Author Topic: lousy fights..  (Read 9180 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:16:06 AM »
in MW last night..  was a bish with mars.. the fights started out ok but then we gained so many in numbers that every fight was us with 6 or 12 and them with 2-5...  

We couldn't switch cause we just had...  fortunately two of the guys on the other side were squadies...  best fight I had was with a squadie that I found in a canyon in an FM2  even tho we outnumbered the red guys three to one... this was a one on one with only one other red guy in a 109 taking one easily avoided sissy little B & Z at me while we were fighting.

Other than that.... not much fun.   The overall numbers were even for countries I guess but the local numbers were really lopsided.   The fun of killing squadies made up for it tho slightly.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

storch

lousy fights..
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »
I dunno we in JG54 were fighting a huge nit horde that wanted V58 awfully badly.  It got so intense with 7:1 ratio in the woobiecane hordes favor that we finally were forced to up typhoons to dispatch them efficiently.  one fight against nomak was pretty good and another was great but I forgot which one the 5 I killed that sortie he may have been but it was a P38. all in all we died lots but we usually got multiple kills per sortie and I was only vultched once.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: lousy fights..
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
in MW last night..  was a bish with mars.. the fights started out ok but then we gained so many in numbers that every fight was us with 6 or 12 and them with 2-5...  

We couldn't switch cause we just had...  fortunately two of the guys on the other side were squadies...  best fight I had was with a squadie that I found in a canyon in an FM2  even tho we outnumbered the red guys three to one... this was a one on one with only one other red guy in a 109 taking one easily avoided sissy little B & Z at me while we were fighting.

Other than that.... not much fun.   The overall numbers were even for countries I guess but the local numbers were really lopsided.   The fun of killing squadies made up for it tho slightly.

lazs

I know what you mean.

I logged on to this BBS and scanned the new threads.  I took a look at this one and had an instant craving for some cheese.  I attributed this to the fact I was reading a whine.

I like cheese.....other than that, this tread turned out to be boring.

The fact there are other threads made up for it tho slightly.

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
LW last night had a sweet furball going on by A18.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »
donzo... I am pretty sure that you don't know what I mean.  I am also pretty sure that you weren't there and even more sure that if you were you would have thought it was a great time to be one of the 5 on one green guys.

we just play different.

lazs

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 02:38:12 PM »
I still say if HTC took away, or at least severely limited, the radar the fights would be better. That would increase the surprise factor, and help curtail the gangbanging. Sure, if you're the loner type you'd have to change your tactics somewhat, or risk encountering multiple enemy aircraft (i.e. fly with a buddy). You could look at teh map and use logic to try and figure out where the enemy's likely to be, but no longer could a horde know exactly where a lone bogey was, and home in on the hapless guy (or gal).

But I haven't been a paying player for quite sometime, so my opinion may not count for much.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 02:57:05 PM »
slimm... I'm thinking the oppossite.   good dot dar tells you when a good fight exists... with bar dar people become frieghtened to risk their cartoon lives... they then tend to hold each others hands and go in large groups.

Better... would be more durable radar with the field spacing closer in the early and mid war arenas than in the late war ones.

lazs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
I tend to see it have the oposit effect slimm.

Have done test to see what happens with radar for everyone all the time.

It tends to promote more but smaller fights.

It tends to let people mount a defense early when a "Horde" is taking off.

HiTech

Offline mojo7

• Zinc Member
??//??
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 03:04:46 PM »
The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts,
All on a summer day:
The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts,
And took them quite away!

:t

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
lousy fights..
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

HiTech

ZOMG!!!1!!!!!   :O

Say it isn't so......there's a de-fence for teh horde?????????

You mean you can actually defend against a horde?

Wow, I would have never guessed it.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
mars-lazs etc
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »
I ran into you guys very briefly in MW last night .
(its ok they gave me a new plane and the bleeding stopped when I got to the tower)

I would have stuck around but it was squad night and we ended up setting up operations elsewhere.

look forward to flying against y'all again

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:19:41 AM »
fb...  sorry if we were part of the gangbang... it wasn't much of a fight I know but it was all we had.   we couldn't switch sides yet or we woulda... we often end up fighting our own sqaudies.... sooo...

we understand why people hate em... they gloat and call us names and steal our kills when they are on our team... Hubs has said some particularly cruel and insensitive things to me in the past.

I may have spent too much time here in the general forum because all the estrogen I have been breathing made me break out in tears.

Probly another couple months here and I would grow breasts... fortunatly.. the Oclub offers hormonal balance.

lazs

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
lousy fights..
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:39:48 AM »
Originally posted by Nightshift82
LW last night had a sweet furball going on by A18.

Yeah but it got boring after you do 5 or 6 sorties and get either rammed or Hoed by some dweeb that doesn't know any ACM....  The furball was nice, but some of the people were morons.  Had some nice runs with pleanty of targets to shoot at but like I said, the HO's and Ram's got rediculus. :rolleyes:
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:44:55 AM »
I was there Laz,

When I arrived it was a few v a few.   I saw a couple seafires and FM2 and someothers.   I knew it was you guys after Mars got a kill on me.  

I was hoping for some good fighting, but then the sky was filled with tons of enemy planes and I bugged hoping to work the edges.    

I also like the MW or EW arenas,  its tasking me to try some differnt aircraft.  That night I was trying the P47D-11.  It was alright, but I often was wishing I had a wildcat instead.    The fast planes can keep you alive in a bad situation, but the slow ones can make for some great close action.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
I tend to see it have the oposit effect slimm.

Have done test to see what happens with radar for everyone all the time.

It tends to promote more but smaller fights.

HiTech

Hey HT,

I'm glad your testing the effects of radar changes.  I think there was a lot of anecdotal evidence that dot dar (as opposed to bar dar) led people to where the action was.

Given any thought to testing out some of the suggestions in the radar range wishlist thread?  That 25 mile CV radar range would be a good one to try ;) and I'm still of the opinion that some large strat radars (maybe just at HQ in a small map?) would be a good thing too.

EagleDNY
$.02