Author Topic: Engineering the Vulch  (Read 1859 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
cannons?  when throwing my name around, please do your homework first.  I have been doing NOTHING and I do me NOTHING but vulching with F4U1Ds this tour.  Thank you very much.:aok

I am hoping someday that somebody will show me how to fight anything other than what is sitting on the runway.  someday.....
LMAO!  Sorry Killn, I got you mixed up with that CHOG dweeb CptDeath,  and I thought I saw u in that two engined bomber thingy  with the twin fuselages vulching the other day but I could be wrong.  I'm glad you did get the humor in my post though, sir! :aok

PS. I actually gave myself the heebeegeebees adding myself in there with the likes of COORS and Paccerr.  I do apologize to you and SHawk about that!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:41:13 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:35 PM »
lynx, i fly rook so i see you around a lot. you are a very good pilot, but you seem to get so  angry sometimes in game when things arent organized or executed properly. keep in mind that a great many people flying around have fewer than several months experience, and i know that when i was at that point i never completely understood the intracacies of base capture. it takes a while for people to learn the game and be confident doing anything other than vulch in those situations.

I have never personally seen anyone intentionally try to screw up a base capture for the sake of getting a good fight, and if they are doing so they are shooting themselves in the foot, because everyone knows the best fights happen when one country is down to just a few bases fighting desperately to keep from reset.

Maybe the people you are talking about arent trying to screw things up intentionally, but maybe they just dont know what a goon is. or where the vh is. or any other of the things that take experience to figure out.

Then again, maybe there are a few people that would try to stall base captures so they can vulch. If thats the case, then thats their deal, they pay their 15 bucks, the maps are big enough that there will be another opportunity for anyone with any preferred style of play.

To me, the strategy component is simply not immersive enough  to make me want to get too involved with it. I fly 95% fighter sorties but still recognize and respect the land grab. If I was really into strategy, I would check out another game, WW2OL or something else. I'm not trying to call you out lynx, but just enjoy this game for what it is. If some dweebs are screwing up a capture, have a laugh and rtb, up and go after another base.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »
Well said trotter.