Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 35995 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2006, 09:40:52 PM »
GARY you got it ..Hitech doesn't!..I'm still waiting to hear what do they measure when they measure "health of the areana"

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
GARY you got it ..Hitech doesn't!..I'm still waiting to hear what do they measure when they measure "health of the areana"

Hitech sticks a thermometor up your prettythang and takes your temperature.  :lol
It has been determined you are very ill  :t  and for our safety you will be removed from the general population.

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:07 PM »
Originally posted by Fencer51

Oh love the statement below, obviously a military historian.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TexInVa

I think it's fantastic that I can fly my Zero or Spit-IX or TBM against other early war aircraft, get into a tangle or three and not worry about being cherry picked by some B-n-Z'n LA-7 or P-51 or N1K1 or Spit-XVI. What I thought sucked about the old arena was that to survive, I had to up the same rides. I don't like those planes.

I'm very satisfied with the new setup...  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  :rofl :aok

Is that all you have? You flamed me because I added the spit-9 to "early war" aircraft?

Hell, I know it was developed as a stop-gap to rumours about a luftwaffe uber-fighter that was heavily armoured and faster than anything that the Brits had. Which ended up being the fw-190. Fighter command was getting ready to put a stop to these rumours until a spit pilot brought back gun camera footage of the new plane.

What are you, 12?

I have had enough of this forum game. I have to work in the morning.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:01 PM »
This change and thread deserve a chapter in THE BOOK OF DWEEB. Where is Jedi when you need him! :cool:

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:15 PM »
Well i really like the change. Its been long overdo actually IMNSHO.
I remember when AH2 came out, i had been a tester for awhile and so i was used to the new "look". MANY MANY MANY people complained just  like   this.
People said it was to buggy, didnt like the FM, took to much of a FPS hit, got shot down to easy, couldnt shoot others down easy enough, ack is to strong, ect ect ect....
Change in a game like AH is inevitable, lots of ppl dont like change and often they are the same people who cry fo a change!! ussually the changes THEY want to make the game better are for THEM!
When i saw the new arena changes i immediatly jumped into the early war arena, to me this is where the more experienced or at least more enthusiastic, honorable  players will gravitate to. By that I mean players who IMNSHO use or at least try to use ACM, dont go for the HO, arent prone to "just" going for the easy kills but would rather ingage in a challanging fight. THere will ofcourse always be those that prefer the horde however and those that would rather HO, dive bombe in lancs and game the game to extreme.
MAny of the planes are also more challenging to get kills in for less experienced players...heck even for experienced players!
:O

In time the complaints and general whineing will die down.
True issues will be addressed in time. Things will settle down. some will leave, many will stay, and others will return or try it out for the 1st time.
Lots of us have been thru this in the past.

The thing that gets me the most tho is that HT and crew are making the effort. A fact that many of the naysayers are missing.  This is why i will continue to play, because HT will make changes to try and improve gameplay for the majority. Good or bad they make the effort, they do listen and they do act unlike MANY other games.
Not everybody will be happy with the changes, thats inevitable, but this game is constantly evolving wich tho painful at times is actually a good thing.

my 2 cents
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »
Originally posted by Bode
All you had to do was perk the freaking LA7 and Spit 16, Hell why not just make it Allies and Axis planes against each other with 2 countrys, like is the real War, Problem I see is that you listen only to yourselfs and not to your customers. :furious :furious

He listened to a lot of customers. A lot of us have been asking for this for years.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »
Only the long eared and unwashed will not like this change.

(bonus points for anyone who can name where this phrase came from)

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2006, 10:21:33 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
htc...IS THERE any consideration to decreasing the lethality and hardness of ack in the early and mid war arenas????

If its the same as it was in the old MA......then WHY should it be changed?
you stated in another thread That your preffered ride was the hurri 2c so why should the ack  lethality be changed? This request doesnt make sense to me at all.

Also you requested all planes be available in the late war arena
Again i ask WHY? it would totaly defeat the purpose of the different arenas. everybody would just jump into the late war and continue SOP like in the old MA
Nothing personal cav, I know you have been around for awhile and franakly im suprised at some of your posts. Many of us have been thru changes like this before.
Things will settle down, twekes and slight changes will be made. And IF...
IF after some time HT sees data indicating things should change back or something else needs to be done....they will but, its gonna take some time.

