Author Topic: friendly collision  (Read 1318 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
friendly collision
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
That's very clever, bat. However, to address your original post, the solution you pointed out (the same one you said we were either unable or unwilling to acknowledge and support) isn't possible unless HT rewrites that coad too, is it?

Do you think maybe that's why we ignored it, you stupid git?

LOL

and who says that HT cant change something  with the release of a small patch?? I fully appreciate that it isnt possible in the game now, i have played with offline arena settings.

i might be a stupid git but you're being so closed minded and thoughtless right here. not only that but your really getting nasty with your replies.
:huh

i find it hard to believe that you truly couldnt understand the first poster's intent, that SOMETHING COULD BE CHANGED to make collisions work.

that is all i have for this thread.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
friendly collision
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Becoming a BK is kinda like losing your virginity, once it happens there is no going back.

That or a sex change.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
friendly collision
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
I fully appreciate that it isnt possible in the game now

So, it's not a solution. The defense rests.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
friendly collision
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »
I still like the guys that will shoot past you and then check-6 you so you break and then you realize it was them doing the shooting!  Had a clown doing that the other night on multiple accounts to myself and a few other AK's... I fixed it when I flew in front of his bomber guns.... to bad I didn't get three kills for it! :rofl
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
friendly collision
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
So, it's not a solution. The defense rests.

(that is all i have for this thread....plus this)

you do need a rest :p

can't you see that this is a request to hitech to change  it.........duh
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
friendly collision
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
I put this out there just to get opinion on this but I think i read nothing that really shows why it is a bad idea beside people landing will have a problem.    everybody talks how accurate the game is but not colliding with another team mate is ok.  what is the difference with enemy plane and team mates.  how is ok someone flys through to kill something.   this isn't even a complain about them stealing my kill.  which they do  do. it's just being done more and more.   some more of my 2 cents

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
friendly collision
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 06:25:49 PM »
Ok for all you that want collision on here is my proposal.......The next time a map changes or skuzzy gets on he turns on freindly collisions for ONE day. The next day no one will want freindly collisions on thuse problem solved :)

Here is a thought woulnt it be really funny to watch a bunch of newbs upping off a cv as ur turning it with collisions on???? cant u hear the screems!!!!!!:t  muhahahaha
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
friendly collision
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 07:13:17 PM »
I have flown in several events that had freindly collisions turned on. Some of the most intense hours ever spent flying this game. Making sure you dont hit your wingmen making sure they dont hit you. Then when the dogfghting started I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  Freindly collision is perhaps the most effective imersion setting this game has.

However it would be total havock in the MA you would cry and whine and nash you teeth untill they turned it off in the MA. The uproar would be epic.

It would be fun to watch for a while though!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
friendly collision
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »
even though it more than likely will never happen, if we do my idea to resolve runway collisions is have people spawn up on a keypad position on a runway. this way nine people can sit on a runway at any given time. or maybe even more, most people dont need but a 10th of the runway to get of the ground

also a special runway for perk planes, where people may be more carefull on there takeoffs (maybe a wider runway)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 12:28:35 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
friendly collision
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »
I dunno if that would work either, bag. Imagine a couple guys just taxing around, swerving back and forth all the over the runway, ramming other planes, stopping in front of guys taking off so they saw collisions too. The carnage and subsequent complaints to HTC would be off the charts.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
friendly collision
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 08:46:29 AM »
It will NEVER happen in the MA ... this would be something to implement in the new "Combat Tour".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."