improving or not.  As I've said in a previous post I'm competing against me and I'd like to see my skill set improve but cheap kills or kill 'stealing' do not interest me and I'd like the ability to say 'nope not my kill'.  Sure a lot of people wouldn't utilize it because they care way too much about their score but I'd like mine to be honest when I check it and have the ability to say 'the dude was dead I just happened to ping him on the way down'.  Do I take the game seriously?  Yes in the way I play it.  Do I take honesty and honor seriously?  Yes I do.  If that makes me weird then I embrace weirdness.  Honesty, honor, and playing fair means something to me.  Even in an online game.  If you can't do it online then give it up in real life.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »
pay it forward.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:47:05 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
WOW, ussually we hear from the other side of that particular fence, this is the first time I have read/heard of someone wanting to give back the kill they stole

I shot somebody on the way down.  It was a split second decision and I thought he was fair game until I pingd him then I checked my score and got credit for it.  *shrug* I didn't do the work I don't deserve the credit.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 10:47:59 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
pay it forward.

indeed :)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

by the way slap.. I have a lot to be concerned about.  However if I don't follow a code of ethics online and off how can I raise my kids to have a code of ethics that they can believe in?  I don't drop my morals and codes when I put my headset on and fire up AH.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 11:06:40 PM »
Well, far as i know there is no way to alter your score or stats other than doing it ingame by killing, dying ect.
Only way I an see to keep an acurate record like your wanting is to record them yourself. Since its just to see how your doing for yourself and setting goals or something then, thats probably the only way.
I seriously doubt HT is going to let ppl change things on the score page even if its to remove proxies or unearned kills. Just to much of a chance for it to be abused.

It would be nice if it listed real kills and proxie kills seperatly. unless it already does then sorry for not seeing it. I havent looked at the scores page in ages.
The way I determine how well im doing is how well I do on a given sortie especially if its against a stick I know.

Your post doesnt make you weird, its just we arent used to seeing this kind of post and it kinda confuses us. Im still expecting somebody to post how you stole their kill and they want the kill credited to their score or some such farfetched demand :confused:
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 11:51:47 PM »
lol.  even Revor couldn't top this one.  :)
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 12:06:10 AM »
BK u always know how to make a thread interesting !!!

But Dichotomy all in all to the scoring system one kills isnt that big of deal. but i do give u a BIG you on ur honisty sir!!!!:aok very respectfull:aok :aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
by the way slap.. I have a lot to be concerned about.  However if I don't follow a code of ethics online and off how can I raise my kids to have a code of ethics that they can believe in?  I don't drop my morals and codes when I put my headset on and fire up AH.

hey dont worry about it dich, nobody likes slapshot, thats why hes so angry
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.