Author Topic: I don't want to play in a 60 player arena  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
I don't want to play in a 60 player arena
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »
the main reason there hasn't been any increases in customer base is the total utter lack of new stuff, and the much promised TOD etc.

I've been hearing this "2 weeks" bull for the last 3 year and its old.

through 2002-2004 AH changed a lot, improved a lot, and moved into AHII. this is why the customer base increased.

Now, we have a game that is the EXACT same as it was almost 2 years ago, with almost no updates, but little tweaks here or there, and one Massive mistake of splitting the MA because its "broke".

Whatever. the 3 MA's are now broken even worse.

If HTC isn't seeing a massive dive in player numbers then it must not be opening its eyes, during the morning, I've gone from seeing 60-80 playing, to less and 40 (spread between 3 as well).

Vets leaving.... well maybe they just getting tired of the game they've played for so long. I for one think its an achievement for them to have played so long. People move on, people change tastes, its just the way it goes.

One way i make this game different every month, is to do different things. Some weeks i will furball, some weeks i will bomb, some weeks i will GV, some weeks i will help try take bases.

However a few of these have become hard work.

furballing: With who exactly? the servers are empty.

bombing: whats the point now? furballers moaned so much back in 2004, that every conceivable target is now harden, or disabled from porking. Now bombers can only suicide bomb GV's, and people complain about that.

GV: no problem here, except it was never AH's strong point, leave this to WWIIOL.

take bases: well, again, same as furballing. With who and against who? And even if i did try to take a base, the furballers will moan that its not AH. AH is not warbirds. AH is AH.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2006, 10:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
If HTC isn't seeing a massive dive in player numbers then it must not be opening its eyes, during the morning, I've gone from seeing 60-80 playing, to less and 40 (spread between 3 as well).
Unless those people are actually cancelling subscriptions, then the numbers flying should mean very little to the "business" side of HTC.  That is, if I enjoy myself less, and therefore play 40 hrs per month instead of 80, but continue to subscribe, this is actually a good thing for HTC as fewer resources are consumed, yet the income stays the same.

So there is your basic quandry.  Has your enjoyment dropped so low that you will actually quit?  If not, then you might as well accept the current situation and make the best of it, because nothing short of a substantial number of account cancellations will make it go back (and even then it might not).

I would assume HTC is betting that despite the unhappiness out there, most will continue to subscribe, even if they play less.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
Unless those people are actually cancelling subscriptions, then the numbers flying should mean very little to the "business" side of HTC.  That is, if I enjoy myself less, and therefore play 40 hrs per month instead of 80, but continue to subscribe, this is actually a good thing for HTC as fewer resources are consumed, yet the income stays the same.

So there is your basic quandry.  Has your enjoyment dropped so low that you will actually quit?  If not, then you might as well accept the current situation and make the best of it, because nothing short of a substantial number of account cancellations will make it go back (and even then it might not).

I would assume HTC is betting that despite the unhappiness out there, most will continue to subscribe, even if they play less.

Very good point. One thing I think is that we need to simply wish, and STOP INSULTING HTC!!! Out of the goodness of his heart, and thee deepness of his wallet he has given us this GREAT game. If he has made any changes, he has his reasons. Ask nicely, and wish, and leave it at that. Lets not get demanding, please people. And this is still a very new change! 3 arenas are like marajuana. They are a gateway to either great things, or the devil's work depending on your point of view.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 11:44:51 PM »
One thing a lot of folks really don't understand about HT is that it isn't just about the money. It is also about HIS vision of what the game should be. He has consistantly stated for years that he did not want to split the community with multiple arenas. Welp, the way the community has gone in the last few years, he changed his mind. Heck give the guy credit for seeing that something was out of wack and trying to do something about it.

For me, yes...sometimes the availability of opponents is not as great as it once was. However, the fights that I find are so much more satisfying than those from the last couple of years. Personally, I won't miss the days of the "Great Hordes". While it may be "realistic" tactics....it makes for very lame gameplay.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
One thing a lot of folks really don't understand about HT is that it isn't just about the money. It is also about HIS vision of what the game should be. He has consistantly stated for years that he did not want to split the community with multiple arenas. Welp, the way the community has gone in the last few years, he changed his mind. Heck give the guy credit for seeing that something was out of wack and trying to do something about it.

For me, yes...sometimes the availability of opponents is not as great as it once was. However, the fights that I find are so much more satisfying than those from the last couple of years. Personally, I won't miss the days of the "Great Hordes". While it may be "realistic" tactics....it makes for very lame gameplay.

Hit the nail RIGHT on the head.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2006, 12:35:05 AM »
Originally posted by E25280

Exactly, he's lucky there isn't really any real competition out there.
If there was..........
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2006, 01:27:34 AM »
Thing is I didnt always go to where the horde was and still had alot of fun.  There were enough people to let me seek them out for smaller fights. Now there seems to be JUST a horde where the players congregate, and there arent enough leftovers to find those small fights. The best arena is LW1...its fine..its just needs a higher limit.

~AoM~