Author Topic: Muted  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 06:33:08 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
The thing is, alot of the people who have behavior problems, tend to be repeat offenders. An hour? If it were me it would be a "Cya..thanks". I
would'nt be interested in their business.

LOL i am not a repeat offender,is first incident and last TYVM

And speaking of rulz unevenly applied i know what MF is supposed to mean,which makes its use  a way of bypassing the filters,but i mite get the post edited for its use while it goes on being used by others in this forum openly and without reprocussion
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:03:29 AM by Junkit »

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 06:38:52 AM »
Originally posted by Ball
What happened? :confused:

Well Ball after i complained openly to you about the RAF killing LW after hostilites ended  you >S< Axis i went to make a differant gesture :) and got muted for an hour,but apparently i was really muted because the trainer decided my complaining was inappropriate and had warned  me to change the subject the "gesture" was just the finale blow :)
BTW the getsure was a >S<  with a f :) i saw rulz #4,5,7 so this could be edited or deleted and replaced.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:54:16 AM by Junkit »

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Muted
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »
to be perfectly honest i do agree with the trainer in this instance because  it was clear that you came into the TA with a motive just to have a pop at us (or me) about the scenario and she did warn you.

just out of interest, was your previous handle Juntts?

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 07:13:55 AM »
to be perfectly honest i do agree with the trainer in this instance because  it was clear that you came into the TA with a motive just to have a pop at us (or me) about the scenario and she did warn you.

just out of interest, was your previous handle Juntts?

No my original was junkitt (from ah1)  from years ago ive been a few between then and now and no i didnt change because i was in trouble alot(i left for medical reasons twice and just plain bored once :)  )
and btw i didnt go there looking i went there and saw  you and decided to complain i didnt even know the trainer was RAF til i checked the logs.Or who the culprit was :) altho the logs told me the who that isnt why im here lol
But either way i accepted the muting i dont accept the hour i wasnt flaming you just complaining when asked to change subject. The gesture was inappropriate but like i said ive seen worse. Here ill even return your >S<.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:17:59 AM by Junkit »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Muted
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »
Originally posted by Junkit
No my original was junkitt (from ah1)  from years ago ive been a few between then and now and no i didnt change because i was in trouble alot(i left for medical reasons twice and just plain bored once :)  )
and btw i didnt go there looking i went there and saw  you and decided to complain i didnt even know the trainer was RAF til i checked the logs.Or who the culprit was :) altho the logs told me the who that isnt why im here lol
But either way i accepted the muting i dont accept the hour i wasnt flaming you just complaining when asked to change subject. The gesture was inappropriate but like i said ive seen worse. Here ill even return your >S<.

Me being RAF in BoB had *nothing* to do with muting you in the TA.

You were out of line on chat. Simple as that.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »
never said it did have anything to do with it, i was replying to his comment that i wen there looking which i hadnt :) and i still dont agree with the hour.....15 mins  maybe but an hour is  the biggest problem i had(see past tense lol)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:30:14 AM by Junkit »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Muted
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 09:23:29 AM »
Speaking as an ex trainer, ex Trainer Corp lead, frankly, people do not remember 15 minutes.

Now you'll not likely forget the hour anytime soon will you?

Besides, in the TA if you have a rowdy crowd the trainer would get nothing else done if he had to rewarn, reboot people every 15 min.

At an hour the people at fault have a bit more time to rethink their actions. The Trainer involved gets a breathing space in which to actually train.

Plus people have a chance to cool down before they come back in.
Otherwise you'd have hotheads wanting to continue the same arguement that got them in trouble in the first place, right?

Now you know why :)

Go forth & sin no more grasshopper!

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Speaking as an ex trainer, ex Trainer Corp lead, frankly, people do not remember 15 minutes.

Now you'll not likely forget the hour anytime soon will you?

Besides, in the TA if you have a rowdy crowd the trainer would get nothing else done if he had to rewarn, reboot people every 15 min.

At an hour the people at fault have a bit more time to rethink their actions. The Trainer involved gets a breathing space in which to actually train.

Plus people have a chance to cool down before they come back in.
Otherwise you'd have hotheads wanting to continue the same arguement that got them in trouble in the first place, right?

Now you know why :)

Go forth & sin no more grasshopper!

I almost accept this explanation :)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Muted
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 10:10:26 AM »
never said it did have anything to do with it, i was replying to his comment that i wen there looking which i hadnt :) and i still dont agree with the hour.....15 mins  maybe but an hour is  the biggest problem i had(see past tense lol)

The default mute duration in the TA is 60 minutes (3600 seconds)

Any Trainer can reset the default for each individual instance.

You were fortunate that Schatzi was the Trainer, some of the other Trainers would probably have ejected you when you refused to comply with a rules related request. You got off easy.

If two players have a beef, the TA is not the place to settle it. Moreover, there's never any reason to broadcast over the country channel anyway. That is what the PM option is for. You should be advised that unacceptable language in PMs can have consequences as well as a film or screen shot can always be forwarded to HTC for review.

Furthermore, whining on the BBS only reinforces the perception that you do not know when to zip it closed, cut your losses and move on.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Muted
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 10:29:01 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
If two players have a beef

one player.

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:15 AM »
one player.

True that.. i was complaining not him :) he just happened to be there

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Muted
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »
sorry but i was the one that killed you, why i thought you searched me out.

didnt see the disengage call til after i got you and smoked your friend, when i saw the disengage sign i broke off your wingman and let him go.

i did apologise over open channel for my mistake.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Muted
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 11:36:57 AM »
The power to mute a player in the arenas is not applied in an equal manner; it's just something you'll have to get used to or stop paying HTC your cash & leave. It comes down to whether or not the individual with the power likes you personally. If you were warned to "change the subject" & you didn't I can't see being muted either, but the F-bomb is verbotten in most public online areas so you knew you had it coming right?

Offline Junkit

• Zinc Member
Muted
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »
sorry but i was the one that killed you, why i thought you searched me out.

didnt see the disengage call til after i got you and smoked your friend, when i saw the disengage sign i broke off your wingman and let him go.

i did apologise over open channel for my mistake.

I must have left b4 that, and i found out today after reading logs that it was you :) but again that isnt why i am here  I apologize myself for bringing my complaint to the TA.And complaining to the first Allied pilot that i saw :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:47:11 AM by Junkit »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Muted
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »
But either way i accepted the muting i dont accept the hour

1 hour is the defult time.  The mute could be cancled at any time.  Ive never left anyone muted for the duration.   What I have done is tell them privately what I expect from them when I unmute them, and that the next step is the boot if they won't comply.