Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 37319 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #840 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:29 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
(Makes note:  Mugzee finally pushed over the edge.)

- oldman

I would be bothered if i wasnt able to prove it.

Notice there is no baiting on my part...Just pointing out the obvious.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #841 on: September 21, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »
umm...look at how things are in EW MW and LW...same ole game. nothing has really changed.

Then pray tell ... what is everybody pissin' and moanin' about then ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #842 on: September 21, 2006, 06:49:46 PM »
Falcon--

Look, this exchange has not gone the way I intended. I do NOT have anything against the BOPs or big squads in general -- and I dont ever remember slamming them to anyone.

And, if I came across as anti-BoP, my apologies. As my wife has often rightly told me, I'm not good at knowing when to shut up.

I'm flying knight because I find I generally like flying on the low side. Since the arena switch, I've been frustrated at times that sides may be 40:13:5, and no one will be willing to switch. If I give up and leave, it jsut makes it worse for everyone else.

Honestly, I wish more of the high side fliers would have the good manners and sportsmanship to come over and make the game fun for us, too. That wish focused on BoP in this thread, but it isnt ABOUT BoP at its core.

Just remember the rest of us, thats all I ask.

Simaril
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #843 on: September 21, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
It speaks for its self.

You (are) a flame baiter at heart...everyone knows this to be true.

You say "With respect though" followed by a statement that implies something that Falconwng never said. What respect?

The reason for all the quote captures are...well lets just say...i figured i would end up having to do it anyways.

I admit, I bait sometimes, but the majority of the time I just call it like I see it without fear that it might hurt someones feelings.

With respect though, that should have been your attitude from the begining. If you guys are a tight as you say, and I have no reason to doubt you, you will find ways to get the squad together.

Is that not a true statement, and if not how so?

I said that because I feel it to be true. He has said they will adapt because they are a tight nit group, which is good. All I said was he SHOULD have been getting his squad going on ideas to adapt to the changes instead of this dead-end thread.

You were careful to leave out certain posts of Falcon:

Originally posted by FALCONWING
i have never seriously considered quitting this game but as i logged tonite it is a real possibility.

I said I was glad to hear he was not quitting because he had hinted that he might. Clear enough or do I need to explain more? You need to get your house in order before you start calling other flame baiters.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #844 on: September 21, 2006, 07:04:40 PM »
I would be bothered if i wasnt able to prove it.

Notice there is no baiting on my part...Just pointing out the obvious.

From where I sit I can say the same about myself, but YOU call it flamebaiting.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #845 on: September 21, 2006, 07:20:01 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
All I said was he SHOULD have been getting his squad going on ideas to adapt to the changes instead of this dead-end thread.

From what i have seen Falcon and his squad have already been working on adapting long before they actually posted anything in the thread.

You were careful to leave out certain posts of Falcon:

I assure you if i did it was on accident..But im certain i didnt leave out any that was posted prior to my reply you are refering to.

And i am confident that i am always a reactive as opposed to proactive where as insults or flamebaiting.

So as far as getting "My house in order"

I make no statement unless i am ready to pay the price.

You can take that any way you like.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:33:13 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #846 on: September 21, 2006, 07:23:08 PM »
Glad all that fun banter we have had in game is meaningless Falc, since I am part of that "group" that is so distasteful to you and some certain others.  Sad.

:(

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #847 on: September 21, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
What you have described ... streams of green and a few dots off by themselfs ... is usually the horde and a few dots off by themselfs ... exactly what HT does not want.

HT probably would like to see many smaller streams of green all over the map ... not just concentrated in any one area.

Seem to remember HT himself saying he wasn't against a "concentration of forces".
So come on, when does a concentration of forces become a hoard in your opinion, 20 is OK, 21 is a hoard?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #848 on: September 21, 2006, 07:53:22 PM »
I assure you if i did it was on accident..But im certain i didnt leave out any that was posted prior to my reply you are refering to.

It was his first post on this subject in the first now locked thread. Maybe you didnt see that one, in that case I apologize for saying you intentionally left it out.

And i am confident that i am always a reactive as opposed to proactive where as insults or flamebaiting.

So as far as getting "My house in order"

I make no statement unless i am ready to pay the price.

You can take that any way you like. [/B]

As I said in a previous post, I will not deny that I occasionally bait people, but most of I write is just as you describe yourself above you just dont agree with what I say which is fine.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #849 on: September 21, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »
It was his first post on this subject in the first now locked thread. Maybe you didnt see that one, in that case I apologize for saying you intentionally left it out.

As I said in a previous post, I will not deny that I occasionally bait people, but most of I write is just as you describe yourself above you just dont agree with what I say which is fine.

Ahh ok..i see what you are refering to. No i didnt go to that thread. So in that regard i must extend my apologies to you. Sorry :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:04:57 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #850 on: September 21, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
20 is OK, 21 is a hoard?

Yes
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #851 on: September 21, 2006, 08:01:14 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Mugz
   When you make a good point with me, I'll acknowledge that point. Until then, you're just arguing to be difficult, not to demonstrate a better point of view. I'm not personally insulting, and if you do not wish to hear my opinions on a particular topic on an open discussion board, I suggest you put me in your ignore list.

And yes, I could have said "glad to hear it", but I really don't care. If anyone insists on encouraging a type of gameplay or an attitude that is damaging to the community, and makes it difficult for others to enjoy their own type of fun, then I'm not going to pretend to be pleased that they will neither quit nor change their ways.

Good day.

Hub, look up the word "sanctimonious".  You will see where it applies.

On second thought, you probably won't see.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #852 on: September 21, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Yes

Ah, OK.

We'll just have 2 sets of a "concentration of forces" then ;) .
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #853 on: September 21, 2006, 08:05:45 PM »
well played shubert:aok

Stang, I think you know i have respect for you.    just as i suspect all BoPs are not taking personally the things said on this board as being addressed to every member individually...then similarly im sure you know i was not referring to you:rolleyes:  silly!
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #854 on: September 21, 2006, 08:09:53 PM »
Just to be sure. So it is your stand that your baiting is a reactive action as opposed to proactive action?

I dont stalk or seek out people just for an opportunity to throw an insult at them, I just dont care that much.

What I will do, without hesitation or regret, is to throw out a sarcastic or pointed comment when I see someone making a false statement or twisting someone elses words to suit their agenda.

I would call that reactive.