Author Topic: Anyone want help?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 10:26:40 AM »
Loking forward to it. Some idea as to when?
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline corish rebel

• Zinc Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 12:38:59 AM »
yes plz can you pm me when avalible thanks:) :) :) :)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 05:52:04 AM »
I am available Moday (today) from 6:30pm to 9:45pm est.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 06:40:33 AM »
No one hit me up... well, I'll let this thread die but feel free to look me up whenver I am online.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Anyone want help?
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
Originally posted by Schutt
SAS_KID what kind of homework is it?

I might be able to help some if its German (as a foreign language) or computer science stuff.

Delirium, i might take you up on this :)

Pre cal and French 2:D  
btw del why don't you fight me 38 to 38.:cry
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
No one hit me up... well, I'll let this thread die but feel free to look me up whenver I am online.

I've been looking for someone to show me how to fly the 38.  I flew it extensively in AW FR, but it's been a long time and I can't quite figure it out in AH.  I can't really fly any plan in AH well.  Pretty much just been flying the spit and nik as I try to get a feel of things.  Sooooo, if the offer still stands, you can teach me.  I am definately a newb, as I'm sure those who have seen me play can attest to.

Offline lionpaw

• Zinc Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 04:52:06 AM »
Yes, Iwould like help. I've only been at it for a few weeks. It's very frustrating

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 07:09:19 AM »
Del don't limit yourself to only helping "noobs" you are way to good for that. You could help anyone in this game. I might just look you up for some practice when I get back.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 09:55:47 PM »
I've messed around enough on my own and am ready for some help.  I went to the training forum and flew around a little.  I didn't see another airplane.  The map showed I was in the mini scenario zone at field A2.  The forum notes said field A1 is reserved for trainers and those who want training.  I pulled the map down and saw a basic training zone with field A1.  There didn't seem to be a way to get there.  

My basic flying skills are OK.   I can do manual takeoffs and land.  I can get the plane from point A to point B OK.  I can recover from stalls and most spins.   My SA is awful.  I can do some manuvers but I suspect they seem better to me than they would to an observer.  I've tried the 8 man games and discovered I can't put it together well enough to last more than a minute or two in an encounter.  I get shot down to fast to learn much.  I have good gear, CH fighterstick, pro-throttle, and pro-pedals.  

Is it possible to just drop in and get some help?   My schedule is a little unpredictable right now so I am hesitant to set up an appointment.  How do I get to the basic training zone?  The mini scenario zone didn't seem to be it.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Anyone want help?
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 02:20:34 AM »
Originally posted by Condor
I've messed around enough on my own and am ready for some help.  I went to the training forum and flew around a little.  I didn't see another airplane.  The map showed I was in the mini scenario zone at field A2.  The forum notes said field A1 is reserved for trainers and those who want training.  I pulled the map down and saw a basic training zone with field A1.  There didn't seem to be a way to get there.  

My basic flying skills are OK.   I can do manual takeoffs and land.  I can get the plane from point A to point B OK.  I can recover from stalls and most spins.   My SA is awful.  I can do some manuvers but I suspect they seem better to me than they would to an observer.  I've tried the 8 man games and discovered I can't put it together well enough to last more than a minute or two in an encounter.  I get shot down to fast to learn much.  I have good gear, CH fighterstick, pro-throttle, and pro-pedals.  

Is it possible to just drop in and get some help?   My schedule is a little unpredictable right now so I am hesitant to set up an appointment.  How do I get to the basic training zone?  The mini scenario zone didn't seem to be it.

Base A1 in the Training Arena is a Bishop field. To switch to the Bishops team, bring up your clipboard while in tower (not in flight) with the ESC key and click on OCLUB > CHANGE COUNTRY. Then select Bishops and OK.  To move to another (green) base on the map, double click it.

You can bring up then radio chat with the / key, then type your message and ENTER to send. Even when there are no trainers online, there is usually someone there that can help you out. And check the help file and http://www.netaces.org for tips on setup, gameplay and tactics.

Please feel free and email the Trainers at trainers@hitechcreations.com. Let us know your ingame name and times (time zone!) youre available. Well be happy to help you set up your game, Joystick and views (key to a good SA!) and get you going. Or you can also just drop by the Training Arena (TA) and ask for help. Im usually online during European evenings (1 pm to 6 pm EDT), my ingame name is Schatzi as well.

Welcome to Aces High Condor! :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:47:21 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 06:50:34 AM »
Look me up anytime Condor... the command is

.p Delirium TEXT OF MESSAGE

(place that in the radio buffer)

I'll be on tonight from 6:45pm est to 9:45pm est and same time on Thurs and Friday nights.

Make sure you read up on what a split-s, an immelman, and a high and low yo-yo are before the meeting. Even if you don't completely understand what they, it will make life a little easier.

Here is a good site to read up on some tactics.

http://www.netaces.org/
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Anyone want help?
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
Am I wrong in assuming we can also communicate by voice over the radio during training?  I have a headset that has worked at hyperlobby.  I assume it will work for Aces high as well.   I assume the trainer talks the trainee through manuvers while watching from behind or something like that.  Am I close to how you do it?  That would be hard using the keyboard.

I believe I can do the split-S and Immelman fairly well.  We'll see how right I am about that.  I think I understand the high and low yo-yo but usually find myself at the wrong heading coming out of them..  I'll review and practice a little before I show up.  

On line I'm Bigprop and fly a Ki-84.  Thanks for the info. and willingness to help.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Anyone want help?
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
Originally posted by Condor
Am I wrong in assuming we can also communicate by voice over the radio during training?  I have a headset that has worked at hyperlobby.  I assume it will work for Aces high as well.   I assume the trainer talks the trainee through manuvers while watching from behind or something like that.  Am I close to how you do it?  That would be hard using the keyboard.

I believe I can do the split-S and Immelman fairly well.  We'll see how right I am about that.  I think I understand the high and low yo-yo but usually find myself at the wrong heading coming out of them..  I'll review and practice a little before I show up.  

On line I'm Bigprop and fly a Ki-84.  Thanks for the info. and willingness to help.

Yes, AH has an inbuilt voice system. If your mic is up and working in windows, you should be able to use it in game as well. Hold F12 while talking on range (people close to your position) and T for the tunable radio channel. More about radio usage on http://www.netaces.org.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Anyone Want Help?
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 04:28:47 PM »
Just learning how to do this stuff but how do you record your flights? I think the P-38 is a great plane but it seems to have a great disadvantage in the MA.:(

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Anyone need help
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 04:46:55 PM »
:rolleyes: I found the search function.here is a quote from Schatzi

"Start filming your own fights! (ALT_R in game to toggle record on/off - red R in upper left corner of screen when recording). The films are saved in your game folder HTC\Aces High II\films."

Thanks! I tend to answer my own questions. It drives my wife nuts!!
:eek:

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO