Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 37320 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #855 on: September 21, 2006, 08:14:09 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Seem to remember HT himself saying he wasn't against a "concentration of forces".
So come on, when does a concentration of forces become a hoard in your opinion, 20 is OK, 21 is a hoard?

See kev. This is the problem with this entire system and the discussion based around it.:huh

I see HT's point.

But I also see plainly from the start that it really won't work with the current number distribution, without a LOT of tweaking.

What is HTC waiting for? Tweak already.

There are very legitimate complaints about the ENY and cap issues.

Why are we left to bash it out among ourselves?  HT can fix some of it at the drop of a hat all by his self?

The ENY is a place to start.

What is he waiting for?

He surely can’t make people any more upset.

Tweak already!  

Git er done son.

If it doesnt work...tweak it again in 3 days.

We will be here typing our hearts...you just keep to the tweakin task.

:D

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #856 on: September 21, 2006, 08:14:26 PM »
I hate homework...
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #857 on: September 21, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
umm...look at how things are in EW MW and LW...same ole game. nothing has really changed.

Then pray tell ... what is everybody pissin' and moanin' about then ?

get a grip.  we're pissing and moaning about the fact that we can't all fly together, as we want to.

We're pissing and moaning about the effective change to the gameplay caused by the new number limitations.  

Denying the existence of the issues does not make them go away.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #858 on: September 21, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
I hate homework...
:D

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #859 on: September 21, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
What you have described ... streams of green and a few dots off by themselfs ... is usually the horde and a few dots off by themselfs ... exactly what HT does not want.

HT probably would like to see many smaller streams of green all over the map ... not just concentrated in any one area.

Better get rid of that mission planner, then. It's seldom used now.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #860 on: September 21, 2006, 08:47:24 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I dont stalk or seek out people just for an opportunity to throw an insult at them, I just dont care that much.

What I will do, without hesitation or regret, is to throw out a sarcastic or pointed comment when I see someone making a false statement or twisting someone elses words to suit their agenda.

I would call that reactive.

:rofl :rofl
You responded exactly as i told my wife you would.

I had this already saved in MS word because i knew you couldnt resist.

Given the context and chronology that Falc’s replies leading up to his last reply.

Originally posted by FALCONWING
oh and a quick note...i am not planning on quitting...

i may get banned but im not quitting...BoPs will adapt...we always have..

Logged on to main arena to "did you hear Falc quit?"  from nonsquad guys...

"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated":t

I still contend that you could have simply replied with “Im glad to hear it falc”

He woulda felt good. You woulda felt good and the readers woulda felt good.

In light of the way you handle my apology. Or ignored it.   I am left with my original thought.
You were indeed baiting falc with the “respectfully though” preface, and are indeed being insulting preying off someone heart felt
Concerns.  LOW

I am done with you now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:53:54 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Clueso

• Zinc Member
Welllllllllllllllllllll
« Reply #861 on: September 21, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »
I didn't read but a few of the posts.  I'm a long time pilot on about my 4th call sign.  AH had reached a point if it wasn't for  my AH buddies I probably would have quit.  We meet up each year for the Reno Air Races for face to face.  It was a bit of a shock to come home to the new arena setup.  As usual there is a bit of a learning curve when things change.  I welcome it.  I have had some very nice flights and we are having a good time so far.  It's much more the way it used to be with more one on one fights instead of the constant gang banging.
Thanks Hitech Crew

Clueso:aok

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #862 on: September 21, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »
I'm curious how the numbers stack up - seriously, genuinely curious from a human behavior standpoint. It's the principle of people being aware they are being observed and not liking to be lab rats. And as another poster stated the abstract reasons sited for the change are in fact drivel- meaningless with no objective standard. My college English 101 teacher would have red "x'd" the paragraph as BS also. It was completely subjective trying to fake objective.
In my opinion, the fix offers nothing new. There is nothing in the fix that sparks interest. Its not a fix, but a corporate dictate. If you remove the groupies, its hard to find a reason why the fix is good. The suggestion I posted - skipped over - does make sense. Hard to implement ( many exploits in it) but a rational and competitive game strategy. And its not original. A 3-d chess game put out about 35 years ago did the same thing. You remember those black and white pictures of it in the Sears's toy catalogue? What happened on one board fell through to the lower boards. It was the three phases of a chess game going on at once. It would  be the same as have the three phases of WWII going on at once.  Each phase would effect the next phase. If the late war was going wrong, people could log into the early war to change things that would be happening in the middle and late wars. Why have eny when whats happens in EW can establish eny in MW and what happens in MW can establish eny in LW? This is richness. It would be hard to write, but it would be right. Why in the world would three arenas of different periods in the same game not affect one another if the goal was a joint community or a representation of history? Don't be quick to skip over the idea.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:22:49 PM by BTW »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #863 on: September 21, 2006, 09:34:21 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

I only cite posts that are relavant to the content of my replies.

As far as what fuels the discussion?

This discussion has taken many twist's and turns. Usually brought on by taunting remarks of the likes of you. ;)

And i am done with you as well.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #864 on: September 21, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »
Hasty edit, as I just saw this.

Originally posted by Mugzeee
Was supposed to be directed at grits
Sorry Hubs.

Anyway, for one who isn't interested in that kind of thing, I find it odd that you're so keen to jump on any post we make, often while ignoring relevant data.

And that's about the third time you've said you were done, and yet you keep coming back to snipe at me. See my prior comment about not making a point, and just trying to be a pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:40:14 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #865 on: September 21, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Personally I think that would spell the end of AH. I don't think HTC would even consider that. I am just pointing out as long as we can "talk" to each other, we are gonna fly together.

To HTC

Whether in a squad or not, a lot of people enjoy comraderie and flying in groups. Don't think so? Go look at the clipboard in the game and tell me you don't see streams of green... yeah you see a few dots off by themself, but they are usually pork-runners or strat guys.

Nothin wrong with flying in a group---squealing 50 plane MOB is dweebish, whether BOP's or Rook-RJO is doin it---no fun being IN the mob, DAMN sure no fun tryin to fight it---utterly unfun, makes me wanna do nothing but log. If you can't enjoy the game  unless  you're flyin with 50 or 60 of your closest friends and their LA7's, you need to go back to Quake
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #866 on: September 21, 2006, 10:11:16 PM »
I seriously don't believe big squads are a significant problem ....My squad has two guys in it tatertot and I,... we are always in good company especially when the other is not on...lol.....but flying alone does become a bore at times.......and I imagine there are other individuals and very small groups who really appreciate people who can organize an attack.

You might  mistakenly think Its Falconwings squad that is an issue...I have flow all three sides and I will tell you first the UNFORGIVEN is the most deadly challenging squad.

But what I really want to impress upon this conversation and what people negatively call "hordes" is that it is VERY RARE THE INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN COMMAND AN EFFECTIVE ATTACK....it is natural when these people are on that whether your a squad mate or not  to participate with them...they have your respect....again there are very few individuals  FALCONWING USGRIM and 68KO are three of the very  best!!!!!!!

When people try to  make guys like these out as the bad guys ...its dang humorous!

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #867 on: September 21, 2006, 10:11:36 PM »
What is this game call “Aces High” suppose to be all about?

There are three countries but you are not allowed to be dedicated to any one country.  We’re given the ability to form squads but are not suppose to be loyal to the other members.  We are given mission planning tools and VOX but we are not supposed to organize ourselves.  If you see a stream of green going to a fight, you can’t follow because that might look like hording, nor can you go to an empty space on the map because you’re not allowed to attack an undefended field.  We just spent a year debating Furballing vs Toolsheading and walked away with the idea that a single person should not be allowed to spoil the fun of others.  Now, HTC is saying that a single person should be allowed to spoil the fun of others as long as the “others” are BoPs and that we must sacrifice the BoP Horde (which turns out to be the few despite being a horde) for the sake of the many.  HTC even goes into what looks to me like a personal attack on Falc to see whether his loyalty to the squad is genuine.

HTC, if you would have stuck to the story about the arena spit was due to some server issues, I would have accepted that – I didn’t mind the change.  If the other countries truly could not get themselves organized to counter the BoPs, and if the BoPs where truly ruining the “community” by banding together, why didn’t you just come and talk to us about it?  I don’t know if we could have come to some solution but that approach would have been honest.  Doing this way, on the bbs, is giving me the message that you don’t appreciate my patronage or my contributions to the skins.  When you attack Falc, you’re attacking BoPs, and you’re attacking me.

So, I ask again.  How are you supposed to play this game?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #868 on: September 21, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
get a grip.  we're pissing and moaning about the fact that we can't all fly together, as we want to.

We're pissing and moaning about the effective change to the gameplay caused by the new number limitations.  

Denying the existence of the issues does not make them go away.

Shuby-do ... I think it is you who needs to get a grip.

I quoted him and it was he who was saying ... it looks like the same ole AH to him ... hence my response ... cause I truely know that you all are pissin' and moanin' and understand why you all are pissin' and moanin'.

It's not my fault you didn't get it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
I still contend that you could have simply replied with “Im glad to hear it falc”

He woulda felt good. You woulda felt good and the readers woulda felt good.

This is true, and maybe in hindsight if I had known it would have led to this I would have stopped there. I still dont honestly understand why you are so upset with the second part of that post, I didnt have any malicious intent with it and I am still somewhat puzzled that of all the things I have said, that got this reaction from you. Believe me, if I had wanted to get a rise I would have been much more direct about it.

In light of the way you handle my apology. Or ignored it.   I am left with my original thought.[/b]

I am sorry, I did not see it. After you posted this I went back and I saw missed this:

Ahh ok..i see what you are refering to. No i didnt go to that thread. So in that regard i must extend my apologies to you. Sorry :(

I didnt ignore it, I just missed it. My fault.

You were indeed baiting falc with the “respectfully though” preface, and are indeed being insulting preying off someone heart felt
Concerns.  LOW

I am done with you now. [/B]

I am sorry you got that from that post, but at this point all I can tell you is that was not my intention when I wrote it. I put the "respectfully" part in because I wanted to emphasise that I was trying to be serious. I guess it didnt work.