As for the ack, i dont see why it should be changed. we dealt with it in the old MA the only diffence is that there isnt a horde flying wiht ya to draw its fire so you have to fly more evasive around it.
To me this is another GLARING indication that we needed this change. People had gotten to complacent and comfortable with things like flying withinrange of ack that historicly was very lethal.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Jolly

• Zinc Member
Can we change it?
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2006, 10:24:10 PM »
Can we change it?  NO
Most player seem to be in the EW, more often then not, due to it being the first on the list to enter.

Well lets get on with it!

One word of advice, if your side is out numbered, it will most likely going to lose the battle. So find a arena where your side has the most numbers and fight to win.

Since Pyro said this is the way it will be, that is the end of it and we are not going to get the MA back.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:26:15 PM by Jolly »

Offline RAPIER

• Copper Member
Just an opinion
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »
I am amazed at how much complaining is being generated at the very beginning of a totally new idea.  It is an attempt to improve, and if it isn't successful, guess what, it will revert.
Also:
1.  In the MA I flew the La7 when a base was being vulched or overrun, and fly other planes for different reasons.  Critizing those who fly something they want, no matter what the reason, is pretty stupid.  Is the La illegal or something?  Flying with 1, 2, or 3 people against 10 or more forces you to select a plane that gives you some chance to hold them off.
2.  The points being made that the MA was really a late model arena are correct.  You couldn't survive in early models.
3.  Not only should the arena's now in use be capped with lower numbers, the number from country to country should be controlled to prevent arena jumping just to score in an empty space.  Points awarded in an arena with less than "x" amount of competion should be reduced or eliminated somehow.
4.  The suggestion to change my country is out of order.  Who is anyone to tell me who I can fly/play with?  Never been in any other country since I started, except for one day, and I never plan to change. (I guess)
5.  Give it time, try to make it better, and enjoy.  Jeez, the crying about paying $15 is crazy.  3 coffees or two McD's cost that now.  Ever drive in NYC?  It cost almost $15 to make 2 R/Ts over a bridge.  Stop it, pay it, or don't cross the bridge are your choices.
Have a nice sortie!

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd

Also you requested all planes be available in the late war arena
Again i ask WHY? it would totaly defeat the purpose of the different arenas. everybody would just jump into the late war and continue SOP like in the old MA.

Ah.. because if that happens... then the customers prefer the old MA.
The only thing it would defeat is a course of action that HTC has picked.  

What HTC has said in essence, is the cattle will go where they are used to going and we have determined that it isn't good for the cattle to do what they have habitually done.  So we will determine what is good for the cattle and protect them from themselves.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Can we change it?
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »
Originally posted by Jolly
Can we change it?  NO
Most player seem to be in the EW, more often then not, due to it being the first on the list to enter.

....snip

How stupid do you think players are? They pick where they WANT to be, they dont just click on the top of the list. If you're logic is right, then everyone would be buying the premium gas since its first button on the pump.

Even if it doesnt make sense to you, people are picking the early war arena because they want to be there.

Another thing. I keep seeing that this change was done to favor the furballing minority. Would someone please explain how having 4 arenas helps the furballers? I just dont see it. Everything about the game mechnanics is 100% the same. Capture, mission, strat, everything's the same. The smaller numbers arent different from non- peak MA.

Where exactly IS the crisis????
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2006, 10:41:32 PM »
Originally posted by 4510
Ah.. because if that happens... then the customers prefer the old MA.
The only thing it would defeat is a course of action that HTC has picked.  

What HTC has said in essence, is the cattle will go where they are used to going and we have determined that it isn't good for the cattle to do what they have habitually done.  So we will determine what is good for the cattle and protect them from themselves.

Nice way to put it :)

:aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
TexInVa

Couldn’t have said it better myself and subsequently will no longer address the subject.  

All of you who are considering AH suicide please get on with it and quit telling everybody who doesn't care if you do about it.  PM your online friends and say goodbye so, when 80% of you are back in 3 to 4 weeks, you don't look foolish to the community at large.  

It's a GAME and it's the INTERNET there's a REAL WORLD OUT THERE JUST A WAITING ON YOU.  

However this last request... if you're the type to commit game / internet suicide because you couldn't ride out a few rough bumps then please don't breed.  The gene pool is polluted enough as it is.

Lastly, and this is just a generalization, u does NOT equal YOU...  yes a lot of people grade your intelligence based on your spelling.  If you're going to try to make a strong point at least take the time to copy and paste it into word and use spell check.  When I see 'u' you are already dismissed as a lazy idiot.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Can we change it?
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2006, 10:44:27 PM »
*snip
Originally posted by Simaril

Where exactly IS the crisis????

well there is that thing about the low balance in my checkbook but other than that .. umm let me think :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute