Author Topic: How to use the bomb sight  (Read 3687 times)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
How to use the bomb sight
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 09:50:45 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
You do *not* need to hold the cursor in place.

PS: You can check accuracy of calibration in the TA with the lead computed bombsight. When the green cross is exactly in line with your gunsight cross, calibration is good.

Heck Schatzi I know ya don't have to do it the old ways.  We have several excellent bomber pilots in the squad that tell me the same, and that follow the new procedures.  Seems as though every time I do try the shorten methods........I miss my targets.  Only takes one or two misses & I go back to the old ways.......:) ........hit every time:aok

Would like to do some test runs in the TA though...........what's the command to bring up the "Green Cross Hairs"?

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
bombing accuracy
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »
For accuarate bombing your altitude and speed must not change after calibration, and calibrated speed must equal posted speed on e6b. It does not matter how long you hold the y for as long as calibrated and e6b posted speeds are the same, after you have calibrated. If they differ, recalibrate until they are the same. Good Luck.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:01 AM »
Originally posted by LTARokit
Heck Schatzi I know ya don't have to do it the old ways.  We have several excellent bomber pilots in the squad that tell me the same, and that follow the new procedures.  Seems as though every time I do try the shorten methods........I miss my targets.  Only takes one or two misses & I go back to the old ways.......:) ........hit every time:aok

Would like to do some test runs in the TA though...........what's the command to bring up the "Green Cross Hairs"?

LoL Rokit, sorry. I just wanted to point that out and make it clear, since this is the Help and Training and new players are bound to read, that are not familiar with the old/new and any ways :)

The lead computed bombsight in the TA is always there, you dont have to turn it on. As soon as you select ordenance as secondary weapon, you get it.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 11:41:07 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm wondering what the go is with salvos in bombers.

Can you pre-set, say 50%, of your load to drop in one button press as opposed to trying to hit the trigger 4 times in quick succession?

thanks
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 07:52:45 AM »
Yes Xasthur.

You can set both, salvo and delay. The commands for both are dot commands in radio chat.

Type .salvo ## (Valid range between 0 and 100) and .delay ## (Valid range between 0.05 - 1.0) in your radio chat box.

Salvo is the number of bombs released per drop. Delay is the time in secs between release of two bombs during a drop.

So, salvo 5 and delay 0.1 will drop 5 bombs with a delay of 1/10th of a second when you hit B once.
21 is only half the truth.